theddead

running with scissors since 1970
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2014
Minneapolis, Minnesota
I'm a gonna try cellucotton methinks.
Sally's?
OK.

@lanye i don't know if you figured it out yet?
(Bad cotton taste)
I think it's too thick.
If you try less cotton, it should wick better.
Cut it just a bit thicker than the coils.
And long enough so both ends rest comfortably on the bottom of the juice well.
(You already know this don'cha?)
OK then.
Goodnight! Hasta mañana

Reactions: Kaezziel

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
I'm a gonna try cellucotton methinks.
Sally's?
OK.

@lanye i don't know if you figured it out yet?
(Bad cotton taste)
I think it's too thick.
If you try less cotton, it should wick better.
Cut it just a bit thicker than the coils.
And long enough so both ends rest comfortably on the bottom of the juice well.
(You already know this don'cha?)
OK then.
Goodnight! Hasta mañana

Give it a try, theddead. I think you'll find that it is easier to work with and more forgiving than cotton. It's gonna sound a little weird, but really stuff the coil tight with it, then trim about 75-90% of the tail density down. You want it really tight inside the coil, but you want very thin tails (for most builds, anyway). If you have any problems with getting it to work for you either let me know or pop by the Rayon thread. I've been using rayon, exclusively, for a little over a year or so. It works great for drippers and tanks once you figure it out.

Reactions: theddead

theddead

running with scissors since 1970
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2014
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Give it a try, theddead. I think you'll find that it is easier to work with and more forgiving than cotton. It's gonna sound a little weird, but really stuff the coil tight with it, then trim about 75-90% of the tail density down. You want it really tight inside the coil, but you want very thin tails (for most builds, anyway). If you have any problems with getting it to work for you either let me know or pop by the Rayon thread. I've been using rayon, exclusively, for a little over a year or so. It works great for drippers and tanks once you figure it out.

Yeah.
I'll order some thank you!

Reactions: Kaezziel

Ben Eastman

Sep 5, 2015
For real though, I think I broke something.

I've been using my HexOhm 2.1 with Aspire Atlantis 2 tanks. Today I noticed that I was starting to get a little bit of a burnt taste and I immediately knew - A demon had farted burnt rubber sharts into my beloved 'Twas Brillig (after a week, no less!)

I changed out the coil, primed the new coil, filled the tank with fresh E-Liquid and let it soak for a good 10 minutes. I go to take a vape and BURNT RUBBER.

What. The. Frogballs.

I had my mod set to 10 Watts to break the new (1 ohm coil) in. Surely this is an issue with the coils?? This isn't the first Atlantis coil I've had taste like a hot shadoobie fresh out of the box. Am I missing something?

I mainly vape the 0.5 ohm coils around 30-40 Watts but I only have two left so I switched to my back up 1.0 ohms. It seems like the 1.0 ohm coils never taste that great. Did I get a crap box or am I having a blonde moment?

Forgot to mention: these 1.0 ohm coils are spitting juice like a 6th street...lady.
That is the funniest way to explain the brunt hair taste I've ever heard, made me laugh good. typically .5 ohms you should run close to 20-25W so yes 10-13W for around 1 ohm should not be a issue at all and always safer to go lower and still produce good thickness than higher and burn out a coil to soon! Maybe you got a funky batch, i'd take it all apart wash it good with a little isopyrol alchohol and water rinse and reassemble.

Reactions: lanye

Brian435Baer

Sep 6, 2015
Spitting juice like a 6th street.......... now that is just good comedy.

I haven't used an Atlantis for quite a while now, so I really can't help. Bad coils do seem a possible solution though. I have always thought the Aspire devices changed the flavor of my juices, but you say it's different than it was before, so my perception is most likely not your problem.
Why don't you just upgrade to the Uwell crown SUBOHM tank? They come with prepackaged coils in sizes, 0.25 DVC , 0.5, and 0.15 ni200 coil heads. Work much better at wicking and flavor with any device that has 50+ watts, but preferred in a 100-200w device.

Brian435Baer

Sep 6, 2015
You're in the right place to ask. It can definitely be a bit confusing.

Some devices have the option of switching between wattage or voltage mode, which some prefer as it gives more ability to fine-tune. But essentially, if you're setting the wattage, the mod is calculating the voltage. If you're setting the voltage, the mod is calculating the wattage. Personally I prefer this over variable wattage.
Temperature controlled devices over all

Brian435Baer

Sep 6, 2015
I'm not a subtank guy. I build my own coils and such, but I've tried the Arctic and I like it. The Delta 2 is pretty good as well. Not a fan of anything Kanger. Overpriced and sub par. I'm looking at a freemax starre pro though. Those seem to have evrything I like and have a rebuildable head. As far as drippers, decide whether you want flavor or clouds or both, then ask around.
I'm a SUBOHM guy . And trust me, get the Uwell crown. It's the best and my favorite SUBOHM on the market. It's better than the starre FREEMAX by far. Not sure about the pro but this Uwell tank is boss!

Brian435Baer

Sep 6, 2015
I didn't go to college and take all those stupid Calculus classes to do math all day. I went to college so I could lay around, be fanned and fed grapes all day, damnit!

Side note: If I wanted to get into dripping for some unholy reason, is there service out there that will just build the .... for me? I mean, I could dress up my dog as Slave Girl Leia but I don't think the quality would be on par.
Uwel crown SUBOHM tank = equivalent to a dripper tank. Trust and believe he DVC 0.25 ohm coils and 0.15 ni200 coil are the Beez Kneez

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
Uwel crown SUBOHM tank = equivalent to a dripper tank. Trust and believe he DVC 0.25 ohm coils and 0.15 ni200 coil are the Beez Kneez
i'd put the smok tfv4 up against it - heard a lot of good things about the crown, but it really comes down to personal preferences, when it is all said and done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread