Status
Not open for further replies.

Jingles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Ohio
Job done, how'd they do it. Pair of pliers and a blow torch? How do you get on with the Ego mega if you don't mind me asking?
I know I saw them put rubber bands around it, but then I got busy browsing their cases, so I'm not exactly sure. The Ego One Mega isn't bad. The flavor and vapor production is pretty good. I had to lower my nic level from 12 to 6 to comfortably use it. 12 just about knocked my socks off.

Bru2basics

Verified Member
Oct 13, 2015
I know I saw them put rubber bands around it, but then I got busy browsing their cases, so I'm not exactly sure. The Ego One Mega isn't bad. The flavor and vapor production is pretty good. I had to lower my nic level from 12 to 6 to comfortably use it. 12 just about knocked my socks off.

Glad you got it sorted and for free. I tried the coils that came with it but didn't think much of there ability to keep up with me vape pace plus all the issues I've had with temp protection. I got the clr ti coils which are better but had to remove juice flow ring and dremel some slots in the chimney which has massively improved the tank for me. Have given up on using ti wire now though so rebuilt the clr with a nice 1.2 ohm kanthal coil and it's a cracking vape now with my 12mg juice and zero dry hits even chain vaping. Great flavour on par with my tuboat and a decent cloud to boot. Altering the chimney and using the clr has made this tank a winner imo.

Reactions: TrollDragon

GemInEye

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2015
Somewhere In PA
Now that brings back the ghost of the Nautilus mini, trying to get that tank apart. :D
i literally ended up with a metal splinter last week from trying to get my nautilus mini off. Took me two days to realize that i had a metal sliver in my finger..instead of just a cut. They are good little tanks if you can unscrew them!

Bakseated1

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2012
Pa
For those having the issues of the resistance dropping when it goes to sleep and then suckage vape experience. Does it do it every time and did it do it from day 1?

I ended up getting a second one today as a replacement from fasttech on my broken Istick 50. Have purposely let it go to sleep numerous times and so far so good.

Curious if that means I am out of the woods or if some of you developed it over time or maybe its sporadic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Greetings and Salutations eVic VTC Mini users!

I stopped into the B&M on the way home tonight to see if they had found out any information from our discussion last week. The store manager did do some looking on the internet, he didn't come here though and didn't talk to the supplier about it because of other issues they were having with them at the time. Well that didn't sound good until he said that he had actually tried an Atty on the VTC mini that had a nickel build. He put it on the mini and set it up, wouldn't you know that it worked perfectly. Good vapor, nice flavor the more he spoke of it the more my hope of a resolution fell.

Then he told me he let it go to sleep... When he fired it back up it was vaping, producing very little vapor, no flavor and going into Temperature Protection immediately! Oh yeah, now were talking! Told me they were going to give a full store credit if I wanted it. Just then the owner came out from the back confirmed the decision, apologized for the inconvenience and shook my hand.

We went over to the display case and looked at the choices of TC devices:
1. iStick 40W TC - Nope not interested in downgrading.
2. Heatvape Invader mini - Looks very rugged and didn't really want that either, a feature downgrade.
3. eVic VT's - Hell NO, Not now Not ever!
4. IPV3 Li - Very Nice, Big, almost double my store credit.
5. Vaporshark rDNA40 - Way over my store credit, for that much I'd rather have an SX350J or DNA200 device.
6. Sigelei 150WTC - Coming in next week, Very Nice as well but also too big and expensive.

Tucked in the corner of the display was a brand spanking new, lonely looking IPV D2 for the same price as my store credit... BINGO! The paperwork was done up, hands were shaken all around, thanks were given and I left letting them know that I would see them again for more purchases in the future. With a heavy heart I am sorry to say that I will not share your pain anymore in this thread. I don't own any eVic products anymore and most likely never ever will again.

Don't look upon this as a bad thing, look upon it as a some good luck for all the VTC mini owners having a problem. I really loved the aesthetics of the VTC mini, that screen is gorgeous! The IPV D2 looks like the ugly red headed step child, not much to look at but does what it's told and does it without a song & dance.

The good luck part? You just know that since I have gotten rid of my VTC mini, there will be a firmware released for it very shortly that fixes it's issue and I'll be sorry I didn't wait.

So cheers everyone and hopefully you find some sort of resolution in the very near future.
:toast:

Troll Dragon

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
i literally ended up with a metal splinter last week from trying to get my nautilus mini off. Took me two days to realize that i had a metal sliver in my finger..instead of just a cut. They are good little tanks if you can unscrew them!
That was one of the main things that disliked about the mini, it was always stuck when you were on the way out the door and needed to fill it. Bad coils right out of the box did not help any either.

Good to know you got the sliver out, they can be nasty.

Reactions: Bru2basics

Nick N

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2014
Columbus, Ohio
Hardware version 1.10
Software version 1.10

Limited testing tonight with stock 0.4 ohm titanium coil in eGo One Mega. Coil read 0.39, locked it in, set temp to 550F and wattage to 40. Vaped it for about an hour, allowing 5-10 minutes between. Settings never changed when I picked it up, seemed to be consistent each time. Will do more testing in the next few days, but the Subtank Mini v2 in wattage mode is still the go to. Any other settings I should try for temp control?

9bc7217806e5667c2e13f5f53d0b20f9.jpg

Rockwell222

Sep 21, 2015
I'm glad there are still vape shops that care about the product there customers get and when there's a problem they take care of it. Unlucky for me I shopped at VapeNW who could care less about the product they give you. Hope you have good luck with the ipv d2 I'm sure it will work much better then the faulty evic VTC minis. I almost got my wife one yesterday but when I said it had no step down in power mode that turned into a no deal quick. She's a little bit of a tootle puffer. Lol

f1vefour

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Emerald Coast
I'm glad there are still vape shops that care about the product there customers get and when there's a problem they take care of it. Unlucky for me I shopped at VapeNW who could care less about the product they give you. Hope you have good luck with the ipv d2 I'm sure it will work much better then the faulty evic VTC minis. I almost got my wife one yesterday but when I said it had no step down in power mode that turned into a no deal quick. She's a little bit of a tootle puffer. Lol

Cloupor mini plus TC is tiny and has step down.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj

I stopped into the B&M on the way home tonight to see if they had found out any information from our discussion last week. The store manager did do some looking on the internet, he didn't come here though and didn't talk to the supplier about it because of other issues they were having with them at the time. Well that didn't sound good until he said that he had actually tried an Atty on the VTC mini that had a nickel build. He put it on the mini and set it up, wouldn't you know that it worked perfectly. Good vapor, nice flavor the more he spoke of it the more my hope of a resolution fell.

Then he told me he let it go to sleep... When he fired it back up it was vaping, producing very little vapor, no flavor and going into Temperature Protection immediately! Oh yeah, now were talking! Told me they were going to give a full store credit if I wanted it. Just then the owner came out from the back confirmed the decision, apologized for the inconvenience and shook my hand.

2. Heatvape Invader mini - Looks very rugged and didn't really want that either, a feature downgrade.
5. Vaporshark rDNA40 - Way over my store credit, for that much I'd rather have an SX350J or DNA200 device.
6. Sigelei 150WTC - Coming in next week, Very Nice as well but also too big and expensive.

Tucked in the corner of the display was a brand spanking new, lonely looking IPV D2 for the same price as my store credit... BINGO! The paperwork was done up, hands were shaken all around, thanks were given and I left letting them know that I would see them again for more purchases in the future. With a heavy heart I am sorry to say that I will not share your pain anymore in this thread. I don't own any eVic products anymore and most likely never ever will again.

Don't look upon this as a bad thing, look upon it as a some good luck for all the VTC mini owners having a problem. I really loved the aesthetics of the VTC mini, that screen is gorgeous! The IPV D2 looks like the ugly red headed step child, not much to look at but does what it's told and does it without a song & dance.

The good luck part? You just know that since I have gotten rid of my VTC mini, there will be a firmware released for it very shortly that fixes it's issue and I'll be sorry I didn't wait.

So cheers everyone and hopefully you find some sort of resolution in the very near future.

Troll Dragon
Congrats TD. Sorry the Evic didn't work out for you but happy that your B&M took care of you and you were able to find a reasonable alternative to suit your needs! Evic wasn't worth all the effort you put into it and you took action to resolve the problem - WELL DONE!

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii

Troll Dragon
Happy for you, Troll Dragon, but I was counting on you to let those of us on the sidelines know when the fix was in! I want one for its overall size and finish and for the large, easily readable screen, but I want the option to run TC builds too.

Last edited:

VapingTurtle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2011
The Reef just off the Florida coast
The IPV D2 looks like the ugly red headed step child, not much to look at but does what it's told and does it without a song & dance.
:thumb:
Glad you got a good resolution, TD!
I have both the VTC and the D2. My VTC works perfectly with both Ni and Ti, as does my D2. The VTC is a little lighter, and has a better button and a way better screen; the D2 has a better feel in my hand with its curves. Since my VTC is one without the problems, I give the two a toss-up on points. I'm so glad I don't have one of the wonky VTCs; I'd be really .......

leekeylee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2014
Hull, UK
Hi All,

Been skimming through this thread as I am thinking of getting the eVic-Vt mini to replace my dying istick 30w. To be honest I am not interested in temp control but love the style of the mini.

How is it running in normal watt mode?

I currently use the iStick 30w with a gs air-m at 15watts which is great for my juice and love the flavour, if the Vt mini works without issues in watt mode then I will get one to replace the istick 30w

Cheers and thanks in advance

Diyguy

May 30, 2015
+1 on the VTC Mini problem in Ti mode giving a weak, vape. I've used only Ti wire, with two different atomizers, including a clr coil in the Ego Mega tank, and both single and dual Ti coils in a Plume Veil clone rda. Unusable in Ti mode. Temp shown with a quick click of the fire button sometimes shows 70F, then a moment later, with another short click, it shows 170F. If that's true, then the coil is heating up with that quick click, which is no good as it would mean that you can't even lock in an accurate coil resistance. Flakey behavior to say the least.

Also, I have never seen the old/new atomizer selection message, regardless of what I did, nor when changing atomizers.

Using the Ti coils in Ni mode the unit works pretty well. Power mode works well.

Just wanted to weigh in, as I think there could be many people having these issues. I've been waiting patiently for a firmware update, but at least it's working in Ni mode. I love the build quality and form factor, and the alternatives that I'm aware of aren't that appealing, nor do I want to spend more, since I can't return the Mini.

f1vefour

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Emerald Coast
Hi All,

Been skimming through this thread as I am thinking of getting the eVic-Vt mini to replace my dying istick 30w. To be honest I am not interested in temp control but love the style of the mini.

I currently use the iStick 30w with a gs air-m at 15watts which is great for my juice and love the flavour, if the Vt mini works without issues in watt mode then I will get one to replace the istick 30w

It's fine in standard wattage mode.

Bru2basics

Verified Member
Oct 13, 2015
Hi All,

It works as it should in power mode, love the screen on it. Maybe a touch underpowered but hardly noticeable and with the bonus of replacable battery. If you like the form factor go for it but I would not buy it just for the temp control feature as it's a gamble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread