Not open for further replies.

jonny2hottie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2010
Strong Beach, CALI
www.youtube.com
these are supposedly the 2 best atties on the market at the moment. I did a quick vid of my first impressions and will do a follow up review later on tonight.

So far im REALLY impressed with the dripping atomizer. I loved the 357 but sorry to say i've found a new love. :vapor:
Please subscribe to my youtube channel while your at it. Thanks!

jonny2hottie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2010
Strong Beach, CALI
www.youtube.com
im actually really surprised to see that so far this thread has only 44 views and 1 response. is it because no one really cares or knows of the SmartVapes dripping atty??

i've been vaping it all day. i can tell you one thing is for sure. I will never buy another HH357. I have tried 3 different HH357's so dont get me wrong they are good atties but these 1.8ohm dripping atties are bar none probably THE BEST ATOMIZER on the market. i've tried them all..well pretty much. from bauway to joye to cisco to ikenvape to BE and so forth....

dont let the 1.8ohm rating fool you. These perform like no other 1.5ohm atty has ever performed. they produce just a warm a vapor as the 357, which is warmer than most other 1.5 ohm atties i have tried, but the flavor is just robust. I've dripped a couple different juices in this and its showing me a some undertones that i have never noticed before. AVEjuice is so complex that i can taste just about every other ingredient all in one vape. Vapor production is equivalent to that of the hh357 which is saying alot. its not gurgly like the 357 which i like. i mean what else can i say?? they are $5.xx for one dripping atty and if you buy a pack its like $22. vs getting 1 single hh357 at $22.xx. its a no brainer.

i also bought the 3ohm version of the dripping atomizer but ive been having a blast using the 1.8 so i'll save it for next time. i was going to do a review after 24hours using the dripping atty but i'll hold off and give it a week to fully break in. i can only imagine the results after its broken in fully.

on another note: if you are using the hh357 on a provari the max you can turn your voltage up to is about 3.9v. i turned the 1.8 ohm dripping atty all the way up to 4.7v and its still going stronger than ever. at 4.8v i finally get an E2 error.

BEAT THAT!

FatBill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
CT
Jon, I got the Smartvapes 1.8 ohm Dripping atty yesterday. So far, it outperforms any atty I've used so far. Using it on my Icon... Thank you, by the way. I've yet to try a higher vg mix. Using Backwoods Ry4 which is 70/30 PG/VG not too much leaking yet either. Finally... a great performing atty at a reasonable price. I have not tried the HH 357 yet but it is on the wish list.

fsroq

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
Spain
Hi Jonnny2hottie,

no lack of interest, I ordered a few of them, the 1.8 Ohms, but they have to be sended to Europe, so I still dont have them and cannot comment anything.

Did you try the 3 Ohms, how do they perform against the 1.8 Ohms, and at what volts?

Did you try the vapage hybrid ato and can compare it to the smartvapes one?

kaykay

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2011
concrete jungle
johny thanx for the review...and honestly speaking...i'm with u 100%..i have tried both atty's and i bought the dripping atomizer the first week that it came out on the market and this atty is still going strong!!...i'm not gonna lie if u look back @ the thread the owner and i had a lil beef cause mine was leaking everywhere and he thought i was trying to get over on him...then when i got my megladon i noticed that the don's design was perfect for this atty..the juice just sits in the cup and waits for me to draw...i have done everything to this atty even boil it blow through what ever end i feel like...and no learning curve...but we all know why the .357 is so expensive....it's on man making them and he does a hell of a job @ what he does...plus he has to share profit with avidvaper for selling them @ the site.

jonny2hottie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2010
Strong Beach, CALI
www.youtube.com
I've been using mine with a drip shield since the video so i havent noticed any leaking issues of course. if it did leak the provari has a catch cup. and yes I also had a Don, they have HUGE catch cup's so im sure it would take a bit of juice to finally be able to draw it back into the atty.
357's are quality and handmade but i still would rather have a pack of 5 dripping atties anyday! these are awesome in comparison.
johny thanx for the review...and honestly speaking...i'm with u 100%..i have tried both atty's and i bought the dripping atomizer the first week that it came out on the market and this atty is still going strong!!...i'm not gonna lie if u look back @ the thread the owner and i had a lil beef cause mine was leaking everywhere and he thought i was trying to get over on him...then when i got my megladon i noticed that the don's design was perfect for this atty..the juice just sits in the cup and waits for me to draw...i have done everything to this atty even boil it blow through what ever end i feel like...and no learning curve...but we all know why the .357 is so expensive....it's on man making them and he does a hell of a job @ what he does...plus he has to share profit with avidvaper for selling them @ the site.

Hi Jonnny2hottie,

no lack of interest, I ordered a few of them, the 1.8 Ohms, but they have to be sended to Europe, so I still dont have them and cannot comment anything.

Did you try the 3 Ohms, how do they perform against the 1.8 Ohms, and at what volts?

Did you try the vapage hybrid ato and can compare it to the smartvapes one?
I havent tried the 3ohm ones yet. im having too much fun with the 1.8 for now. maybe ill test them out tomorrow. I've been using the 1.8ohm atty at 3.7v but its nice at ~4.1v. You could even turn it up to 4.7v and its a beast!

I have tried the vapage hybrid atties but only on a 3.7v device. they are nice but nowhere near the level of the 357 and definitely not the level of the dripping atty.

fsroq

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
Spain
Nice, you have tried both, so I,ll wait untill I´ll get the dripping atty.

Thanks alot.

I've been using mine with a drip shield since the video so i havent noticed any leaking issues of course. if it did leak the provari has a catch cup. and yes I also had a Don, they have HUGE catch cup's so im sure it would take a bit of juice to finally be able to draw it back into the atty.
357's are quality and handmade but i still would rather have a pack of 5 dripping atties anyday! these are awesome in comparison.

I havent tried the 3ohm ones yet. im having too much fun with the 1.8 for now. maybe ill test them out tomorrow. I've been using the 1.8ohm atty at 3.7v but its nice at ~4.1v. You could even turn it up to 4.7v and its a beast!

I have tried the vapage hybrid atties but only on a 3.7v device. they are nice but nowhere near the level of the 357 and definitely not the level of the dripping atty.

Dalton63841

Moved On
Feb 14, 2011
Maine
I JUST saw this thread today, and had never heard of the dripping atomizer before. I haven't tried the hh357, because Im not paying that much for one atomizer, but based on your review I will definitely have to buy a few of these soon, and they have them in 3ohm, which is my personal preference.

Thanks for the excellent review man! I have really been wanting a better performing atomizer and depending on my own reaction to using one I may have just found it.

jonny2hottie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2010
Strong Beach, CALI
www.youtube.com
ok so after a few days of using the dripping atty on my provari this is what i found:
-its a thristy atomizer so im going through juice a little faster..which i dont mind because the flavor is awesome
-the ones i have are leaky SOB's so my drip shield is a major plus. I highly recommend using a drip shield with these (can be bought at avidvaper or empiremods)
-because its leaky, if i have it sit for a minute or two i have to give it a dry pull to suck the juice back into the enormous ceramic cup then vape. or else i get a bad burnt taste on that first hit. every hit after that is good.
-the first second after firing the atty is cold. so i have to fire the atty wait a second then hit it.
-once the coil is hot is vapes very well!
-they can handle very high voltages for their ohm ratings. on the provari the 1.8 goes up to 4.7v. the 3ohm hits 6v but im sure it could handle more.

overall a great atty! very slight learning curve but as is with everything involved in vaping. ENJOY!
video update will be sometime soon reiterating this info and more...

TF450

Apr 10, 2011
PA
Same deal as Icey. Wanted to order from Smart Vapes yesterday but they only had 3 ohm. Not even a mention of the 1.8, so for all I know they could have discontinued them.......hoping they are just temporarily out of stock. Anyway, I am getting low on attys so I went to Avid Vaper and splurged on the HH257 and also order 2 of their Cisco Spec 510 1.8s which I currently use and like a lot. If the 257 lasts anywhere near as long as some reviewers claim, it may turn out to be a good investment. Hope I am not dissapointed.

emonty

Flavor Junky
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2009
the Netherlands
Even if the HH.357 was great, will never order from Avid again. I ordered three weeks ago, paid $12 for shipping, send several e-mails on the status and this is what they have to say:

I am sorry for the delay, you will need to give this more time to arrive, we have experienced packages taking in excess of 5 weeks to arrive.

This is from the shipping policy on our site:

Since we rely on third party shipping entities like USPS, UPS, FedEx, and foreign customs agancies to handle the shipment of our products, Avid Industries, Inc. can make no Guarentees or warranties about delivery dates or our products, Avid Industries, Inc. cannot be held liable for any damages or inconveniences caused by late product delivery,loss of items during shipment, or customs delays.

This notice is in bold RED when you check out:

All First Class and Priority orders inside the US (50 states) ship with delivery confirmation, this is not a tracking number although USPS sometimes updates the location status but not always. Signature confirmation for domestic first class and priority mail are available as an option. Domestic and International USPS/EMS Express Mail carries a tracking number and signature confirmation. First Class and Priority Mail International shipping are NOT trackable and do not carry delivery confirmation outside the US, because of this we have no recourse if a shipment is delayed, held in customs, lost, or never delivered. USPS/EMS Express Mail International is the only trackable shipping method outside the USA. Please be aware of this when choosing your shipping method.

So my mistake that I did not pay $30 for shipping of an atty!!!!! I have never had this with any supplier, they took care of me they way they should!!

jonny2hottie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2010
Strong Beach, CALI
www.youtube.com
Just a small question, why doesn't the 3 ohm version work on bottom feeders?

Sent from another Galaxy uSing Tapatalk
neither the LR or the HV work on bottom feeders because they have closed center posts. but in actuality i did make it work on the REO. i fed the catchcup well first (its a little harder to squonk the bottle than normal because its blocked) then did a couple dry pulls to get the juice into the well. idk if it worked because maybe there was enough space around the atty threading to feed or not but it worked. may not work for all.

on another note my youtube follow up review is up on youtube now! subscribe to my channel! im going to do all my reviews in HD now. ENJOY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread