Not open for further replies.

element77

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Atl, Ga
Yea I'm balking if it hits 75.
There's other fish in the sea, just not enough whales to go round;)

I really like the original ones you did.
Not perfectly round nor square, it was uniquely yours, and my favorite :)

Did I mention this vape on my fiddleback kiwi kreation is an outstanding experience? Oh yeah, I just did!

element77

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Atl, Ga
IMG_20151009_245140448.jpg
I like these a lot, each is just a bit different, but all still the sameo_O

Splatnext

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2013
near the beach
Every time I come in here there is more eye pooping goodness to see.
Nbob I'm so happy for you, you have such good taste, your Walnut is such an elegant piece.

Distorto the first thing that came to mind when I sah yours was "Space the final frontier" can't wait to see the end result.

It is so much fun to come to this thread and see the different kinds of wood and what becomes of them.
Six month ago I didn't even know that much variety existed.

I'm so sorely tempted to raise my hand for that experiment Vaughan is building now but I don't think he will part with it and there are 15 people already in line for it.

distortoblotto

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
S.F/ Seattle
Very, very nice! Did Vaughan make your drip tip as well?

Not on this one. I happened to get lucky @ Drip Tip Designz and snagged it as soon as I saw it. It's actually redwood burl, but it matches quite well.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
Arizona, Ecuador
I have done the last few with a slightly squarer hole, what is the favored shape for you all? I just like to mix it up a little.

I like the squonk hole similar to distort's Mod.

That is one gorgeous piece of art...!

penguiness

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2014
Nashville, TN, USA
Thought to mention to anyone looking for a wood block, Vaughan has mentioned he wants the lengthwise grain to run up and down the height of your mod for best strength. Sometimes sellers have blocks with dimensions that look like they would work, but the width (or height) along the grain is not tall enough. Example of this piece with the sellers dimensions of 3 7/8" x 2 3/4" x 2":

s-l1600.jpg

If you notice, the grain is running from left to right. That means you would actually flip this piece over on it's side. This changes the dimensions to 3 7/8"L x 2"W x 2 3/4H" (98.4mm x 50.8mm x 69.8mm) and what you need for a 18650 mod is 60mm L x40mm W x 80mm H. That makes this piece not tall enough by 10.2mm.

I initially saw this piece and immediately thought of @emotionalstabilitysloth (sorry if I offend, sloth - it was intended as a compliment). Here are some other views of it (it is quite the beautiful, unique piece and is stabilized):

s-l1600.jpg

This bit makes me think of a sloth peeking through the wood in the knot on the right, little more than half-way down:

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread