Vapor Flask V3 DNA40 Clone thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Almighty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2009
Canada ( Montreal )
Yeah that does look good. I went for a vinyl print wrap. I'd include a photo, but I can't figure out this new forum software lol.
i like this one, waiting on their answer wether they can make custom texts without having to send them a photoshopped pic.. would be slick
S415-2.jpg

to add a photo you press the img button right next to the smiley botton is the text area, then enter url

Reactions: Quantum Mech

Joseph Swint

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2014
Canton, Ohio

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
Mine doesn't show low battery either. vape just gets weaker and weaker until it shows "Elove dna 50w" and then asks if it's the same or new coil every time the fire button is pressed. I took the batteries out and placed on the charger, they were at 3.1v

Thanks. Which batteries were those?

Joseph Swint

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2014
Canton, Ohio
Thanks. Which batteries were those?

A pair of lg he2 2500mah batteries. I purposely ran them down to see I would get the low battery message. I normally change them when I see the flask throttling back the watts more than normal. At that point, they're usually showing 3.3-3.4 on the charger.

Reactions: TheBloke

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
This post is not about much. I built a 4 mm, 0.1 ohm ni200 coil and put it in a dripper. I then put it on an Evolv DNA 40 mod and fired it at 40 watts, it seemed like it could handle quite a bit more power so I put it on my SXK flask and set it to 50 watts and it did poorly, dropped into the 20's then up to around 38 watts. Waidea did well, Evolv sits right on 40 watts. I'm probably at the amp limit and this problem is affected by the SXK's low ohms bug but the Evolv board seems to work so much better.
But I really just wanted to say that the coil works real good, it's 26 gauge with crimp eyelets for legs.
So this time I used 28 gauge Ni200 and 26 gauge Ni200 crimped to the coil for legs. This one works fantastic even at 40 watts. I placed it on my SXK 60 flask and while a bit on the warm side the flask this time had no trouble delivering 60 watts. The coil is 0.14 ohms and the SXK reads it as 0.09 ohms. The crimps are super tiny sterling silver tubes, hard to see in the picture but they are there.
11221355_1031337510223806_3833299179466225768_n.jpg

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
Got the Vaporshark rDNA and Vaporflask clones I ordered direct from SXK, turned up just now.

The fit and finish on the rDNA is excellent, and all functions seem to be good with the little testing done so far.

The outer finish on the Vaporflask is good. There are issues:

1. The threads inside the bottom of battery tubes are completely gunked up with anodizing.
2. After 2 minutes use, the mod went dead. I had to remove the batteries and re-insert them to get it working again. I suspect the anodized threads may be the culprit.
3. The battery icon does not move while charging
4. There is burr on the inside of the tube under the 510 that has already damaged the wrap on my battery.
4. I put on my ST Mini, and as I tightened it down it auto-fired. Swapped out for an RDA, fine. Put the tank back on, auto-fired. Puled and reinserted the batteries, tank back on and so far no auto-fire.

Going back through some of the previous posts I see there is a fix for the autofire issue.

Does anyone have any tips for cleaning out the anodizing gunk? The idea of dragging a screwdriver through the threads is giving me the *****.

Last edited:

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Got the Vaporshark rDNA and Vaporflask clones I ordered direct from SXK, turned up just now.

The fit and finish on the rDNA is excellent, and all functions seem to be good with the little testing done so far.

1. The threads inside the bottom of battery tubes are completely gunked up with anodizing.
2. After 2 minutes use, the mod went dead. I had to remove the batteries and re-insert them to get it working again. I suspect the anodized threads may be the culprit.
4. There is burr on the inside of the tube under the 510 that has already damaged the wrap on my battery.
4. I put on my ST Mini, and as I tightened it down it auto-fired. Swapped out for an RDA, fine. Put the tank back on, auto-fired. Puled and reinserted the batteries, tank back on and so far no auto-fire.

Going back through some of the previous posts I see there is a fix for the autofire issue.

Does anyone have any tips for cleaning out the anodizing gunk? The idea of dragging a screwdriver through the threads is giving me the *****.
Croak has said foaming oven cleaner will strip anodizing right off but be careful not to get any on exterior. Dwcraig suggested 3/4" copper pipe cleaning brush from HD or HF.

4-in-1 Plumber's Brush

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012

See post Vapor Flask V3 DNA40 Clone thread | Page 239 | E-Cigarette Forum for #4

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Exposed spring covered with electrical tape, small wire brush on the way from fleabay. Thanks for the help guys :)
Try to put the end of the spring back underneath the plastic first then try to add something to block it from comng out again, perhaps a rolled up piece of tape or something.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Just an idea, haven't tried it... What about those small brass brushes, bigger than a toothbrush but not by much and that general shape, made for cleaning grills and other outdoor cooking things?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2
il_fullxfull.184653215.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread