Joyetech Evic VT 60 Watt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikea Tiber

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2015
I just bought a magma rda clone. Its 510 connector is a little shorter than standard. It won't make a connection to my VT, which confirms my earlier suspicions about the VT's positive pin (at least mine).
Oh well. It works on my other mods. When I get ambitious I'll get out my soldering iron and silver solder and fix the slightly loose positive post and put a bead on the positive pin to see if I can add the clearance to make it work. I like the design of this atty a lot, really want to try it out in TC.

jstrong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
Virginia
The Ni200 coils for the UWell Crown are the bomb.com :thumbs: I gave up on the Subtank Mini and coils for the same reason a lot of other people have had plus my Crown tank is top fill and has hug airflow and the stainless coils have lasted me for 4 weeks thus far. By far best $30 tank I have bought

Reactions: AlaskaVaper

coilburner

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2015
After having had my evic for a couple weeks I have noticed that the toggle switch on top has become notchy. I wonder how long before I get real, consistent problems with it. Like when It intermittently doesn't even move or I have to coax it to turn. This thing has been great and it appears all other problems I have had with it where either a fluke or self inflicted.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
You just need to clean the switch. Juice gets under the switch assymbly and makes it notchy. The juice attracts dust and dirt also.

The switch will lift a little bit and you can get a paper towel around it to clean it up.

I do it to mine weekly, even sometimes rinsing it lightly with water.

Last edited:

coilburner

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2015
You just need to clean the switch. Juice gets under the switch assymbly and makes it notchy. The juice attracts dust and dirt also.

The switch will lift a little bit and you can get a paper towel around it to clean it up.

I do it to mine weekly, even sometimes rinsing it lightly with water.
I would be concerned that lifting up on the switch will pull on connections, especially doing this over and over.
BTW I can only lift it up like half a millimeter, I cant get anything under there.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
I would be concerned that lifting up on the switch will pull on connections, especially doing this over and over.
BTW I can only lift it up like half a millimeter, I cant get anything under there.

It's fine.

Yes you can.

Your telling me you can't even get a sheet of paper under the very edge of the switch cap. It's not even a half mm under the switch that you have to clean.

Rinse it lightly with water. It's fine

Last edited:

coilburner

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2015
It's fine.

Yes you can.

Your telling me you can't even get a sheet of paper under the very edge of the switch cap. It's not even a half mm under the switch that you have to clean.

Rinse it lightly with water. It's fine
no I cant, not even a sheet of paper.
Your telling me to run a regulated mod under water?

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
It's literally a half mm or less that you will get a paper towel around under the edge of the switch. If you push it into the crack and go around it, it should be black with residue.

There's a small ledge around under the switch that keeps juice from running in, it dams it up so it runs by.

Lol
Not the whole thing.. Ive carefully rinsed a trickle of water over the seam where the switch meets the top... If you can't do it without dunking it, don't. It's mostly a sealed unit, just avoid the USB, button, and vent ports.

If you run the trickle of water the right way there's only one way it goes - down. Water doesn't run up or backwards without high velocity.. Call me crazy but I've lightly washed many regulated mods with water, but I know what I'm doing and they all still work fine.

If you can't get a sheet of paper In there, then a trickle of water is probably your best option imo.

Even if its just for one second, or a few drips. hold the mod at a 90° angle to the water.

I'm guessing your just afraid to get the switch up... Or you could have some tight fit switch compared to others... Mines fairly loose when pulled up on.

It's a very small area that the juice gets into under the switch.

Last edited:

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
so in PBusardo’s latest video,
Phil shows the NEW version of the firmware for the evic VT

v 1.19
•removes the 30w spike pulse
•limits to 20w (if device jumps out of TempControl)

he also mentions Joyetech wants to remove the
20-clk feature that shows the version of the unit...
(said it wasn’t supposed to be there)

said he will review (with scope) soon… (v 1.19)

evic VT version 1.19.png

:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread