Forum issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Can you guys keep a running update on whats being looked into in the first post of this thread so we don't keep asking the same questions over and over. For example I can't delete conversations and it's difficult to search through 17 pages to see if there's any updates or progress.

Those are being worked on as we type. I have to admit, it is confounding the guys working on it. XF is not playing nice with messages pre XF :blink:

The best suggestion I have at the moment is to do what you just did: Ask at the end of the thread. Most people do not read the first post after that first time.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Thank you for the update. I've been trying to follow this thread as much as possible to say up to date but must admit the questions are coming in faster then I can read them:)

They seem to be slowing down, now that tapatalk is working again! Whewwwwwww !

Reactions: Debadoo

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
While it is marginal and still much faster than the old forum. I have noticed that the forum is a little slower responding today. So let's be careful what bells and whistles we ask for and do not end up with a turtle for a forum as far as response time goes. All things need to be weighted to give the best of all worlds...

Just my opinion...

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
I've noticed the same. It could be the work that is being done under the hood trying to find out what the hell is going on with deleting old PM's.

shaking-no-smiley-emoticon.gif
OOOO - "You" Used A "BAD" WORD ! ! !
angry-no-smiley-emoticon.gif

SO - I Guess It's To The "SIN-BIN" With "Yourself" . . .

e1297066358f5ef0525396202a49fcc3.jpg

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
HEY!!! What's wrong with a turtle???

Nothing wrong with Turtles - especially Green ones. Just enjoyed one the other night - Deeelicious...

On a serious note. ECF was down for two days - the transferred everything without dropping any of the old stuff. Yea, they have a few quirks and have a few add ons to complete. They could have taken the time to finish everything and then bring ECF back on line with a "Complete" package, but it would still of needed tweaks because there is no way that they would have thought of everything - no matter how good they are. Now this could have taken weeks to complete - I vote for two days and having patience while they complete their upgrades instead of the latter taking weeks and still needing tweaks...

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Nothing wrong with Turtles - especially Green ones. Just enjoyed one the other night - Deeelicious...

On a serious note. ECF was down for two days - the transferred everything without dropping any of the old stuff. Yea, they have a few quirks and have a few add ons to complete. They could have taken the time to finish everything and then bring ECF back on line with a "Complete" package, but it would still of needed tweaks because there is no way that they would have thought of everything - no matter how good they are. Now this could have taken weeks to complete - I vote for two days and having patience while they complete their upgrades instead of the latter taking weeks and still needing tweaks...

I totally agree; the 2 days without ECF was bad enough! It's workable just as it is, and they're working on all the dangling strings...

Still think they did a remarkable job. :thumb:

Andria

daleron

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Those are being worked on as we type. I have to admit, it is confounding the guys working on it. XF is not playing nice with messages pre XF :blink:

The best suggestion I have at the moment is to do what you just did: Ask at the end of the thread. Most people do not read the first post after that first time.
    Ah .... okay ;)
    Was coming to see how to get rid of those conversations :facepalm:

Reactions: Robino1

Robino1

Resting in Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 7, 2012
    Treasure Coast, Florida
    shaking-no-smiley-emoticon.gif
    OOOO - "You" Used A "BAD" WORD ! ! !
    angry-no-smiley-emoticon.gif

SO - I Guess It's To The "SIN-BIN" With "Yourself" . . .

e1297066358f5ef0525396202a49fcc3.jpg

And just yesterday you loved me *sigh* I see how fickle you are.....

I transfer my love to you!! ;)

Evi|grin

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 21, 2013
    I'm sorry it is giving you a headache. As soon as they work out the more pressing issues, they will be working on a darkened theme and fine tuning the way the way the forum presents itself.

Everything takes time. Patience grasshopper..... please?

As a technical admin and mod on another forum i know things come up but it literally took minutes to add a theme to phpBB v3 and IIRC it was fairly simple in vBulletin also. Its my opinion this type of issue should have been addressed before the migration even took place. Forum software often times have 2 available themes by default or at least the ability to integrate them before the migration.

My last forum migration went to a test server first so admins and mods could get familiar with it before the members. It also let us address the vast majority of issues before the actual migration.

Thank you

Reactions: Semiretired

retired1

Administrator
    Admin
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Texas
    Sure, it you're going to buy something "out of the box", it may be possible to do what you describe.

The existing theme was done from scratch. This site is heavily modified. Buying something "out of the box" doesn't cut it with ECF.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 15, 2011
    help.gif
    Okay - I know those in power who are working on the priorities have more then enough to do . . . However, I am really really upset right now and NEED to mention what happened so that a possible fix can be done . . .

Long story short - I was writing a post with a number of edited multi-quotes - it took over an hour to respond to those quotes and was just finishing up after adding & editing a few of the things I found wrong . . . When all of a sudden, after clicking on "Preview" to check that everything was alright before I posted "My" message . . . WAM BAM . . . POFF . . . Almost all of the post disappeared . . . All that was left was just 2 quotes (out of the 10) and "My" Responses to those quotes . . . I even went back to the "Undo" option icon and tried to undo everything prior to the "Preview" . . . Low and Behold, it undid a couple of edits and left me with nothing else but those same 2 quotes/responses. . . To say I was upset is an injustice . . . :mad: :censored: . . . is more like it . . .

However, I took a breath and remembered that when this type of situation happen in the past, if I just closed the window and went back to the thread to open it again - then go to the reply box where there was a "Add Saved" box and click on that to re-enter what was "Saved" before the window was closed with all the previous content (except for possibly one or two edits) miraculously appeared - SUCH A TIME SAVER . .

Well - To say the least that did not happen and all that was "saved" was the same 2 quotes/responses . . .
    shakehead.gif

So -Is there any way . . . 1) Hopefully to find or a work around to retrieve what I wrote in that post ? ? ?
    2) Can this issue be addressed and/or fixed some time again hopefully in the near future ? ? ?

THANKS ! ! !

retired1

Administrator
    Admin
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Texas
    So -Is there any way . . . 1) Hopefully to find or a work around to retrieve what I wrote in that post ? ? ?
    2) Can this issue be addressed and/or fixed some time again hopefully in the near future ? ? ?

Click on the little diskette, there's an option to save as you go (as in more often than the auto save). As for the one that you lost? Stuff happens. Sorry.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread