INTRODUCTORY POST

The folks who brought us...
idsv49.jpg

Now bring the...
b4u4o0.jpg

Hybridise your WAE-II...

16bivs5.jpg

2ahup39.jpg

Or use other mods thru a 510 Adapter (included)
happy-093.gif

2gv8ty1.jpg

28iqa7l.jpg

The Full set

qsa0lj.jpg

Setting up the GEM!

1rt2r7.jpg

156bkwh.jpg

23mk1mr.jpg

210izdl.jpg

How do I look?
others-168.gif

52g8t2.jpg

2ns0x82.jpg

More info and details Coming Soon!

Last edited:

raitizz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Riga, Latvia
Sooo... Took 0.32mm wire, made a coil, and cranked down the screws so hard I was afraid to strip the threads or break it off, BUT - it works. No shorts. What is this sorcery...
Next - stuffed a lot of rayon in, I mean a looot, channels full and everything. Left around 0.5mm on each end. Primed a bit, shoved the base in the chimney, filled the tank with a syringe. Turned the tank upside down and opened the AFC before closing the lid completely - so far no leaks, vapes good. Used a juice I love and have vaped in different tanks - flavour is good, but I've overvaped it, so can't tell now, if it's better. It probably is:) Work in progress.
Thank you, gentlemen.

RNGX0ji.jpg

R

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
I have shot them a mail. For (1)adding a spares baggy into the packages from now on - and (2)send the existing purchasers a baggy by post. Let's see what comes out of it.
Hey folks, Bugs came back to me on the subject day before yesterday.

It's seems it'd be near impossible for them to ship over 700 small packages to the erstwhile GEM owners. Instead he asked me if I could collect the requirements from you all and receive one package from them, for the total quantity. Thereafter ship it further down to all of you from my end.

I'm Ok with that ~ but have to resort to sending you by letter mail. Is that fine with you folks?

raitizz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Riga, Latvia
Ok, so I received the spare glass tanks from IBTanked. I broke one of mine and wanted to get some replacements.
There have been reports, that the originals sometimes are of poor quality and don't fit, so custom made would be a good idea.
Ordered: 20.0x1.20x25.52mm with the note "for Mark Bugs GEM" (measurements taken from a post on this thread). The original L=25.40mm.
The IBTanks came very well wrapped and in small plastic canisters with caps. They came super clean, with no fingerprints etc. L=25.60mm.
They are perfectly machined and fit accordingly.
They feel a bit tighter on the o-rings, but thats not bad.
The glass tubes are Borosilicate (many know as Pyrex) and are precision ground to close tolerance. Made in USA.

thumb_show.php

thumb_show.php

IBTanked - Get Tanked With Us!
Note: long processing times

R

Last edited:

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Update Time ;)
24ginp5.jpg

A. Price: 155 Euros +/- (for the SS version)
B. First batch = SS; Second Batch = Ti
C. ETA: Third Quarter of May-2015
D. Package contains:
1) SS and Glass Tanks
2) Two Decks (Different types)
3) WE/WAE Hybrid Connector and 510 Adapter
4) Spares baggy
5) Drip-tip included (same as in the pic above)​

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Rock It any which way you want :) Series Part-1

nn8mtk.jpg

34talig.jpg

Hybridize to WE/WAE, or 510ed to 21mm or 22mm mods...
Pyrex not your thing? ~Go all Metal then...
Silver plated contacts...
Glass blasted, with polished accents...
Matching Drip-tip...
AFC...
Top filling...

More in the next ;)

Yozhik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2015
Chicago, IL
Huge congrats. Now you can tell us ...... Is it worth it?[emoji3]

I've been very impressed with it so far. I've got a .055 ohm Ni200 28 gauge 2.5mm coil in it (talk about ultra-low ohm) and it's banging out great flavor after two tanks. Unlike say an Aspire Nautilus, which has initial good flavor but then fades, I've not felt any diminishment yet in performance. Considering that an Aspire Nautilus and one pack of replacement coils per month would cost ya $160 in a year, I'd say it's worth it.

Also, unlike any other tank I've used, it's very easy to remove the build deck without compromising containment of the e-liquid (which is great if you've need to rebuild or remedy an issue). However, the ceramic tweezers are what make it easy, so again I recommend picking up a pair cheap if you don't have them. They also help with aligning the build deck with the pin too, which I forgot to mention.

This might seem like a strange thing, but this is also the only stainless steel drip tip I like. Usually those are the first thing I replace on a tank, but so far this one doesn't bother me.

Some other things that I like - the refill ports work great (though you need a syringe), the machining is amazing, the center pin for the 510 swaps out the other pin (which avoids connection problems for TC), air flow controller is smooth, wicking is a breeze, the pins are exactly where you want them to avoid hot legs on a ni200 coil, looks slick as heck, and did I mention great flavor?

So what quibbles do I have, besides not owning two of them? ;)

One thing is that when you unscrew the tank, the multilayered base may occasionally separate at the airflow adjustment ring. At most it's slightly annoying. The Stainless tank looks great, but I have no idea when to stop filling it because I can't see the e-liquid. For that I'd probably have to rely on the syringe's mL markings to know when to stop. Fyi, you can't fill it to the brim - I don't consider this an issue, it's just the way these tanks work. They need some air in them to create a vacuum effect, otherwise you'll get leaks. Also, I had to go down from 3mm to 2.5mm to fit a ni200 coil. I don't know if the build deck is electrically insulated, so a 3mm spaced coil just looked too tight for my comfort.

So if you like rebuilding and love great flavor, I'd say this tank is top notch. On other other hand, if you're looking to sub-ohm with mega airflow, that's not what this tank is designed for. For me, the GEM RTA is perfect for my mouth-to-lung vaping. On the downside, it now makes me much more aware of everything I dislike about the tanks I use for lung vaping and also makes all your non-custom mods look like crap in comparison.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Update Time :)

---Quote----------------------------------------

Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:37 am, By Qorax: Hey brother, any update hints?

Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:55 pm, By Bugs: Stan, yes. Next week will send packages to our resellers. And in 1-2 days after receiving it we will know the exact day. My estimation, if everything go well with the US customs, Sale will be on week 6/07 - 12/07/2015. Wish us luck brother.
---Unquote--------------------------------------
:)
:p
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread