XvoStick users?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woofer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2014
PA, SK, CA
It looks like a good straight-forward no-nonsense single coil kinda kit. These days I get miles more use out of my tanks but dripping is still where my heart lives. Even squonking wasn't as nice.

Do you have experience with the MiniDrip? I'm interested in knowing if the plexiglass section helps with keeping an eye on the build/saturation - or if it just requires too much cleaning to be useful. Chels even admits it's more for style over function (refreshing bit of honesty that guy).

I have had MiniDrip for a couple of weeks. I have the transparent tank but have not tried it yet. Sorry.

Reactions: DPLongo22

drugarth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2015
Netherlands, groningen
Does anybody own this mod and has a subtank mini? If so could you post a picture off that setup?...I am very curious how much the tank extends above the mod, I like it to be as short as possible.
So wondering if I should buy a shorter tank when I order this device (like the Eleaf GS Tank)...a picture with a GS-tank would offcourse also be appreciated :)

Reactions: DPLongo22

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Does anybody own this mod and has a subtank mini? If so could you post a picture off that setup?...I am very curious how much the tank extends above the mod, I like it to be as short as possible.
So wondering if I should buy a shorter tank when I order this device (like the Eleaf GS Tank)...a picture with a GS-tank would offcourse also be appreciated :)
I believe that the well is either 33mm or 35mm (it's listed on the site). Anything taller will protrude.

I know that a full size Nautilus will stick out approximately 33 % (plus whatever tip...) , if that's of any value.

Reactions: Katdarling

drugarth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2015
Netherlands, groningen
Yea I did measure the subtank mini to see what part will extend beyond the mod....but I need to visualize it and a pic does wonders :) I did seek the web and found a picture with a normal black subtank....it looks awesome..but protrudes to much for me....I know I can estimate how much difference it will make with a Subtank Mini...but still would like to see the actuall picture :D

Here is a measurement I did on the nautilus mini and subtank mini....to estimate it when the well is 35mm :)

2im928.jpg

Think I'll just wait till I finally get my Mod in hands (will probably be a while) and if bothered will buy a GS tank also..they are cheap and wil make 10mm difference....unfortunatly they do not come in black....hehe maybe it is a bit to much about the form for me :banana:

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Yea I did measure the subtank mini to see what part will extend beyond the mod....but I need to visualize it and a pic does wonders :) I did seek the web and found a picture with a normal black subtank....it looks awesome..but protrudes to much for me....I know I can estimate how much difference it will make with a Subtank Mini...but still would like to see the actuall picture :D

Here is a measurement I did on the nautilus mini and subtank mini....to estimate it when the well is 35mm :)

2im928.jpg

Think I'll just wait till I finally get my Mod in hands (will probably be a while) and if bothered will buy a GS tank also..they are cheap and wil make 10mm difference....unfortunatly they do not come in black....hehe maybe it is a bit to much about the form for me :banana:

Yeah - it sounds like our needs are different. For the ultimate in "sunken", I've got the (BB) mods that have that part covered.

The Xvo is to be an "enhancement", for lack of a better term, and I'm just looking for something to offset the full-blown Topper Mod look & feel. I'm pretty sure it's going to be perfect for what I'm wanting/needing.

There's also the "RB" which will sink pretty much anything, but comes with the cost of a larger footprint. For me, it was Xvo - but that doesn't mean the RB isn't a better (albeit more expensive) option for some. It's possible you're in that group, so it might be worth consideration.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Forgive my noobness...but what does BB and RB stand for?
Another question: has anyone used their merkava rta? Is it any good? The set with it is in stock, and wanted to get in rebuilding anyway..so if it is good I might just order the set (is 30 bucks off also)

PM coming your way (and we're eyeing the Merk too, even though neither of us is particularly interested in building...).

Info on the Merk can probably be found here (you'll need to go back some pages though):
Mods by Chels - mini-ecig | Page 98 | E-Cigarette Forum

Jonner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2010
Pennsylvania

"Page" six of this thread has a pic of mine with the Subtank Mini, it just looks different because it has a clear bell cap on it. I would tell you the post # but I can't figure it out on my phone.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Wonder how long it will take after the authentic XvoStick is released to the public for sale .. that the Chinese will clone it and offer it for sale in the $50 price range?

2 months ... 3 months?

Approximately 87 minutes (the Railbox clones are already accepting pre-orders).

And for those who support and buy that stuff, it will be a good day. I've never had any interest, and I don't expect that I ever will.

I prefer mods that last for years, not months. And that's not to even mention how blatantly wrong it is. They'll actually pull & post pics from the original manufacturer's website. Amazing...

I'll buy Innokin stuff (I have two CF IV's), but they don't do clones, and they're stuff is actually quite decent (particularly from a value perspective).

But no "Pnovari" for me, thank you very much.

Funny stuff (if you're not the person who's idea it is that they're ripping off).

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
guys how does this ring at the bottom work? Ive been turning it but no matter where I put it I cant get my air hole where I want it

Are you just turning it, or are actually adjusting the pin?

Go to the 5:30 (or so) point of Chels' video to see if you're doing it correctly. If you are, you should be able to move where the air hole is (unless I'm grossly mistaken, which is entirely possible). In which case, maybe @Jonner can jump in to assist?

nevillebartos

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Vic, Aus
Are you just turning it, or are actually adjusting the pin?

Go to the 5:30 (or so) point of Chels' video to see if you're doing it correctly. If you are, you should be able to move where the air hole is (unless I'm grossly mistaken, which is entirely possible). In which case, maybe @Jonner can jump in to assist?

Ah I got it in the end, required a combination of turning the ring and atty pin adjustment. The rings on a thread that raises or lowers it slightly while rotating, but it cant turn the atty that much on its own, only slight pin adjustments on the atty were needed to change its final direction.

Had about a day on the xvostick and I reckon it's going to make an awesome mobile rig. I'd heard the quality was great and seen plenty of pics, but it's even better than I'd expected. Fit's nicely in my pockets which are fairly small as far as pockets go, it'll be in the keys pockets where my smokes used to live, it'll take a real beating scratch wise so I'll report on scratch resistance at some stage. My Squape R is taller than I'd like so going to grab an R to complete this setup

drippaboi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2014
SF Bay Area
I'm waiting on my Russian friend to get back from Burning Man to have him watch Chels say it so he can tell me how to say it :p I swear in the video he says "Egzchvoh"

@nevillebartos if you're into them c9v has new bell caps for the Squape Rs. That + the Rs chimney they also have available all for much less then getting a full Rs kit or even just the aluminum replacement kit. I too am interested in the scratch report, and to hear how your DNA 40 is behaving ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread