11230848_1025895167434707_4665396996944425039_n.jpg

Reactions: KTMRider

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
Sorry if it has been answered ~ what's the ETA on dna200?
6/24 from one site selling just the chip (Avid Vaper). There were also a few other subtle hints that it was going to be released this week-ish.

I'm waiting for the Vaporshark pre-order. Or might wait for Shark Week (7/5).

Wormbrnr

Sep 27, 2013
TX
I took advantage of the recent VS 4th of July sale and picked up a rDNA40 and started playing with it this weekend. I had something odd happen today. While in TC mode when I tried to lock the resistance and it would lock wattage. It wouldn't correct this until I removed the battery. Normal fluke or something to contact VS about? I've been vaping for years but feel like a total noob using a TC mod. I also had it go straight to protect mode when firing after charging. I was getting nearly no vapor. It eventually sorted itself out. While it was cheap, I'm perhaps regretting getting a VS.

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
I took advantage of the recent VS 4th of July sale and picked up a rDNA40 and started playing with it this weekend. I had something odd happen today. While in TC mode when I tried to lock the resistance and it would lock wattage. It wouldn't correct this until I removed the battery. Normal fluke or something to contact VS about? I've been vaping for years but feel like a total noob using a TC mod. I also had it go straight to protect mode when firing after charging. I was getting nearly no vapor. It eventually sorted itself out. While it was cheap, I'm perhaps regretting getting a VS.
Sounds like you have a short in your atomizer. Rebuild your coil.

Sptz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hey guys,

I just bought an Esquare DNA40 and have a couple of questions. The latest rev of the chip is the one with the atty lock right? That's how you identify it? Or was there anything after that?

Also, I read that the DNA40 doesn't work with TC at 0.1ohms very well? Is this true at all? I used to own an SX Mini M and it worked perfectly there and even below, so I'm not sure if it's certain user's error or not.

ozen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2014
Rabbit Hole
Hey guys,

I just bought an Esquare DNA40 and have a couple of questions. The latest rev of the chip is the one with the atty lock right? That's how you identify it? Or was there anything after that?

Also, I read that the DNA40 doesn't work with TC at 0.1ohms very well? Is this true at all? I used to own an SX Mini M and it worked perfectly there and even below, so I'm not sure if it's certain user's error or not.
Hold up+down button without locking fire button until screen flash 'Atty locked hold up down'. 0.1ohm works fine on mine tbh

Reactions: dwcraig1

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
Hey guys,

I wouldn't worry too much about the latest version. They're all basically the same. I have 4 large screens and 1 has a glitch but not very often and it resets itself. I've tested my DNA40's from .10Ω to .24Ω and found that .10Ω - .12Ω is the sweet spot for my tanks.

There's a few great videos explaining how the DNA40 works and it's very different from the SX350j. Personally, I think the DNA40/200 is much better than the SX350j in every way.

Reactions: Rossum

Sptz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I wouldn't worry too much about the latest version. They're all basically the same. I have 4 large screens and 1 has a glitch but not very often and it resets itself. I've tested my DNA40's from .10Ω to .24Ω and found that .10Ω - .12Ω is the sweet spot for my tanks.

There's a few great videos explaining how the DNA40 works and it's very different from the SX350j. Personally, I think the DNA40/200 is much better than the SX350j in every way.

Thanks mate.

Regarding the use of Titanium, do you know the formula I need to use for the temperature?
Also, does it need to be torched or anything like that to clean impurities?

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
Thanks mate.

Regarding the use of Titanium, do you know the formula I need to use for the temperature?
Also, does it need to be torched or anything like that to clean impurities?
I've had great luck with Ni200 so I never bothered with Ti. Probably never will.

Reactions: jmarkus

KGie

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2014
Tampa, FL USA
While in TC mode when I tried to lock the resistance and it would lock wattage. It wouldn't correct this until I removed the battery.

Yep, that has been my experience too, except that removing and reinstalling the battery made no difference.

I'm currently in non-temp mode, though, and it occurs to me it actually would make more sense to lock the wattage in non-temp mode, and the atty ohms in temp mode -- I'm wondering if this is now how it's actually supposed to work? If it is, I like it. If it's not -- well, I just had it fixed, and it's not right again? Might this mean something else is now amiss?

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
What's the max amps that the dna40 will use while in TC mode? Trying to get some batteries lined up. Is the input current max of 16 amps the most it will use out of the battery? Or do I look at the output current which is 23 amp instantaneous peak? what does this peak mean?
You need a battery that can handle 16a continuous (the input rating). The chip converts it to the 23a instantaneous output.

I use LG HE2 and Samsung 25r batteries for my DNA40 mods.

Reactions: MegaVap

Paul4444

Aug 14, 2014
Canada
Hi

I've just received the Tan Plus mod from Lost Vape. It has the evolve DNA40 temp protection chip that was working fine for the first day. Now when I don't use the mod for a few hours or overnight it won't wake from sleep. I've think I've tried all combinations of buttons but it just won't turn on, I have to remove and reinsert the batteries and everything is fine again. I'm new to this chip so is there something I'm missing or has anyone else had a similar problem?

Thanks

Paul

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
Hi

I've just received the Tan Plus mod from Lost Vape. It has the evolve DNA40 temp protection chip that was working fine for the first day. Now when I don't use the mod for a few hours or overnight it won't wake from sleep. I've think I've tried all combinations of buttons but it just won't turn on, I have to remove and reinsert the batteries and everything is fine again. I'm new to this chip so is there something I'm missing or has anyone else had a similar problem?

Thanks

Paul
That's definitely not normal. I'd contact Lost Vape to have it exchanged.

Reactions: dwcraig1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread