Status
Not open for further replies.

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
is it just me or do my eyes play tricks on me? The display color always shifts between a light greenish/reddish hue depending how I look at it.

not sure which device you are talking about since we've been going off-topic a bit, but on my old VT it often shifted a bit from blue to purple-ish depending on how the light hit it, I think that's normal and probably has something to do with how our eyes or brains interpretate the light-fall.

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
My Evic VTwo's still haven't shipped, since VAPENW was out of stock of the black ones; they said in a ticket response that they should receive shipment this week, so I should hopefully have them next week.

I was wondering what took you so long to post some pics! ;)

I'll wait impatiently with you then :)

Reactions: jefsview

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
I was wondering what took you so long to post some pics! ;)

I'll wait impatiently with you then :)

he-he. Yes, VapeNW has plenty of Burgundy and Yellow in stock, but were bluffing on the black (or only had 1 left, and I ended up ordering 2). Of course, if I had waited a few days, they wouldn't have been on Pre-order any longer and and in regular stock and I could have gotten 1 Burgundy and one Black like I originally had wanted. Just didn't want to miss the price with the holiday discount.

I'm on vacation next week, so hopefully they'll arrive then.

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
Got some jewelry today:

28250452406_cb770b851f_b.jpg

Thanks again for the tip @pufZeppelin
24639996112_5365340198_o.gif

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
Still haven't received the Evic Vtwo's I ordered from VapeNW. I just told them to cancel the order and issue me a store credit after placing an order with Sweet Vapes for 1 unit. I figure I could use the credit towards one of the soon to be released eleaf Ipower 80's to compare them; but no more Pre-Orders -- I'll wait until they're in stock.

Reactions: OhTheAgony

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
Okay, so I finally got a Evic VTwo in Cool Black... and I am disappointed with joyetech for falsely advertising that the Black and Cool Black having black tops -- the Cool Black comes with the same chromed top plate as the original Evic VT's and the advertised other colors. All of the photos of the new Evic VTwo models show otherwise.

Otherwise, the new displays features and layout are nice (I like the clock), plus the TC with stainless steel is s nice option to have.

But I was really looking forward to a full black unit, since the black button looks tacky on the chromed top. Live a learn...:confused:

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Okay, so I finally got a Evic VTwo in Cool Black... and I am disappointed with Joyetech for falsely advertising that the Black and Cool Black having black tops -- the Cool Black comes with the same chromed top plate as the original Evic VT's and the advertised other colors. All of the photos of the new Evic VTwo models show otherwise.

Otherwise, the new displays features and layout are nice (I like the clock), plus the TC with stainless steel is s nice option to have.

But I was really looking forward to a full black unit, since the black button looks tacky on the chromed top. Live a learn...:confused:

hah, that's odd - I CAN'T even find a pic of the new VTwo in EITHER (black or cool black) with a silver top

I'd get a pic fron vendors web site (where you bought it) and tell them ; " that's NOT what I ordered "

:-x

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
hah, that's odd - I CAN'T even find a pic of the new VTwo in EITHER (black or cool black) with a silver top

I'd get a pic fron vendors web site (where you bought it) and tell them ; " that's NOT what I ordered "

:-x

Everything checks out as far as authenticity. It's not my vendor's issue -- it's Joyetech. The photos were most likely pre-release production models. The device functions as it should (although the spring-loaded 510 was a bit stiff at first and I had to crank it a bit for my RTA to sit flush -- but at least it's a solid connection), and only a cosmetic detail was off. They just need to update their marketing photos.

This has been a depressing purchase beginning with the long wait from the first vendor (who still hasn't received the black on in stock) to my disappointment with the top plate. I can't dwell on it -- I need to order some eliquid before August. :cry:

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
I saw this a few days ago on 3fvape:

evic.jpg

They still have pics up with a black top of the black one without racing stripes.

They were probably looking to cut some costs in the production process. I would not be a happy customer if I expected a full black one and got one of those.

Reactions: jefsview

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Everything checks out as far as authenticity. It's not my vendor's issue -- it's Joyetech. The photos were most likely pre-release production models. The device functions as it should (although the spring-loaded 510 was a bit stiff at first and I had to crank it a bit for my RTA to sit flush -- but at least it's a solid connection), and only a cosmetic detail was off. They just need to update their marketing photos.

This has been a depressing purchase beginning with the long wait from the first vendor (who still hasn't received the black on in stock) to my disappointment with the top plate. I can't dwell on it -- I need to order some eliquid before August. :cry:

I humbly dis-agree - it is the vendors responsibility to sell what they show on their site
if something is " out of line " with the product description, VENDOR NEEDS TO MAKE A NOTATION to purchaser, BEFORE sale... :censored:

:grr: I'd be fuming and would not put up with it - but that's just me - what's right is right :rules:

good luck whatever you end up doing...

upload_2016-7-19_12-50-35.png

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
I humbly dis-agree - it is the vendors responsibility to sell what they show on their site
if something is " out of line " with the product description, VENDOR NEEDS TO MAKE A NOTATION to purchaser, BEFORE sale... :censored:

:grr: I'd be fuming and would not put up with it - but that's just me - what's right is right :rules:

good luck whatever you end up doing...

View attachment 580129

I sent Sweet Vapes a note letting them know, and to perhaps make a notation on the item listing.

I am quite pleased with the price and service from Sweet Vapes; I ordered it Friday Night and received it Monday. It was In Stock and shipped out the next day. (Of course, they are only 1 state away, so that helps speed up the shipping times). I don't use them often since they have no free shipping option, but they do offer great service and competitive pricing (and some nice clearance deals).

The Evic VTwo has been working well, and I'm surprised the clock isn't draining the battery more. I set it to only stay on for 1 minute. The battery was fully charged when I received it and the indicator has barely moved after a day of use. The resistance hasn't budged or fluctuated, and after breaking in the 510, my RTAs have been sitting flush. The plastic button is nice and clicky, smooth and works. Not certain how I feel about the control wheel being plastic, i.e. durability. So far, it was a bit stiff at first, but it works.

It's a worthwhile upgrade. Oh, the whole upgradeable firmware things didn't make a difference in my decision since I run neither Windows or Mac; after August 8th, the manufacturer will have to re-file a PMTA for any new firmware upgrades that add features anyway.

Reactions: pufZeppelin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread