Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
What about pure silver wire? :)

Regards
Tony

Sent from my keyboard through my phone or something like that.

Pure silver would definitely be better. Sterling silver may be easier to come by. I have never looked up the resistance of either types but I know that Tektronics (the O-Scope people) used silver solder in critical circuits.

Ariel_MX

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2010
Guadalajara, México
How do you know the internal resistance of your atty.

Short the coil terminals with a piece of copper wire and then use a really good milli-ohm meter or screw it into your Mod and see what is says the resistance is.

What about pure silver wire? :)

Regards
Tony

Sent from my keyboard through my phone or something like that.

Pure silver would definitely be better. Sterling silver may be easier to come by. I have never looked up the resistance of either types but I know that Tektronics (the O-Scope people) used silver solder in critical circuits.

I used 4 strands of sterling silver wire, I think it is 30AWG.

mr.fabe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2014
Southern Cal
For those of you that waited for the Yihi SX Mini Silicon Sleeve... New picture posted on website

10fovp5.jpg

What's New - M Class Perfect Partner Care your device-Silicon Sleeve

File this under... who really cares? :lol:

There are some differences with the silicon case I own and have seen. Notice the buttons are not covered...

I was looking for the new firmware. Not there yet :nah:

Last edited:

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    USPS just dropped off mine with a tank and Ni coils... the batteries I ordered with it are on the charger however I had an extra one charged up and ready to go so dove right in!

First impressions: this thing is solidly built, compact and heavier than my Vmax, it fits in the hand well and has awesome looking built quality. I'm guessing that they don't really want you to be replacing the battery a bunch as the screw in plug ought to have a fold out handle on it and forgo using a coin. I'm even more unsure on the UI - I actually had to get out the manual to navigate around - are you kidding me?

I have up/down buttons but rather than adjusting temp or joules by default it ether changes between the 4 startup settings or the memories - unreal.

With joules+temp+calibrated resistance and a tank full of juice - yup - the temperature feature seems to work. While I'm not used to the airflow of a Kanger subtank mini, I was able to dial in a temp, dial up a joule setting to hold that temp and create lots of cloud and flavor.

I might actually use the USB charge cord.

gilegue

May 2, 2015
    USPS just dropped off mine with a tank and Ni coils... the batteries I ordered with it are on the charger however I had an extra one charged up and ready to go so dove right in!

First impressions: this thing is solidly built, compact and heavier than my Vmax, it fits in the hand well and has awesome looking built quality. I'm guessing that they don't really want you to be replacing the battery a bunch as the screw in plug ought to have a fold out handle on it and forgo using a coin. I'm even more unsure on the UI - I actually had to get out the manual to navigate around - are you kidding me?

I have up/down buttons but rather than adjusting temp or joules by default it ether changes between the 4 startup settings or the memories - unreal.

With joules+temp+calibrated resistance and a tank full of juice - yup - the temperature feature seems to work. While I'm not used to the airflow of a Kanger subtank mini, I was able to dial in a temp, dial up a joule setting to hold that temp and create lots of cloud and flavor.

I might actually use the USB charge cord.
    Bad idea to charge it directly, because the mini USB port is excluded from the warranty

Vlad1

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2014
    Earth

Adjust Watts or Joules with the buttons as follows:
    Hit up button
    Hit down button to Adj
    Hit up or down button to your preferred output

Bad idea to charge it directly, because the mini USB port is excluded from the warranty

That's not correct. The USB has a 3 month warranty whereas the device has a 1 yr.

gilegue

May 2, 2015
    Adjust Watts or Joules with the buttons as follows:
    Hit up button
    Hit down button to Adj
    Hit up or down button to your preferred output

That's not correct. The USB has a 3 month warranty whereas the device has a 1 yr.
    Errr... Thanks for the information, I always believe that the USB port is not under warranty. My point is, if you use that port regularly, it will increase the risk that you cannot upgrade your Mod anymore CMIIW

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread