ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
Hmm but it looks a little weird with my mutation x

8a918aaa78a1e0963d5c01ee19381547.jpg

Regards
Tony

Sent from my keyboard through my phone or something like that.
Thanks for that. I'm still laughing!

Duane

Reactions: tchavei

JimScotty0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Garden Grove, CA, USA
www.facebook.com
If anyone cares, joules are also used to measure heat. Adding more heat typically (but not always) results in raising the temperature of the substance to which it was added. My personal understanding of the Chinglish on Yihi's explanation is that they intended the joules to be a measure of the heat applied to the coil, hence their reference to calories/caloric conversion.

I don't have the inclination to calculate whether they got it right, as it's been quite some time since I've done any thermodynamics (it's not a lot of fun, not nearly as intuitive as basic electrical theory...).

All that being said, it doesn't particularly matter to me. Had my M-class for 2-3 weeks now and I absolutely love it; it's by far the best mod I've ever owned and I think Yihi did a great job in terms of balancing usability and consistency with vape customization. If anyone reading this is on the fence about getting one, I'd say do it now. You won't regret it.
Haha, you got me, I did indeed laugh out loud when I read your post. Not sure if it was the joke itself or the comment afterwards :)

I guess I'll keep experimenting; like I said, I've only been playing with TP for about a week. The gunk is definitely easy to clean off (light wipe with some leftover cotton leaves the coil looking shiny and new), I just noticed the flavor starts tasting muted and gunky a little faster than VW. Granted, I suppose I could just be vaping more now since I have a whole new style to get used to :w00t:
Vapo, you are not totally alone. I feel that TC whether it be NI200 or Ti in my experience has produced some of the nastiest, gunkiest, coils for me. Maybe it is due to the lower temperatures not burning it all off or maybe due to the spacing of my windings, but I do get gunk so I re-wick every few days or up to a week. I do notice that it is easier to clean it off with Ti than with NI200. With NI200 I did pulse fire it and get some of it off, but with Ti I just wash and scrape, and wash and scrape again.

JimScotty0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Garden Grove, CA, USA
www.facebook.com
Hmm but it looks a little weird with my mutation x

8a918aaa78a1e0963d5c01ee19381547.jpg

Regards
Tony

I bet that is a Titanium build he has in there. How many wraps to keep that thing from meltdown? About 60 on each coil? :shock:

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
I bet that is a Titanium build he has in there. How many wraps to keep that thing from meltdown? About 60 on each coil? :shock:
It actually refuses to fire (yes, I pressed the fire button while sucking on it lol)

It's a dual 0.4mm Ti (99.89%) build, 9 spaced wraps on a 3mm mandrel: 0.21 Ohms

Regards
Tony

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
Tony, What has gotten into all of us today.

Your picture is so ridiculous I can't stop laughing. [emoji38]
At least I found a matching drip tip... Imagine a wide bore on top of it :D

Regards
Tony

vapo jam

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2013
county of orange, ca
Vapo, you are not totally alone. I feel that TC whether it be NI200 or Ti in my experience has produced some of the nastiest, gunkiest, coils for me. Maybe it is due to the lower temperatures not burning it all off or maybe due to the spacing of my windings, but I do get gunk so I re-wick every few days or up to a week. I do notice that it is easier to clean it off with Ti than with NI200. With NI200 I did pulse fire it and get some of it off, but with Ti I just wash and scrape, and wash and scrape again.

It does make me feel better knowing I'm not the only one. I was thinking the same thing as far as the lower temperatures, as the gunk I'm getting is more dark and syrupy as opposed to the crusty gunk I get on a kanthal build. I have noticed that (when wicking properly) my coil never reads any higher than around 365°F, so maybe it's leaving behind lightly-toasted VG? I usually use 50/50 blends.

I've definitely noticed, though, that on a fresh TP wick and coil, the flavor is absolutely incredible.

Reactions: JimScotty0

Ardy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2010
The Cascades
It actually refuses to fire (yes, I pressed the fire button while sucking on it lol)

It's a dual 0.4mm Ti (99.89%) build, 9 spaced wraps on a 3mm mandrel: 0.21 Ohms

Regards
Tony

Better be careful trying to fire that thing. Wouldn't want to blow up your Joules:|

JimScotty0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Garden Grove, CA, USA
www.facebook.com
It does make me feel better knowing I'm not the only one. I was thinking the same thing as far as the lower temperatures, as the gunk I'm getting is more dark and syrupy as opposed to the crusty gunk I get on a kanthal build. I have noticed that (when wicking properly) my coil never reads any higher than around 365°F, so maybe it's leaving behind lightly-toasted VG? I usually use 50/50 blends.

I've definitely noticed, though, that on a fresh TP wick and coil, the flavor is absolutely incredible.
Yup, it is syrupy. I usually do a creamy type 25pg/75vg blend with KGD Japanese cotton. But my Ti temps are in the high 400F's or low 500F's. Maybe it is time to try some of the rayon that folks like George seem to swear by and see if that makes a difference? :wub:

Reactions: vapo jam

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
Yup, it is syrupy. I usually do a creamy type 25pg/75vg blend with KGD Japanese cotton. But my Ti temps are in the high 400F's or low 500F's. Maybe it is time to try some of the rayon that folks like George seem to swear by and see if that makes a difference? :wub:

You will love the Rayon and if you buy a whole box of it you will never ever have to buy again. That said if you are feeling lazy you can just run the wick under hot tap water and it will come clean as snow. Leave it sit over night and your good to go. You can puff it dry but you will be surprised at how much water Rayon can hold.

vapo jam

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2013
county of orange, ca

It's probably worth a try. Could be my lack of experience, but I've definitely noticed the wicking material makes a huge difference in temp. Haven't tried rayon, KGD and cotton bacon both seem to work really well, though. I still have a ton of extra cotton balls and I'm running out of KGD, so I tried one out and it doesn't seem like it can keep up. Usually got 2-3 seconds out of it before the temp protection kicked in, so I re-wicked it after a couple hours.

Hitcat44

mere Pawn in Game of Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
It's very apparent from your remark that you don't understand Joule heating. Ignorance is bliss I guess.

Well my fellow "Joules Fools",,,, We may not have proven any viable Input Calculation Theorem here today but we did indeed share in a remarkable Oddity of the Human Experience without any shadow of a doubt.
IF the Axiom presented above by Yozhik is assumed true,
Then it logically follows that today we were quite obviously visited and regaled by one of the Happiest & most Euphoric Individuals on the face of this glorious Earth :thumb:
THAT, is "Special".

Back on Topic;
Ti Profile set to 22.5J & 444* F still purring along swimmingly.
I Vape corrected and humbly admit my previous misgivings and false Cynicism.

Plan to turn'er up to 25 fraudulent Units of Vape Fallacy in a bit to see what shakes out.

*tried it at 25 on the 444*,,, No Es Bueno... Went all Rice Krispies on me. Back to 20 for a bit.
Next tweak-crank up the Temp a Tad.
Oh MY!
Awww Hail Yes!
Thar She Blows Gents: 20 Frauds and 465*. Tasty, plentiful Vapor, Warm, Steady (+/- 5*).
Eureka. That's the Ticket.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread