Status
Not open for further replies.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
1.35Ω 5/6 wrap coil built on an RM2 with 5/64" mandrel on a Gizmo using 30g Kanthal. Rayon wicking. Do ya really need more vapor than this? Yeah, I know, seems most do, but this is plenty for me. :)

P1020242.JPG
P1020243.JPG

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
I need precisely enough to keep me from smoking.

Sometimes, that's very little, sometimes more. I consider it one of the many reasons it's better than smoking - I can throttle it based on mood and perceived need. Cloud competitors and the like, well, that's a different trope all together.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
LOL, I know what you mean oplholic. I'm a chain vaper with a setup pretty similar to yours most of the time, and the house can be a little hazy as it is :D Sometimes in the TV room I get the sideways glance from my better half, and the "REALLY!"

rudy4653

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
CT
I do like a lot of vapor. The beauty for me now lies in milking it out of a 0.7 ohm single coil :)

So Russ,
Just trying to keep up with your builds and current trend. Way back when you used to build "micro coils" ( coils around 1.5 inner diameter, then explored dual coils, now back to single coils but larger diameter. Coils were single wire now twisted. I have 2 questions - 1- do you find improvement in wicking and flavor with larger diameter coils? 2- have you tried parallel coils and if so difference in vape & flavor vs. twisted?
I am currently using twisted 29gauge, 1.6mm coil size with RxW 2mm, 9 wraps comes out to about .8ohms. I am happy with current setup but considering moving up to larger diameter coil with RxW 3mm wick just for curiosity sake and my urge to fiddle!
Your input always valuable.
Fins up,
Rudy

jifjifjif

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2011
Vape Canaveral, FL
I'm curious to hear the answer as well. I've tried twisted wire, but for me, the ultimate set up is parallel 28gauge Kanthal 4 wraps around a 2.5mm rod (or Q-Tip shaft in my case) wicked with 3mm ReadyXwick.

I have not found anything that punches like this set up does. Flavor is off the chart in an RM2 as well.

rudy4653

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
CT
I'm curious to hear the answer as well. I've tried twisted wire, but for me, the ultimate set up is parallel 28gauge Kanthal 4 wraps around a 2.5mm rod (or Q-Tip shaft in my case) wicked with 3mm ReadyXwick.

I have not found anything that punches like this set up does. Flavor is off the chart in an RM2 as well.

I have been tempted to try the 3mm RxW with 2.5mm coil. I just wanted to get a bit of feedback before buying a foot of 3mm RxW and not liking it. I have been using the 2mm & 1.6mm coil for a year now and happy but maybe time for a change. I am trying to get comparison between the 2 sizes.

Reactions: JC Okie

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I'm an old pipe and cigar smoker. Although I classify myself as a 'flavor' vaper, rather than a 'cloud chaser', I do like a significant full, rich, amount of vapor. But flavor is always my main concern.
My standard build, which works for me is: Dual 26g coils, 2mm diameter, 7 wraps each.
Total resistance is about .4 ohms. I use pretty much the same build on all my attys.

camerajunkie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2013
United States
1.35Ω 5/6 wrap coil built on an RM2 with 5/64" mandrel on a Gizmo using 30g Kanthal. Rayon wicking. Do ya really need more vapor than this? Yeah, I know, seems most do, but this is plenty for me. :)

View attachment 477938 View attachment 477939

No it's not necessary, but is it wanted is the question? Really depends on what you're looking for. I'm a lung hit kinda guy. I want 3mg nic solutions to hit me like a mack truck, then I forget about it. Sometimes when I'm at home and in my office away from the Missus, I'll look like a dang steam train.

For work I have a 1.2ohm build, for home I have 2 0.35Ω builds in a variety of twisted style dual and single coils. I find the twisted setups provide both a dense and flavorful vape. A lot more than my 1.35Ω build does.

Reactions: oplholik
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread