Any review/comments on the new Efest 35A 2800MAh 18650 battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonSG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
New Efest 2800mAh 35A 18650 battery.

20150413193611817.jpg

Thinking about upgrading my old Efest 35A 2500mAh batteries.

Are these the real deal?

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
No because there is no continuous 35amp 2800mah battery in existance for them to rewrap.. If Efest claims theyre making their own cells now then wow theyve somehow managed to bypass the gigantic corporations of LG, Samsung and Sony with all of their resources and YEARS of experience at lithium battery chemistry.

I still dont understand why people even bother looking at Efest, when the real big 3's batteries outperform them, dont lie about their specs, AND theyre cheaper than Efest's rewrapped cells made by other manufacturers.

Reactions: Baditude

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I would be highly suspicious of any advertising claims made by Efest. They have a long history of exaggerating the specs of their batteries.

Purple Efest Batteries Not As Advertised

I can almost guarantee that the battery is no higher than 30 amps continuous discharge, more than likely only 20 amps continuous, and possibly only 10 amps continuous. With Efest, you just don't know depending upon what cell Efest uses. Definitely do not trust their advertising.

In the past, purple Efest batteries were cells purchased from other manufacturers. Then Efest would put their own battery wrap on and in most cases overstate the specs of the original cell. How can just putting a new wrapper on a cell give it better specs? :glare:

Last edited:

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
Objective testing is always a good thing....

I registered so I could see that post and wow.. The Samsung pretty much wiped the floor with all the rest of em including the VTC5 for the most part (Come on who vapes a 30amp load anyways). Good to know I made a wise investment in the 4 I have. I love my LGs but the Sammys do in fact last a bit longer with my setups..

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
I can't access the page. Can you give a short version of what the testing shows?
It's Jon Kuro's "vaping realistic" battery testing on the Vape Faction site. Here's the URL... leave out the end dashes to cut and paste into your browser.

-http://vapefaction.com/forums/showthread.php?1600-Battery-Load-Testing-

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
It's Jon Kuro's "vaping realistic" battery testing on the Vape Faction site. Here's the URL... leave out the end dashes to cut and paste into your browser.

-http://vapefaction.com/forums/showthread.php?1600-Battery-Load-Testing-
One apparently needs to be registered on the site and I'm not so I can't access the post.

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
One apparently needs to be registered on the site and I'm not so I can't access the post.

You dont need to actually complete it though.. I signed up, was told I would get one of those activation emails, yet it logged me in and showed me the post. Still havent gone and even read the email they sent yet..

DragonSG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Looks promising.

"Last week I tested the 2100mAh "38A" Efest 18650 battery, and it didn't live up to expectations.
This week I ran the rule over their new 2800mAh 35A 18650, and this is a totally different prospect."
attachment.php

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
I'm quite curious to see how this pans out, I've been waiting for a newer battery cell to hit the 18650 high drain area as most of the batteries we all use are revision of 2012-2013 designs. IMRbatteries picture more clearly shows the wrapper(Efest Purple 18650 2800mAh 35A Flat Top Battery - IMRbatteries.com and it clearly states 35A is the continuous discharge and then an 80A pulse rating. Not sure if I can trust, almost positive they're a re-wrapped something...I need to know...must know...

Reactions: Baditude

DragonSG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Just got mine yesterday at local store.

Initial findings as follows.

Tested this 2800mAh using my Kbox with 24awg 0.6ohm subtank mini which I used to vape at 20W with VTC5 and Efest 2500mAh 35A batteries. This means current drain is about 5.8A @ 3.5V (verified load voltage with multimeter on terminal posts, Kbox is highly power efficient mod)

I noticed the battery bar takes forever to drain, definitely much longer than the other two cells.
I keep vaping at my normal vaping speed for more than 3 hours and the battery bar only drop by 3 indicators (out of 7), whereas the other two would have usually drop by at least 4-5, LOL, incredible.

I estimate it last at least 20% longer than my 2500mAH Efest & VTC5at this current discharge. Yes, it seems totally out of proportion with the 2800mAh, feels like giving out much higher mAh at this wattage.

Although higher current drain remains to be tested, it fits my purpose and exceed expectations. This is the Real Deal.

All I can say is for now, this battery simply rocks.

mrcrunch08

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2013
mount airy, NC
Ive been playing with these 2800mah efests for a couple days now and so far out of the new batch of high mah high drain batteries out now they seem to be the best performing out of bunch I've tried. In a mech it seems to be on par if not slightly better then my trusty vtc5's but in my sx mini it out lasts every battery I tried. This may only mean something to sx mini owners but I average 27000joules with the 2800mah efests while getting 25000j with the 35a 3000mah AWT(less when vaping below 0.8ohm with this battery), basically the eaxct same experience as the AWT with the samsung 30q, and get just over 24000j with the 3000mah imren. With the lg he2 and the samsung 25r I only get around 20000j so that extra 300mah is somehow making a huge difference. For now in my opinion it is easily the king of batteries for regulated use and for my vape style better then the 25r and he2/he4 for mechs. I can't really give a true assessment for mech use that would be valid for most vapers since I dont vape below 0.5ohm. I am really curious what cell efest is using with this battery. It doesn't look like the new lg hg2 and its definitely not a samsung like the AWT is. Im wondering if it is a new battery from Tensai since that is what efest used in there purple 18350's and 18500's. They where b spec but tensai makes some killer performing batteries.

Last edited:

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Looks promising.

"Last week I tested the 2100mAh "38A" Efest 18650 battery, and it didn't live up to expectations.
This week I ran the rule over their new 2800mAh 35A 18650, and this is a totally different prospect."
attachment.php
How is this considered good the battery loses 1 volt just being fired that high

Time and time again im amused at people running high power unregulated thinking they are coming anywhere near the power they calculated.

If batteries cant maintain a respectable amount of V drop at high current then using them that way is a joke.

In a regulated box pulling ~25-30 ish amp the actual current draw to maintain 4+ volts is staggering

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    How is this considered good the battery loses 1 volt just being fired that high

Time and time again im amused at people running high power unregulated thinking they are coming anywhere near the power they calculated.

If batteries cant maintain a respectable amount of V drop at high current then using them that way is a joke.

In a regulated box pulling ~25-30 ish amp the actual current draw to maintain 4+ volts is staggering

Very, very important point! And one that I think is overlooked too often when selecting a cell.

mrcrunch08

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 1, 2013
    mount airy, NC
    If you compare the above chart you will see the graph is on par with the graph of a Sony vtc5 and better the 25r and he2/he4. All batteries have a significant voltage drop when fired at 30amps though almost no vapers will ever aproach that when the actual output voltage is being considered. In a regulated device the numbers don't lie. I get a huge improvement with these. I dont run my sx min at 60watts all day but even at 30watts I get over 27000joules which is over a day of solid vaping for me. In comparison the 3000mah 35a AWT only gets around 24000j and the samsungs and lgs never make it past the 20000j mark or through a full day. Use Google and look at the hkj graphs for any battery and you wont see any battery 2500mah or over without a massive voltage drop under 30amps. Its clear the details of the graph aren't being understood properly.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread