It's these kind of people that are going to ruin it for all of us...

Status
Not open for further replies.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
i would like to ask that those that are saying we must consider what the public
thinks and perceives how we vape to refrain from such unfounded statements.
no one knows how the public thinks or
perceives us. quit thinking for them and
counting them as if they are on your side.
no ghost allies.
regards
mike

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Does your nephew live in a bubble? Because if he's that sensitive to it, he probably should. So basically what you're saying is that no one has a right to vape in public because someone "might" be allergic. Bit of a stretch and sounds a lot like the argument that someone "might" get offended.

^^^^^^^
FWIW, our local high school has been declared a nut free zone. Don't know if any current students have any peanut allergies, or if they are just being proactive, but the school is infringing on the students' rights to a PB&J sandwich for lunch.

Reactions: Ohm Gnome

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
The people that can actually think for themselves already know this.
Unfortunately Spidey there are lots who are not affected yet who have no clue about the freedoms and libertys they are losing.
They are not stupid or uneducated just unaffected as of yet. Those that do all of this deceptive stuff are sneaky and underhanded.

TaketheRedPill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2009
Southern California
i like that rule.. but i am lucky in that everyone at the office seems to really enjoy the juices i vape and am often told to vape more to make the office smell better. there are a couple of other vapors here and i try to encourage them. they are in the 'i vape at work, but smoke everywhere else' club. which is fine. i understand the difficulty to get off of cigs. i just tell them to focus on the ciggs they don't smoke. but everyone has these setups that don't satisfy, and when i tell them what to get they don't want to commit the $ to it.

but i digress..

in public.. i often have my mod in my hand. its my pacifier. i might hold it for 30 minutes walking around and not even hit it. i try to not hit my mod in front of people in stores.. and try to not fog anything out.. its just a respect thing.

so true. That's where's it's at - it really boils down to a respect thing. You've got group permission at your office, and your use seems respectful. I bet if someone in your office said to you, that the scent of zizzleberry triggers my COPD, you'd keep zizzleberry at home. But then there are the unaware. I was reading a post the other day where a guy's son came in the room and said Dad, what are you vaping it smells like cat urine. Dad walked out and back into the room and realized, yes, yes it did! If I saw someone trying to create a weather front next to the tomatoes at wallyworld I'd probably go over and introduce them to ECF. I think increased awareness of their role as a sortof ambassador brings with it a sense of respect for others. (and I'd definitely tell them if their vape smelled like monkeybutt haha!)

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
so true. That's where's it's at - it really boils down to a respect thing. You've got group permission at your office, and your use seems respectful. I bet if someone in your office said to you, that the scent of zizzleberry triggers my COPD, you'd keep zizzleberry at home. But then there are the unaware. I was reading a post the other day where a guy's son came in the room and said Dad, what are you vaping it smells like cat urine. Dad walked out and back into the room and realized, yes, yes it did! If I saw someone trying to create a weather front next to the tomatoes at wallyworld I'd probably go over and introduce them to ECF. I think increased awareness of their role as a sortof ambassador brings with it a sense of respect for others. (and I'd definitely tell them if their vape smelled like monkeybutt haha!)
it has absolutely nothing to do with respect.
its called common courtesy.
you do not have to respect me and i do not have to respect you.
we both however should use common courtesy when dealing
with each other. that is how we have gotten this far with out
killing each other.
get over this respect,schmecked' stuff.
its a canard designed to keep people from dealing
with the issues intelligently.
:2c:
mike

TaketheRedPill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2009
Southern California
it has absolutely nothing to do with respect.
its called common courtesy.
you do not have to respect me and i do not have to respect you.
we both however should use common courtesy when dealing
with each other. that is how we have gotten this far with out
killing each other....

cour·te·sy \ˈkər-tə-sē, British also ˈkȯr-\. : polite behavior that shows respect for other people

syntax, my friend. Without respect, there can be no courtesy as one requires the other ;)

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
cour·te·sy \ˈkər-tə-sē, British also ˈkȯr-\. : polite behavior that shows respect for other people

syntax, my friend. Without respect, there can be no courtesy as one requires the other ;)

Respect must be earned. Being courteous is more a manifestation of SELF-respect -- having one's own standards of behavior and exercising them. Courtesy is also a facet of enlightened self-interest -- more flies with honey than vinegar and all that.

I will respect those who have earned my respect. Everyone else gets courtesy, until/unless they cross some line which makes courtesy useless if not impossible.

Andria

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
Respect must be earned. Being courteous is more a manifestation of SELF-respect -- having one's own standards of behavior and exercising them. Courtesy is also a facet of enlightened self-interest -- more flies with honey than vinegar and all that.

I will respect those who have earned my respect. Everyone else gets courtesy, until/unless they cross some line which makes courtesy useless if not impossible.

Andria
Exactly we call Obama President out of courtesy not necessarily respect. ;)

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa

they absolutely do not require each other.
where on earth do you come up with that?
i am not required by any standard to respect any inner city
illiterate gang banger. i however using common courtesy will
treat them as a human being unless the individual makes that
decision impossible.
common courtesy is how will deal with everyone in the world
we don't know.
respect is given to those we know because through their actions
towards others and your self they have earned it.
common courtesy is free.
respect is earned.
and screw my syntax.it doesn't bother me at all.
mike

Spidey2011

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2014
Baker, MT
FWIW, our local high school has been declared a nut free zone. Don't know if any current students have any peanut allergies, or if they are just being proactive, but the school is infringing on the students' rights to a PB&J sandwich for lunch.
So you think every public area should be declared a nut free zone?

Reactions: ScandaLeX

Spidey2011

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2014
Baker, MT
Unfortunately Spidey there are lots who are not affected yet who have no clue about the freedoms and libertys they are losing.
They are not stupid or uneducated just unaffected as of yet. Those that do all of this deceptive stuff are sneaky and underhanded.
Well, that may be true, but regardless of what affects them, they should pay attention to any new regulations.

newvaper92

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2015
Jackson, Michigan
It's all about how you go about it- I went on a road trip with a good friend today, and took my vape with me. We were in my car, but I really felt no need to use it until we had stopped- So instead of just whipping it out and vaping up the car, I brought it out and first asked her if she knew what it was (she didn't previously know I vaped, but knew I had smoked a bit- she smoked for a while a few years back) and she was like "yeah it's one of those hookah things" So I explained it was 99% healthier than cigs wnd it didn't smell bad or anything, we talked about it for a few minutes, then I took a hit. No huge clouds, I have an Ego battery with a Mini Protank 3. But probably more than if someone was actually smoking. She asked if she could try it and I replied "sure!" She asked what flavor I had in it (Mr. E Liquid's Heartbreaker, a sweet fruity flavor) then I showed her how to use it and she took a tiny puff- then said it wasn't too bad but not her thing. Fine, more for me :) I vaped most of the way home, till the battery died. Grr, rush hour traffic and a dead battery, NOT a good combination. I didn't know what her reaction would be when I pulled it out, so I explained before just taking off with it. Didn't want to get one of the "YOUR DOING WHAT IN THE CAR while driving!" Reactions. I found out that a lot of her other friends use them, so she knows what it is but had never tried one. Today "COULD" have been her first time seeing an e cig, and not knowing what it was, I could have gotten a completely opposite reaction. There ARE people out there that don't know anything about them and think it is either flat out "smoking" or other substances of some kind. We need to be considerate of those people and try to educate them rather than just assuming everyone on the planet knows what E cigs/mods are, how they work, and what they do. Assuming just makes an a** of you and me. And even once they are educated, some people just aren't going to accept vapers, even though we aren't exhaling the poisionous clouds that smokers are. It looks like smoke, so it *HAS* to be bad. And there isn't anything we can do to change these people's minds- they need to see by experience that vapers aren't obnoxious about blowing clouds in your face, or leaving old butts laying everywhere, and that most e liquid smells 200x better than cigarette smoke. They aren't going to see this picture from vapers that cloud up the grocery store where smoking isn't allowed.

Reactions: skoony

TaketheRedPill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2009
Southern California
they absolutely do not require each other.
where on earth do you come up with that?
i am not required by any standard to respect any inner city
illiterate gang banger. i however using common courtesy will
treat them as a human being unless the individual makes that
decision impossible.
common courtesy is how will deal with everyone in the world
we don't know.
respect is given to those we know because through their actions
towards others and your self they have earned it.
common courtesy is free.
respect is earned.
and screw my syntax.it doesn't bother me at all.
mike

www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/courtesy
also,
courtesy - definition of courtesy by The Free Dictionary - 2. a courteous, respectful, or considerate act or expression.
Courtesy Synonyms, Courtesy Antonyms | Thesaurus.com - synonyms: respect

People don't have to earn my respect, they have only to lose it.

jamtwo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2014
In the D, MI
I would have to agree with the OP on this one. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. It even goes back to my days of smoking. If I was in an area that was okay to smoke, and say a parent with their child walked by, even if they weren't in the radius for second hand smoke, I would almost 99% of the time cup my hand over my cigarette to lessen the smoke and more or less hide it. Did I have to? Absolutely not. Was it appreciated? No idea. I just felt it was the right thing to do.

I too live in Michigan, I'm very familiar with Meijer, and if I was walking through the cereal aisle to grab up some pop tarts or whatever, and someone was just fogging up the aisle, I too would be slightly off put. Sure there is nothing saying you can't, but why is it necessary? There are elderly, infants, young children, it's essentially the mixing pot at your finger tips. I am going with TaketheRedPill on this one, I respect everyone until I'm given a reason not to.

Plain and simple, it's unnecessary, it's not the most respectful thing to do, and when you can walk outside in less than 2 minutes, why not just excuse yourself?

The day we no longer have respect for our fellow beings, we might as well just get blown up, at that point humanity is pointless.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/courtesy
also,
courtesy - definition of courtesy by The Free Dictionary - 2. a courteous, respectful, or considerate act or expression.
Courtesy Synonyms, Courtesy Antonyms | Thesaurus.com - synonyms: respect

People don't have to earn my respect, they have only to lose it.

courtesy is how one behaves in the general public.
it is something done as a mater of course not necessarily respect.
a courteous act may be done respectfully but is not required.
read your second definition. "a courteous,respectful,or considerate act."
they are not mutually inclusive.
Respect | Definition of respect by Merriam-Webster

regards
mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread