Kayfun 4 o-ring replacements question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrlakeman

Mar 25, 2015
So i got a tobeco kayfun 4 when i got it i cleaned it soaked it overnight but still has the oil smell and taste going on. Im thinking the o rings soaked up the oil and now i cant get it out of them. Im gonna do a complete o-ring swap. Im wondering if i get a o ring kit from harbor frieght would it have all the necessary o rings i need or are there some odd sizes ill have to get online. Thx

doofy666

Dec 31, 2014
Wales, UK
I don't know anything about harborfreight kits.

A kit like one of these will see you OK:
Electronic Cigarette Atomizer Accessories for Kayfun V4-1.38 and Free Shipping| GearBest.com
Kayfun V4 Parts Kit/ Rebuild Kit - 101 Vape

Diagram gives oring sizes:

k4_zpsfwaos9m4.jpg

jrlakeman

Mar 25, 2015

jrlakeman

Mar 25, 2015
Didn't you get a spare spring? :)
Honestly i dont know i stripped the tank down and threw it in a bath the spring was good so i didnt look for the spare. I bet its in the pc tank which i never use so i just left it in the box. Bought 2 tanks so i deffinitly have a back up spring even if the spare wasnt included. I was planning on getting one good tank out of the 2 but both were perfect other than the o rings leached the oil into them.

dhood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2014
Georgia
Try soaking the parts with the rings in rubbing alcohol. That should get it. I put some Suicide Bunny in a Subtank and could NOT get that melon taste out of the tank even with straight menthol juice (pulled it apart and soaked it in hot water 3 times). I finally had to pull all the o-rings and a soak overnight in rubbing alcohol was able to get it out.

jrlakeman

Mar 25, 2015
Try soaking the parts with the rings in rubbing alcohol. That should get it. I put some Suicide Bunny in a Subtank and could NOT get that melon taste out of the tank even with straight menthol juice (pulled it apart and soaked it in hot water 3 times). I finally had to pull all the o-rings and a soak overnight in rubbing alcohol was able to get it out.
Ill give that a try, i hate to ditch the o rings i got in them now. They seal perfectly dont leak a drop as i see others had issues with this run.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I have three Tobeco KV4's and all came with an extra spring in a bag inside the polycarbonate tube that's in the box.

I haven't found a local supply for 0-rings, though. From the description of the Harbor Freight 0-ring sets, there's not anything like the sizes of the large o-rings in there. I haven't checked for anything but the bottom section rings that commonly cause leakage.

Some have upped the #16 o-ring to 12mmx1.5mm. This looks like a source.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Axial-O-Ring-12x1-5mm-S12-5-AXA1188-NIB-/390427501038

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread