Status
Not open for further replies.

vkiwi

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2013
nz
www.vrwoodmods.co.nz
Vkiwi, Same here with the buffalo endcaps [emoji4]I'm planning on having mine done in the Red Beech Burr with sintered copper inlays. So whichever color that you think would look nice, I'm good with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk with my paws :)

Mommabird62
Sweet as, I have the perfect blank for that. Remember the buffalo horn is still an unknown quantity though.

mommabird62

squonkhead
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
NC
Sweet as, I have the perfect blank for that. Remember the buffalo horn is still an unknown quantity though.

I will trust your judgement on the buffalo horn. If it's not up to your standards, I can go another route with the endcaps. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk with my paws :)

Mommabird62

Pharein

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2011
New Zealand
My parallel squonker is underway and I'm very excited. I love the shape and form of these and I anticipate them to be as comfortable and compact as your normal parallel box mods.

And with all the nice options Vaughn is introducing I think I might be back on the list very soon.

pbxbelmar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 11, 2014
Buried in books
I've been lurking various 'squonker' threads for months now and have yet to bite the bullet. Mostly because I've never attempted rebuilding and wouldn't know what atty to use! Nevertheless, of all the nifty squonker mods I've seen these are the loveliest.

Subscribed to the thread just to watch the artwork unfolding...:cool:

vkiwi

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2013
nz
www.vrwoodmods.co.nz
What a day! 12.30 am and just applied the last coat of laquer for the day on a stunning matai and burr tripp and battery cassette built, and coated an outstanding silver beech v2 single. Copper fill has just been applied to a red beech burr parallel, and the oak single is blasted ready for ebonizing and copper fill...Trying to get 5 mods ready to post on Thursday. Fingers crossed...

vkiwi

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2013
nz
www.vrwoodmods.co.nz
Heres a few pics of those 5...
big 5 001.JPG

Parallel ready for 2nd copper fill, and tripp ready for rubbing back the lacquer for coats 4,5,and 6 to be applied. Mk2 adjustable battery cassette works a treat.
big 5 005.JPG

Oak mod after blasting and 1st ebonizing.
big 5 2 001.JPG

Silver beech burr to be rubbed back and more coats applied, and fiddleback red beech good to go...
big 5 2 002.JPG

The pics really don't do the burr mod justice, this one is gorgeous!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread