accidentally left battery charging

Status
Not open for further replies.

solipsistic xerophyte

Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
southern california
So last night I guess I was more tired than I anticipated and forgot to unplug my charger before knocking out. I was charging a 18350 battery. As soon as I woke up I remembered and immediately unplugged the charger. I left the battery sitting all day and just checked it on my multimeter and it reads 4.18 volts. I also checked it on my sigelei and it read 4.2 volts. I am th overly cautious type though so I just wanted to ask you guys if you think the battery is still safe or if I should properly dispose of it.

solipsistic xerophyte

Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
southern california
You're fine. If it's a Trustfire charger, I'd still baby that battery and take it off when the charge indicator turns from red to green. Nitecores, on the other hand, are a little bit safer and more reliable. In the future I would spring for a quality charger.

Next week I'll be ordering a nitecore as well as some other supplies and goodies. Just have to wait for payday.

I checked the battery about six times haha just to be safe and I'm trying not to chain vape. So far so good but I'm going to be extra cautious for now. Next time I won't be charging batteries so late at night.

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
A decent charger should have no problem charging over night. The reason we shouldn't is because all electronics can fail. The advice also allows for some leeway for those who don't know a quality charger is a worthwhile investment. Consider it a whole lot of situational ifs and buts condensed into one easy to remember rule of thumb: "Don't charge unattended".

It's not that big of a deal. Still; not worth playing a chances game (however low the probabilities) if it can be easily avoided.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread