VapingBad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 16, 2015
Hertfordshire, UK

SteveAdams86

Jul 9, 2015
Gloucester UK
@BlueridgeDog and other Mac users Evolv have an update that should work better on Mac + virtualized Windows, increased the time-outs.
Download Early Firmware - DNA 200 Early Adopters Forum
info View Single Post - EE PROM Programing Failed - DNA 200 Early Adopters Forum

thanks for the link! i wouldn't of known they were releasing early software, im using escribe in windows 7 virtual machine through ubuntu 15.04, downloaded & installed this new version and now to carry on waiting for my shark to arrive!

My other USB devices behave as expected in my vm so im hopeful my shark will be fine

Last edited:

MrNobody

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2015
I just noticed with my dna 200 mod the screen goes dim when I hit the fire button, is this normal? I've had the mod a few days and never really paid attention. I tried changing the firmware and still get the same thing. Mod works fine but soon as I hit the fire button the screen goes completely dim.

EDIT: I disassembled the box and noticed the firing button was hitting the ribbon cable for the screen which was causing it to turn off. After a bit ot of tinkering and some duckt tape I was able to resolve the issue. I'm going to shoot n email to the MFG of the box to let them know this could be a possible issue.

Last edited:

Clmarti78

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2013
Rio Rancho nm
I just noticed with my DNA 200 mod the screen goes dim when I hit the fire button, is this normal? I've had the mod a few days and never really paid attention. I tried changing the firmware and still get the same thing. Mod works fine but soon as I hit the fire button the screen goes completely dim.

Mine does not dim. May be a setting.

DonnyX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2014
Spotswood, New Jersey, United States
Is it a Hana Mod V200? I say that because every time I hit the fire button my screen would dim out. It turned out to be the ribbon cable being pinched by the fire button. Had to send it back to Hana Modz and it due to be delivered tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darkly spectr

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2014
Belgium
You could run the Sony VTC5's since they've come back in stock. They're 30A rated, compared to the LG's 20A but at the cost of some mAh. I've not looked into the 30Q specs.
No real point in getting the VTC5s anymore since the board doesn't use up anything more than 23 amps at most. Hell technically the VTC5s aren't really 30 amp. they handle 30 amps but they become too hot to be considered truelly 30 amps. with active cooling yeah. the VTC3/4s stay cooler at 30 amps so those things are 30 amps. the 5s just can't keep cool enough for testers(under 100celcius)

a LG HG2 is a much better option. 20 amps continuous but with 3000mah.

MrNobody

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2015
Anyone getting "Max kanthal Power"? I'm running a quad coild set up at .15 ohm, trying to fire it at 150w and the mod goes to 100 and then says "Max kanthal power". My batter is fully charged and it a 2200max 3S lipo so it should be able to handle that no problem. I recently updated to the latest firmware, restored defaults and did a hard reboot while troubleshooting another, unrelated issue.

EDIT: Totally missed in Escribe under mod where it said "Electrical" and Max Kanthal Limit.

Last edited:
Reactions: AtmizrOpin

Darkly spectr

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2014
Belgium
Anyone getting "Max kanthal Power"? I'm running a quad coild set up at .15 ohm, trying to fire it at 150w and the mod goes to 100 and then says "Max kanthal power". My batter is fully charged and it a 2200max 3S lipo so it should be able to handle that no problem. I recently updated to the latest firmware, restored defaults and did a hard reboot while troubleshooting another, unrelated issue.
did you go to the mod tab and change the kanthal power limit to 200?

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA

did you go to the mod tab and change the kanthal power limit to 200?

^This

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
I just noticed with my DNA 200 mod the screen goes dim when I hit the fire button, is this normal? I've had the mod a few days and never really paid attention. I tried changing the firmware and still get the same thing. Mod works fine but soon as I hit the fire button the screen goes completely dim.

EDIT: I disassembled the box and noticed the firing button was hitting the ribbon cable for the screen which was causing it to turn off. After a bit ot of tinkering and some duckt tape I was able to resolve the issue. I'm going to shoot n email to the MFG of the box to let them know this could be a possible issue.
Who is the mfg? If it's Hana, skip the e-mail, they don't care. There are setting in Escribe on how you want the display to work, one of which is brightness while firing but it sounds like you have a pinched ribbon cable. I had the same issue on my v200 and replaced it myself.

Check Escribe setting under "Mod" tab>Electrical>Kanthal Power Limit

Reactions: mackman

MrNobody

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2015
Who is the mfg? If it's Hana, skip the e-mail, they don't care. There are setting in Escribe on how you want the display to work, one of which is brightness while firing but it sounds like you have a pinched ribbon cable. I had the same issue on my v200 and replaced it myself.

Check Escribe setting under "Mod" tab>Electrical>Kanthal Power Limit
It wasn't Hana. The MFG already contacted me back saying they'll be looking into ways to fix it.

jfb7

Jul 16, 2015
Darkly spectr, higher amperage ratings on batteries indicate a lower mod resistance. The capacity might be higher but what about in real use? Energy heating the battery isn't getting to your vape. It's wasted. If you waste 10% on one and 5% on the other, are you really gaining by having 5% more capacity on the former? 20 amps continuous is under the rating for the DNA. The odds may be good you won't burn your face off, but why play the odds at all? On a 200W preheat, you'll start to exceed 20A around 10V (3.3V/cell). You would have hit 23A at 8.7V (2.9V/cell). It's safe to say the battery will be much emptier at the latter than the former. The DNA 200's Cell Soft Cutoff defaults to 3.09V as well, which is above 2.9V, so in normal use 23A even has a factor of safety for measurement error etc.

Last edited:

Darkly spectr

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2014
Belgium
Darkly spectr, higher amperage ratings on batteries indicate a lower mod resistance. The capacity might be higher but what about in real use? Energy heating the battery isn't getting to your vape. It's wasted. If you waste 10% on one and 5% on the other, are you really gaining by having 5% more capacity on the former? 20 amps continuous is under the rating for the DNA. The odds may be good you won't burn your face off, but why play the odds at all? On a 200W preheat, you'll start to exceed 20A around 10V (3.3V/cell). You would have hit 23A at 8.7V (2.9V/cell). It's safe to say the battery will be much emptier at the latter than the former. The DNA 200's Cell Soft Cutoff defaults to 3.09V as well, which is above 2.9V, so in normal use 23A even has a factor of safety for measurement error etc.

I have checked around on battery testing websites and the HG2s hold their capacity extremely well. the LG HG2 is currently the king.

and man I don't really like TC on stainless so far. bought a uwell crown which uses 316L and using the steamengine setting it's just weak. 600F and its just a cool vape so it's not being accurate.

Freedom2Vape

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2015
Texas
I have the Hana preproduction model and fortunately haven't had any issues (except the spinning buttons). After reading the issues with Hana's CS, this will be my last purchase from them. I took advantage of the VS sale and ordered one of their mods - I've had the the rDNA 40 since May and really like it - have had absolutely no issues with it. The VS sale makes it one of the least expensive DNA 200 devices I've found.

Freedom2Vape

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2015
Texas
Honestly after I went to a belgian B&M and actually held a vaporflask. man I wish vaporflask had a DNA200 version but eh.

I wouldn't of bought it anyway haha
That would have been a no brainer for me - but I believe I would have checked online to compare prices to the B&M :)

Darkly spectr

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2014
Belgium
That would have been a no brainer for me - but I believe I would have checked online to compare prices to the B&M :)
checked around abit. they are about 10-15 euros cheaper for a flask than some webshops I found

the X cube II I saw there was cheaper than most places.

It's a really nice B&M with no ridiculous markups. Very nice atmosphere. More hardware than liquid but eh.

it's fun that they have a liquid buying card though. buy 10 bottles of 15-30ml and the 11th is free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread