Status
Not open for further replies.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
How's the battery life? I've seen it claimed in some reviews that it's not good. How is it compared to other single 18650 mods?

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

I haven't timed it, but it's about the same as any other single 18650 mod I have. I haven't noticed the Koopor running through batteries any faster than what I'm accustomed to. I usually average about 4 hours out of a single 18650 at my customary vape rate.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I haven't timed it, but it's about the same as any other single 18650 mod I have. I haven't noticed the Koopor running through batteries any faster than what I'm accustomed to. I usually average about 4 hours out of a single 18650 at my customary vape rate.
That's good to know. Now I really don't have any excuse not get the Koopor :)

towelie

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2014
In a cloud
Battery seems to not last as long as my rdna...i run the koopor on norm and hard temp mode which is 50 and 60 watts and the vs is only doing 40 so thats prolly it.

Also i find the usb hole in the silicone sleeve a bit silly as its not a charge port.

All in all a crazy good tc device for 35 no jive.

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
Cheapest list price I've yet seen on the Koopor - $31.99 from Angel Cigs, using $8 discount code: koopor

Authentic Smok Koopor Mini 60W Temperature Control VW Variable Wattage Box Mod Silver

However factoring in shipping (about $5, based on weight) it's more expensive than FT's $34.79.

But if someone wanted other stuff from Angel Cigs, or can't order from FT for some reason, the above is a good deal.

Oh, but I guess US customers would receive it from a US warehouse - so it's a great price for US customers!

Reactions: BigEgo

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
Very interested in this mod. Can't believe it's less than $40.

Wish my IPV D2 had a TCR adjustment function. I mean I am satisfied with the nickel build I am using, but I like to tinker. I may have to pick this one up for that.

BTW, The Bloke, do you know if the TCR differs between tempered and annealed Ni200?

Funny you should ask, I was told a couple of days ago that, in the context of NiFe wire, "TCR can only be guaranteed for annealed wire".

it sounded like that was a generic statement rather than specific to NiFe, but I don't know for sure.

I do have both annealed and tempered spools from a reputable supplier. I measured the spools on the annealed wire and found them to be the expected Ni200 range, ie around 0.006 at vaping temperatures. I haven't verified the tempered yet to see if it's different.

What I do know for sure is that Ni200 can be variable. I have some spools from another supplier whose TCR comes out to about 0.0045 - way below normal Ni200 and such that I need a significant temperature offset on non-TCR mods. And it's the same too-low TCR on both types from that supplier, both the 'soft' and 'hard' finish, although in their case the 'hard' finish is listed as both annealed and tempered. Which doesn't make a huge amount of sense, but I always assumed to mean it was first annealed and then tempered - though why they would do that I do not know. The never responded to my question about it.

But remember one of the big advantages of a TCR adjusting mod is you don't have to use Ni200 any more ;)

BigEgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Alabama
Ok I just ordered one of these off Angelcigs. Used Vapingcheap's 10% coupon code, which brought the price down to $36.99 (shipped). I mean, I have spent too much lately, but it's hard to turn down a TC mod (that supports Ni, Ti and has TCR) for $37. If it is half as decent as people say, it will be worth it.

Reactions: TheBloke

renatortb

Feb 17, 2011
Brasil
The Koopor mini is very similar to the SMOK Treebox. If you take a look in the Treebox page you will se that it do TC with SS. This informations with some more in posts in the Kooper forum/community reveals that the Kooper will do SS TC too. To finish my thought, the koopor has released the iOS/Android app today, so updates may be arriving.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Saw the Treebox but, while I love the look of wood, I'm too hard on my mods to expect a wood case to last for any measure of time. I'll stick with the more boring, but also more durable, stainless steel case. Been using mine daily for the past couple of weeks and continue to be very pleased with the performance.

The Koopor is now available in black as well: $35.35 Authentic Koopor Mini 60W TC Temperature Control VW Variable Wattage APV Box Mod - 1-60W / 200-600'F(100-315'C) / 1*18650 / stainless steel at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

cblack.jpg

Reactions: TheBloke

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
The Koopor mini is very similar to the SMOK Treebox. If you take a look in the Treebox page you will se that it do TC with SS. This informations with some more in posts in the Kooper forum/community reveals that the Kooper will do SS TC too. To finish my thought, the koopor has released the iOS/Android app today, so updates may be arriving.
What does the app do though? Looks like a community contact thingy from the pics, and there's no description.

puffnhuff

Aug 24, 2014
South Africa
The koopor vapes great. So far, testing with commercial Ni200 coils, it's slaying my rDna and SX mini. It just seems to give a more consistent pulse-free smooth vape and with the TCR and initial ohm reading override, one can really fine tune the performance to your liking...once you get the hang of it (The initial settings can be a bit low or high depending on what TC build you're using, using the TCR setting will sort this out). The form, the heavier weight, and the skin feels good.

The mod has it's issues though:
1) The biggest problem for me is that the 5xClick locking only works till the mod goes to sleep. After a while, when you fire it while it's in sleep, it wakes up and can fire without 5xClick unlocking it, Not cool. This should be Nr1 on the firmware upgrade list (Physical switching the mod off via the menu works fine)
2) Power hungry and no on-board charger. Goes through batteries alot quicker than my other mods. This is compounded by the fact that there is no on-board charging, so one cannot do USB top-ups during the day, so you're having to keep removing the skin and replace batteries throughout the day. Because of this I don't use this mod for travelling and use it as an extra house box without the skin for ease of use. The firmware upgrades better be epic to compensate for sacrificing the on-board charging.

Some minor Aesthetic irritations:
1) @#$%#@%ing atty overhang on the curve!!! I wish China would stop this feature.
2) Button rattle, even with the skin on
3) The roundabout way of setting the wattage for TC via wattage mode

Other than that, everything else is do-able.

To summarize...great little performer, if you don't mind a few quirks

Reactions: 52anddone

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I just got my Koopor Mini and for the twenty minutes I've vaped it I've loved it :) It's a beautiful mod, and doesn't feel much bigger than the Cloupor Mini in the hand. Vapes great. The tcr setting is indeed a single one applicable to both nickel and titanium. Set to 0.0050 by default on mine, for both materials. Not correct for either so I don't get how it works yet. Sitting outside vaping and reading, testing how long a single 18650 will last me. Check back later.

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
I just got my Koopor Mini and for the twenty minutes I've vaped it I've loved it :) It's a beautiful mod, and doesn't feel much bigger than the Cloupor Mini in the hand. Vapes great. The tcr setting is indeed a single one applicable to both nickel and titanium. Set to 0.0050 by default on mine, for both materials. Not correct for either so I don't get how it works yet. Sitting outside vaping and reading, testing how long a single 18650 will last me. Check back later.

Great news! I still haven't received my first yet - I hope tomorrow - but I already ordered a second yesterday :) At $35 a time it's very hard not just to throw it into any basket on a Chinese vendor. I look around and see all my lovely atomizers, full of lovely juice, sitting forlornly in their stand, unvapeable. Sure I could take another off to put one on, but thanks to the people who cobbled together the 510 connector - no doubt as a 'temporary solution' - that's no fun.

One atomizer, one mod! :)

Reactions: KenD

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com

OK, so my first 18650 (LG he2 that's seen plenty of use) just gave up its charge. 1 1/2 hours and about 1 1/2 Subtank Mini tanks (so about 7 ml). 450f and the temp hard setting. Quite decent. Can't really remember how my other single-battery mods do, but no more than two tanks maximum.

And I definitely need to ease up on the vaping (not that I commonly vape 4 mls per hour...).

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Has anyone managed to get the app (I use Android) working? I can't get the registration to work, just says "network anomaly, try again later". No idea what the app is supposed to do, and no way to find out before registered...

I got it installed under Android 4.4 (LG phone), but it's pretty useless. There are five selections: Koopor (goes to the website); Shopping; Community (their message board); Device; and Account. The Device tab is where (I expect) updates will be posted but at the moment it's blank.

Hopefully it's a work in progress that will stress updates and useful info rather than just sales materials.

Reactions: KenD

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I got it installed under Android 4.4 (LG phone), but it's pretty useless. There are five selections: Koopor (goes to the website); Shopping; Community (their message board); Device; and Account. The Device tab is where (I expect) updates will be posted but at the moment it's blank.

Hopefully it's a work in progress that will stress updates and useful info rather than just sales materials.
So no hurry to get registered. I'm hoping that there will be an update that makes this device a bit more efficient in battery use. It does drain the batteries a bit quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread