Status
Not open for further replies.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Same. I keep telling myself it's the last one I'm gonna buy for a while... Although, I may or may not have ordered a calix about 30 minutes ago [emoji32] Logic dictates that with a wae2 on the way I'm gonna HAVE to get a GEM to top it, right? [emoji16]

tell me about it. With all the waiting I have filled the gap with a Calix ordered yesterday with a spare glass tube and the metal tube! This is nuts!!

ps. I blame this squarely on the magnificent shoulders of Stan (Quorax). After watching his Calix review it was a no-brainer. Haha!!

Reactions: qorax

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
21mm Boxed...

2s93y80.jpg
man it looks nice on the Shark! I rhink it will look nice on anything to be honest!

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
tell me about it. With all the waiting I have filled the gap with a Calix ordered yesterday with a spare glass tube and the metal tube! This is nuts!!

Well done! In 22mm ~ Calix is my current favorite. Besides looking good that bloody thing wicks and vapes pretty well.

Reactions: dems86

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Well done! In 22mm ~ Calix is my current favorite. Besides looking good that bloody thing wicks and vapes pretty well.
It really looked excellent on your vid. I think I said I have been trying to resist it ever since I got the apollo which is the best rda I have ever used by a long way (and I have tried a few).

looks like it is on its way to london so I'll post something on the byleo thread or somewhere when I have given it a try out!

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Important Observation!

Over a period of time I've noticed that the GEM consumes quite less juice. Much less than many of my attys.

I usually vape a tank+ thru the day. About 4-5mls. And vaping typically a 1.1-1.3Ohms coil between 13-16W. A combo which gets me easily thru a lazy day with an 18650 battery inside (heck, I nearly get thru a day with an 18500 as well, in a mech!).

This one holds about 4ml (glass tank mode). And we fill it 90% right? Which means I'm filling about 3.5-3.7mls ~ and a tank full of GEM is splendidly taking me into [over] half of the next day! Ohms and Wattage remaining constant.

On the other end take my Kayfun4. That one's a juice guzzler. Gives me around half a day with a tank fill. So yes, it's a big complement for the GEM. Hell yeah!

VapeN'Roll

May 26, 2015
Important Observation!

Over a period of time I've noticed that the GEM consumes quite less juice. Much less than many of my attys.

I usually vape a tank+ thru the day. About 4-5mls. And vaping typically a 1.1-1.3Ohms coil between 13-16W. A combo which gets me easily thru a lazy day with an 18650 battery inside (heck, I nearly get thru a day with an 18500 as well, in a mech!).

This one holds about 4ml (glass tank mode). And we fill it 90% right? Which means I'm filling about 3.5-3.7mls ~ and a tank full of GEM is splendidly taking me into [over] half of the next day! Ohms and Wattage remaining constant.

On the other end take my Kayfun4. That one's a juice guzzler. Gives me around half a day with a tank fill. So yes, it's a big complement for the GEM. Hell yeah!

ehy bro... u perfectly know how to mantaine high motivated the folks ;)

Kerbz

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Wantagh
Important Observation!

GIVE US A DATE. TAKE MY MONEY!!;)

vakaion

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
Australia
Important Observation!

I'm trying to get my head around that... chamber/chimney design etc can markedly improve flavor with less juice consumption, but basic reasoning tells me a much smaller juice consumption rate should make for a drier tasting (not flavor, I mean moistness/wetness) vapor than an atomizer that consumes much more juice, correct?
(of course allowing for some inefficiency's in vaporization of juice in certain attys lessening this effect)

I bring that up as I've learned as I try more differing atomizers and builds that I prefer a juicy wet vape. lol

edit: this isn't just directed at Qorax either. If anyone else has relevant input feel free to speak up! :)

Last edited:

VapeN'Roll

May 26, 2015
I'm trying to get my head around that... chamber/chimney design etc can markedly improve flavor with less juice consumption, but basic reasoning tells me a much smaller juice consumption rate should make for a drier tasting (not flavor, I mean moistness/wetness) vapor than an atomizer that consumes much more juice, correct?
(this of course allowing for some inefficiency's in vaporization of juice)

I bring that up as I've learned as I try more differing atomizers and builds that I prefer a juicy wet vape. lol
Normally yes ... but looking the videos is exactly the opposite of dry vapor:rickroll:

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
(of course allowing for some inefficiency's in vaporization of juice in certain attys lessening this effect)

edit: this isn't just directed at Qorax either. If anyone else has relevant input feel free to speak up! :)

You're pretty right there Vak bro. However, I'd also like to add "efficient atomizing" in the mix as well. I feel the GEM optimizes it's firing capabilities. Heck, MarkBugs is known for their engineering feat right?

It is a moist, flavorful and wholesome vape!

vakaion

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
Australia
Normally yes ... but looking the videos is exactly the opposite of dry vapor:rickroll:

Perhaps. But personally, I've blown "larger looking" clouds on my Squape that just didn't taste as juicy as smaller clouds on another atomizer. lol
I'm pretty certain there is some correlation between clouds/density(juiciness)/taste/consumption, but I'm not so sure it's a direct one. :)

Reactions: VapeN'Roll

vakaion

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
Australia
You're pretty right there Vak bro. However, I'd also like to add "efficient atomizing" in the mix as well. I feel the GEM optimizes it's firing capabilities. Heck, MarkBugs is known for their engineering feat right?

Haha yeah, that's why I put that "inefficiency" bit after it. Mind you I probably edited my post twice while you were quoting it. I make many many grammar errors this late at night! :)
The GEM will definitely be interesting to try out and compare with my other attys. I'm especially curious to see how comfortable it is trying to fit a 5-6 wrap spaced 3mm 24 gauge coil in there. lol

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Haha yeah, that's why I put that "inefficiency" bit after it. Mind you I probably edited my post twice while you were quoting it. I make many many grammar errors this late at night! :)
The GEM will definitely be interesting to try out and compare with my other attys. I'm especially curious to see how comfortable it is trying to fit a 5-6 wrap spaced 3mm 24 gauge coil in there. lol

3mm you might just be able to fit in. It will be difficult - but plausible. Note that the wick channels are 2.5mm and the center circular indentation (for the coil) is just over 3mm.

Well, if you 'lift' the coil up ~ then no issues.

I don't've 24AWG with me, else I'd've tied. But 3mm (and 28AWG) I'll definitely try today!

Last edited:

Arthur

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2009
Houston, TX

I can see that, I just got some grand master from 5 pawns yesterday and in my subtank I have to lower the watts and close off the airflow to get the banana notes out of it... If I try to vape it the way I vape some of my fruity liquids (full open air, 6 volts and straight to lung hits) I just get muted monotone peanut butter. I'd say that's a definite correlation between not only atty efficiency but also vaping technique and flavor.

vakaion

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
Australia
3mm you might just be able to fit in. It will be difficult - but plausible. Note that the wick channels are 2.5mm and the center circular indentation (for the coil) is just over 3mm.

Well, if you 'lift' the coil up ~ then no issues.

I don't've 24AWG with me, else I'd've tied. But 3mm (and 2AWG) I'll definitely try today!

Thanks mate, I'll be curious to see the results! :)

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
I can see that, I just got some grand master from 5 pawns yesterday and in my subtank I have to lower the watts and close off the airflow to get the banana notes out of it... If I try to vape it the way I vape some of my fruity liquids (full open air, 6 volts and straight to lung hits) I just get muted monotone peanut butter. I'd say that's a definite correlation between not only atty efficiency but also vaping technique and flavor.

Well said!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread