Best long lasting battery for istick 100w?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbc83

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Most of the answers I've gotten have been the typical vtc4, 25r, he2, 30q ect....

Mucho amps is not a concern as I only vape at 6 watts.

I've been looking into the LG 18650MJ1 3500mah or the LG 18650MH1 3200mah, both are rated at 10a iirc. I've seen sheets for both and they look good for my application.

Another question, does the istick 100w have trouble fitting certain batteries?

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    I don't know about the battery fit for that mod but I've done some battery testing here and the NCR18650GA beats the PF, MH1, and MJ1 at 5A. They should still beat those batteries at the couple of amps (total) you'll be drawing from them.

Both the HG2 and 30Q beat the GA at 10A though. Not sure if that carries down to lower discharge current rates but I don't think there will be any big changes. The HG2 and 30Q could be a very good option, in my opinion, if you can't easily find the GA or it's expensive. The 30Q and LG2 also give you the option of going up, safely, to higher wattages if should ever want to (or you loan your mod to someone, etc.).

Reactions: sbc83

Marc411

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 17, 2014
    Windy City
    Reactions: Mkuluk

sbc83

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 16, 2013
    I don't know about the battery fit for that mod but I've done some battery testing here and the NCR18650GA beats the PF, MH1, and MJ1 at 5A. They should still beat those batteries at the couple of amps (total) you'll be drawing from them.

Both the HG2 and 30Q beat the GA at 10A though. Not sure if that carries down to lower discharge current rates but I don't think there will be any big changes. The HG2 and 30Q could be a very good option, in my opinion, if you can't easily find the GA or it's expensive. The 30Q and LG2 also give you the option of going up, safely, to higher wattages if should ever want to (or you loan your mod to someone, etc.).

Thank you for the detailed reply. I never even took the GA's into consideration.

Reactions: Mooch

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015

Interesting! In my tests all of the batteries I mentioned were fairly close, but the GA came out on top. In those tables for your first link there is only a 2% difference between the longest and shortest lasting battery...pretty darn close. Just the difference between any two batteries can reach 2%.

In the discharge graph, check out what happens at around 3.2V. This is about where your mod will cut off. They are essentially tied. The GA has a slightly higher voltage during discharge down to 3.2V but it's small.

You wouldn't be sorry you got the MJ1 though. I have a preference for one over the other but either the GA and the MJ1 would do great. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread