Ego-C Twist VV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vid

ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2011
Wolverine Lake, MI
This is my post from 5/4 (5 days ago) on my first impressions. Just re-posting to help anyone considering the Ego-C Twist.

Got mine today 5/4/12 also, been using it with Vision Stardust's. It's great, I typically do not care for a freshly charged Ego clone battery such as a Riva, seemed kinda harsh off the charger for the first 10 to 12 drags. BUT with the EGO-C Twist I find a nice consistent vape between 4.0 and 4.2 from start to finish, the twist definitively is a great intro to VV. This is the first time I have tried VV, and I dig it. The consistancy of the voltage and performance was excellent. Once I dialed in to 4.2v I was good to go, and the vape was perfect up to the last drag when the batt blinked and told me to charge it. I will order my back up Ego C Twist this coming week. I had a lavatube in a cart for 3 month and just didn't pull the trigger cause of the $60 for the kit and 20$+ for a map or J tank. $60 for 2 Ego C Twist's is a good deal, plus I leverage my stock of brand new Stardust's, I'm good to go. the best part was I use 80/20 pg/vg juice (Chocolate Lust by Gourmet Vapor) and at 4.0v its very good, at 4.2v's I'm pushing it, but the best part was filling my stardust up to 90% w/Chocolate Lust and 10% Good Prophets Peanut Butter 100% VG and taking it up to 4.2v was Nirvana! Like vaping a Reese's Peanut Butter cup!...lol. I am so glad I purchased the Ego C Twist, it's great portable vv device and it's plug and play with a stardust. Just note it's about 3/4" longer than a typical Ego 650 mah batt, but that really does not bother me due to the capability of this device. I'm hooked! Battery life @ 4.0 to 4.2v wasnt really that bad, just like my Ego/riva clone's for vape time, just a way more consistent vape til the end. I'm sold.

hs3000

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2011
Saint Louis
This is my post from 5/4 (5 days ago) on my first impressions. Just re-posting to help anyone considering the Ego-C Twist.

Vid, thanks for the review. I've been on the fence since I am pretty happy with my 808 (Volt) kit. Although I have been pretty interested in trying Vari voltage, the cost of admission was a little too high for my tastes.

With the Ego Twist, a charger and a couple of Stardust, I could give it a try for under $50, not bad at all...

hs

MDO1265

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2012
NJ
Thanks for all the imput in this thread gang. I have been at this for a few months now and really appreciate all the effort people put into making vids and sharing advice and thoughts on here. about a week into using my first RIVA 1100 Mah kit and some stardusts , I caught ROBBIES vids and was rebuilding the stardusts. The first Riva took a dump when I had a stardust on it and tried yanking off the tube to rebilt it and the riva top came off with it... OOPS !.. lesson learned there. Second Riva took a dump last week... just died... think Im done with riva.

Been using an Ego VV passthru 650 thats workled flawlessly and also a Lavatube. I have been wanting another Ego style for on the go vaping and had my sights set on the twist and after reading this thread and watching Robs video... I just went and grabbed a 1000 mah stainless from cignot.

Thanks gang.

OFF TOPIC....

Hey Robbie.... have you had any luck getting the VIVI Nova to behave like a stardust yet ?? Mine vapes like a truck but its dead on flavor.... still scratching my head on how thats possible...

rlh445

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2012
Baltimore, Maryland
Welllllp....pulled the trigger. I bought two 1000mah Twists, one black and one stainless. Also got six (3 black, 3 clear) V2 Vision clearos at 2.5-2.9ohms as well as a charger and 20ml (10 in each bottle) of Dekang juice (Vanilla, PB) and with EMS shipping, it cost me $98.00. Man, I'm excited. It'll probably get here in 3-5 days and when they do I'll be sure to revisit this thread and give my own opinions. Woo!! These'll be my first EGos'.

Errol

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Salt lake City, Ut
Welllllp....pulled the trigger. I bought two 1000mah Twists, one black and one stainless. Also got six (3 black, 3 clear) V2 Vision clearos at 2.5-2.9ohms as well as a charger and 20ml (10 in each bottle) of Dekang juice (Vanilla, PB) and with EMS shipping, it cost me $98.00. Man, I'm excited. It'll probably get here in 3-5 days and when they do I'll be sure to revisit this thread and give my own opinions. Woo!! These'll be my first EGos'.

Which vendor did you order from?

Errol

Kyi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta
Ok, you guys have all convinced me of something I already wanted to do... get the Twist!! The price is right and I don't think I really need the 6V batteries, especially since I've already spent waaaaay too much since I switched to e-cigs. Do kGo's run at 4.2v? I have a Firefly (eGo clone I think) and 2 kGOs, one which I may give to my boyfriend who is attempting to quit smoking, but he prefers the patch. He did ask me to get him some nicotine free juice in case he has a smoking urge. ANYWAYS... good excuse for me to get a Twist and play with it. I also have some Stardusts (SR ones now, getting LR ones in the mail soon), and a bunch of samplers from Mrs. T's bakery... can't wait to try them on the Twist.

Now the question is... pink or stainless silver.. and the 650mAh or 1000mAh. I am not a heavy vaper, and I'd really prefer my e-cig to be smaller but... honestly, I guess it doesn't even bother me that much. I'm also curious about the vendor.

GWG73

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2012
Florida
Heres a quick question for any one who may know the answer. Does a 420 mah charger work with the 1000 mah twist ? its a charger that came with my 1100 mah Riva kit.

Hmmmmmmmm.... should have ordered another charger?

The 420 works fine. I just got my 1000s from Cignot and charged them right up.

On that note....WOW!!!! I love this thing. At 4.2 with a Boge LR....heaven!!!!

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    The 420 works fine. I just got my 1000s from Cignot and charged them right up.

On that note....WOW!!!! I love this thing. At 4.2 with a Boge LR....heaven!!!!

If you have the time to do a comparison, could you put a 3.0 boge on and tell me how that compares, and at what setting? TY

I'm wondering if the flavor is diff. doing it that way? Same wattage, just different flavor, vapor?

GWG73

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    Florida
    If you have the time to do a comparison, could you put a 3.0 boge on and tell me how that compares, and at what setting? TY

I'm wondering if the flavor is diff. doing it that way? Same wattage, just different flavor, vapor?

I'm sorry, I don't have any 3.0s to do a comparison. FWIW, comparing 4.2 vs the standard Egos...the flavor to me seems a little more full, I say more bite to it, and it produces more vapor (which I can't get enough of for some reason). I did go all the way up to 4.8 on the 2.0 and a Stardust...that seems to burn for me.

Myk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    I got mine today. 4.2-4.0 seems to be my sweet spot with the SR eGo-C attys for the ones I don't like better at normal voltage.
    Higher than that and it starts getting harsh.

I would say because of that range an Upgrade battery would be a better deal for me except for the ability to fine tune flavors.

I have no problem with the 1000mah length.

Errol

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 4, 2010
    Salt lake City, Ut
    Ok, you guys have all convinced me of something I already wanted to do... get the Twist!! The price is right and I don't think I really need the 6V batteries, especially since I've already spent waaaaay too much since I switched to e-cigs. Do kGo's run at 4.2v? I have a Firefly (eGo clone I think) and 2 kGOs, one which I may give to my boyfriend who is attempting to quit smoking, but he prefers the patch. He did ask me to get him some nicotine free juice in case he has a smoking urge. ANYWAYS... good excuse for me to get a Twist and play with it. I also have some Stardusts (SR ones now, getting LR ones in the mail soon), and a bunch of samplers from Mrs. T's bakery... can't wait to try them on the Twist.

Now the question is... pink or stainless silver.. and the 650mAh or 1000mAh. I am not a heavy vaper, and I'd really prefer my e-cig to be smaller but... honestly, I guess it doesn't even bother me that much. I'm also curious about the vendor.

Color is a personal thing, mine are mostly black. Cost including shipping is always important to me so the $24 delivered was very attractive to me. 1000mah would just depend on how much more I would have to spend for an additional couple of hours of vaping.

Errol

Kenji

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 10, 2011
    Ca
    I just bought 2 1000mah from Cignot, should be here sometime next week. I was really close to buying a provari but I guess if these work fine ill put a hold on the provari. Question to anyone that has the twist, can you chain vape on these ? Will they over heat and shut off, im not talking about crazy chain vaping just i guess 3-4 drags rest for 5-10 seconds and 3-4 drags again for maybe about 5mins or so. Thanks

Kevin H

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 15, 2011
    Connecticut
    That shouldn't be a problem Kenji. I got my 650mah on Wednesday, and have been vapin' it like a champ. It hasn't gotten hot on me......yet. Those 1000mah's are probably going to be monsters. My 650mah twist is just over an inch longer than the standard Ego 650's. It's 3 7/8" long. I think the 1000mah is another inch larger than that. Otherwise....it was worth the $23.98 that I spent for it.....Shipping included from a USA vendor.

Kent C

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2009
    NW Ohio US
    EGo-C twist 1000mah complete, just over 7".
    EGo-C Upgrade PT 1000mah complete, 6 3/4".
    EGo-C 1000mah complete, 6 1/4".

Hi Myk... just for comparison

eGo-c Twist 650mAh complete (with eGo-c atty/tank) - just over 6"
    eGo-c Upgrade PT complete - 5 3/4"
    eGo-c Upgrade and eGo-c 650mAh are the same size, complete - 5 1/8+"

Myk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    Hi Myk... just for comparison

eGo-c Twist 650mAh complete (with eGo-c atty/tank) - just over 6"
    eGo-c Upgrade PT complete - 5 3/4"
    eGo-c Upgrade and eGo-c 650mAh are the same size, complete - 5 1/8+"

I was hoping someone would give the 650 sizes.

My 1000mah Twist doesn't seem to last noticeably less than my others. That's with me using it at mostly 4.0v.
    I hate the lack of warning color on the LED.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread