Status
Not open for further replies.

cobalt327

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2012
USA
Protovapor has the Evolv dna 25D for $36.00 including shipping. Might have to do that instead of waiting on a co-op to get off the ground. DNA 40 large is $60.00 shipped, small is $56.00 shipped.

G, I have another diy projects going on in these days,
so I'm not in a hurry. The co-op timing is actually very good to me.
Thank you for letting me know
No problem. Just for clarification, when I said "Might have to do that... ", I was referring to myself. I have a DNA Zero clone in need of a new board. ;-)

DubbyaH

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2013
Waco, tx, USA
I'm sure this has been addressed here but just don't have time to read entire thread so please forgive me. I own several DNA 40 mods and have been very lucky so far as they have all worked but just recieved a new one and am having an issue. I keep getting a weak battery indicator. I've used a couple different attys and several different batteries and still get a weak battery message after about an hour of use when the battery gets to about 3/4. The mod is from a relatively well known "high end" C- Frame builder and haven't gotten a response from them yet so thought I would check here to see if there is something I can do or if it's a bad board.

DejayRezme

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 22, 2014
    Europe
    I own several DNA 40 mods and have been very lucky so far as they have all worked but just recieved a new one and am having an issue. I keep getting a weak battery indicator.

If this only happens with this mod and not with other DNA40 mod with the same batteries, then it could be a bad ground. I doubt it's related to the chip just a soldering / screw up (literally lol). You should as the one who made it. Or look inside if the ground is connected to the case.

Reactions: DubbyaH

DubbyaH

ECF Veteran
    Apr 1, 2013
    Waco, tx, USA
    I've tried several different VTC4 that I know are legit, efest purple 35 amp, and a brand new MXJO. These are all batteries, except the MXJO, that have worked fine in other DNA devices. I appreciate the responses and it's what I feared. Took FOREVER to get it and now got to try to send to Phillipines. Buyer Beware!! Again thanks for info. What has me scratching my head though is that a fresh battery works fine but only happens once gets to around 3/4. That's with a 0.5 and 0.3 ohm builds at 35 watts. I would think that a bad connection or some other modder error it would happen all the time. And I can reduce the watts and sometimes it will stop for a while. Very strange.

retird

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 31, 2010
    North Side
    Devices with case grounds can do this and sometimes with negative battery wire attached to case and board ground tied to case... C frame devices use case grounds if I remember right... never owned one but read a bunch of threads...the HB dna40 device had this very low (weak) battery issue, just as you are seeing... as they had used the case for atty ground, battery negative attached to case and negative from board to case ground... what device do you have.... link???

Last edited:
    Reactions: DubbyaH

DubbyaH

ECF Veteran
    Apr 1, 2013
    Waco, tx, USA
    Devices with case grounds can do this and sometimes with negative battery wire attached to case and board ground tied to case... C frame devices use case grounds if I remember right... never owned one but read a bunch of threads...the HB dna40 device had this very low battery issue, just as you are seeing... as they had used the case for atty ground, battery negative attached to case and negative from board to case ground... what device do you have.... link???

It's a Dees V3. They sell on Facebook.

DejayRezme

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 22, 2014
    Europe
    That looks like a sweet mod! I would definitely shoot him a message and ask him what to do. It looks like the kind of mod you don't want to take risks with, but that looks like it uses a case ground. I've seen mastblast solder to aluminium on a recent techtime but it's a hard thing to do.

EDIT: Theoretically you could find a modder in your vicinity to repair it.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread