Status
Not open for further replies.

Ou2mame

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2015
Long island
I drop my stuff all the time. Quality stuff doesn't break. My friend dropped her istick 30 and. If broke. So I dunno what that says, she could have has bad luck. It's a pretty simple design though not a whole lot to break. I'm more worried about the 510 threads and my Pyrex glass more than the mod.

Reactions: JDHW

nitewalkr

ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2015
Sauga
You should really look in to re-buildables RTAs, the reason being they last you for a good time. I would suggest Lemo tanks and billow tanks for starters to understand how everything works. Then you will know what exactly to buy.

I have no idea what I may have edited. I was trying to say its not like a smokers routine, its more like directly mouth to lung routine.

Last edited:

Ou2mame

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2015
Long island
Wow there's a lot of typos on in my last post. I hate cellphones lol

Anyways, primer puffs heat the coil. So if you want a hotter vape, raise the wattage and you won't have to as much cause more power will heat the coil faster. It's a balance of power. Too much will dry hit. A little less will be very warm vapor, and the coil might not be able to keep up wicking, and may dry hit when you chain vape. A little less than that is where the sweet spot is between a cool vape and dry hit.

JDHW

Moved On
Jun 3, 2015
Wow there's a lot of typos on in my last post. I hate cellphones lol

Anyways, primer puffs heat the coil. So if you want a hotter vape, raise the wattage and you won't have to as much cause more power will heat the coil faster. It's a balance of power. Too much will dry hit. A little less will be very warm vapor, and the coil might not be able to keep up wicking, and may dry hit when you chain vape. A little less than that is where the sweet spot is between a cool vape and dry hit.

Good idea.. I don't mind primer puffs though as long as it's okay in the long run. Your last post had me positive but then you mention the eleaf istick of your friends broke from one drop :(

Hopefully I'll be luckier. Thanks.

JDHW

Moved On
Jun 3, 2015
If I was living alone I would go straight back into cigarettes, I've never had luck with e cigs it's always these electronic devices always f up on me
I'm sorry but whose idea was it to sell a product that's so dreaming hard to unscrew? I've used fling pliers what else am I meant to do.

It's not even the price of it it's the fact I bought this with knowledge it would Be loyal to me now I've got to buy another tank and wait 5 or 6 days for it to arrive.

My advice is to avoid nautilus mini like the plague. 1/5

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
If I was living alone I would go straight back into cigarettes, I've never had luck with e cigs it's always these electronic devices always f up on me
I'm sorry but whose idea was it to sell a product that's so dreaming hard to unscrew? I've used fling pliers what else am I meant to do.

It's not even the price of it it's the fact I bought this with knowledge it would Be loyal to me now I've got to buy another tank and wait 5 or 6 days for it to arrive.

My advice is to avoid nautilus mini like the plague. 1/5

I am wondering; there must be something we can do? At the moment, you simply can't get the base to unscrew. (Yes?). I've tried unscrewing the top but that doesn't seem to want to work, as it's attached to the 'innards'. What about pliers on BOTH ends at the same time...take care with the glass mind you. What about dropping/soaking in warm-hot water. There must be a way to free up the darn thing.

b0n3h34d

Jul 2, 2015
bergen county nj
^ that

Pliers on both ends - clamp with the top, twist the base, make sure to stay off the glass. It's partly the nautilus' fault, but it's also partly yours for twisting it on so hard, as that's the only reason that happens. That was my first ever tank, and luckily, the guy at the vape shop knew of the issue and sternly told me to not over tighten it or I'd need pliers.

it's a well-manufactured tank, it'll seal itself up well on its own

good luck

Reactions: Panorama911

Panorama911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Kansas
When new, the mini base silicone is fresh and will be tight, but even if you just tighten it down snug it will seal so there is no need to torque it down to where you run out of threading. Here is how do it...I use a hand towel and grab the base on the knurling and hold the top knurling and a portion of the glass in the other hand...viola, done.

In regards to the coil, I use needle nose pliers and place the small end just above the liquid ports and lightly squeeze then turn the coil tight. I hold it just tight enough to allow it to slip, preventing squishing it, it will scrape but not turn it into an oval.

If the coil remains in the tank chimney I use the same pliers and grab the flat spot just above the center pin, turn and remove by hand.

It is a great tank but does take some finesse to make it work, you cannot go at it like a lumberjack or an automotive dismantle r!:lol:

JDHW

Moved On
Jun 3, 2015
It's entirely the nautilus fault or should I say the manufacturers they've built A product with a massive failure in it. Seriously, did they think it was okay to release it with that fault? I've tried a few things but I'll have to go without again for at least 5 to 6 days before a new one will arrive if I order soon.

Great idea lets make it so thanks you over tighten it ie use all the threads available then it locks on you! Great idea lets do it and the only way to open it again is to squeeze the metal together and ruin the tank. Insane.

Panorama911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Kansas
It's entirely the nautilus fault or should I say the manufacturers they've built A product with a massive failure in it. Seriously, did they think it was okay to release it with that fault? I've tried a few things but I'll have to go without again for at least 5 to 6 days before a new one will arrive if I order soon.

Great idea lets make it so thanks you over tighten it ie use all the threads available then it locks on you! Great idea lets do it and the only way to open it again is to squeeze the metal together and ruin the tank. Insane
Well if it does not suit you why complain, just move on to another device. If you are angry over the loss of money you paid, I get that but consider this....you will spend even more and not be happy....we all have taken some losses. I can say that there are dozens and dozens of Nautilus users that will swear by the device, including me so it cannot be as bad as you have experienced.

You have to ask, why are so many very happy with it yet you are not, is it the design or the user?...Best of luck for you!:thumb:

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
I have two Nautilus Minis. One is smooth as butter in screwing and unscrewing from the tank. The other one is extremely tight and it feels like I'm going to break it every time I unscrew it. For the life of me, I cannot figure out why. I've replaced the coil....still tight. Replaced the tank/chimney section with the metal and glass and it's still tight. And when I do unscrew the bottom hardware from it, half the time it leaves the coil screwed in the chimney.

Panorama911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Kansas
I have two Nautilus Minis. One is smooth as butter in screwing and unscrewing from the tank. The other one is extremely tight and it feels like I'm going to break it every time I unscrew it. For the life of me, I cannot figure out why. I've replaced the coil....still tight. Replaced the tank/chimney section with the metal and glass and it's still tight. And when I do unscrew the bottom hardware from it, half the time it leaves the coil screwed in the chimney.
Yep..This is why manufacturing and production are not exact sciences....there are duds that pass QC....if QC even exists!:lol:

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Yep..This is why manufacturing and production are not exact sciences....there are duds that pass QC....if QC even exists!:lol:
The same Mini that is super tight, when I purchased it and took it out of the box, the bottom was screwed on so tight that when I unscrewed it I cracked the glass tank. That's why I had to get the glass and metal replacement tank.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
My starter kit was the Aspire Premium Kit and I've since purchased another Nautilus Mini and I have an iStick 30w on the way so that will probably be my setup for a few weeks. My next purchase will probably be a Subtank Nano.
I would suggest the Subtank Mini over the Subtank Nano, for a couple of reasons. First, it holds more juice. Second, the Mini allows you to also use the RBA head so you can build your own coils. You may not be interested now, but you may be interested in the future.

pappcam

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2015
Canada
I would suggest the Subtank Mini over the Subtank Nano, for a couple of reasons. First, it holds more juice. Second, the Mini allows you to also use the RBA head so you can build your own coils. You may not be interested now, but you may be interested in the future.
I thought about that but I like the size of the Nautilus Mini and I think a Subtank Mini on the iStick might look a little top heavy and unbalanced. I also like to try new juice quite often so a smaller tank actually works to my advantage. I'd just like to get into the sub ohm game and I really don't have any interest or time in rebuilding coils at this time. Besides, if and when I do it'll give me a good reason to buy some new hardware. :)

Last edited:

JDHW

Moved On
Jun 3, 2015
Well if it does not suit you why complain, just move on to another device. If you are angry over the loss of money you paid, I get that but consider this....you will spend even more and not be happy....we all have taken some losses. I can say that there are dozens and dozens of Nautilus users that will swear by the device, including me so it cannot be as bad as you have experienced.

You have to ask, why are so many very happy with it yet you are not, is it the design or the user?...Best of luck for you!:thumb:

I'm not bothered by the money it's just now I've got to go perhaps a week cold turkey before I get a tank delivered, it's just annoying that because I tightened something as I normally would it actually locks it in and actually to tighten it you have to go under the normal idea of tightening which makes no sense. one little twist more and boom you've locked it and your stuck.

I guess they've got ways of unscrewing it once it's locked. I love tried but absolutely nothing is working. I've got to send it back to the company which takes time and then they'll probably use some machine that'll unlock it in seconds and that'll take ages so I'll buy another model and again that'll take ages to come in the post. It's just a shame, it's like buying a TV but you aren't allowed to put the plug in all the way otherwise it turns off and you need 20 men to turn it back on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread