Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com

Why does that deck part have so dang many holes in it? Looks way too complicated. And where does the air come from? The side? I really hate side airflow. If the airflow isn't directly beneath the coil, I really have no use for it.

Andria

Reactions: Woofer

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
It's bottom air flow (with AFC) ... the two small holes in the centre of the deck. There are two wick holes, and one fill hole. Simple, easy to build, small and flavourful ;)

Did I mention it's obtainable ... unlike the Achilles?

I can't picture it... got a pic of it with coil and wick in place?

This is a Magma (although, THANK GOD, mine has phillips screws!):

magma.jpg

You just put the coil over one of the airholes, and the wick dangles into the well. That's why I can't figure out why that other one has so many holes. Come to think of it, mine is rather different; the airholes aren't so close to the well, but closer to the outer edge, kinda centered between the well and the outer edge. When I do the 12ga-needle-mod, I'm also going to see about blocking one of those airholes, the one I don't use, so maybe it'll have a tighter draw.

Andria

Woofer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2014
PA, SK, CA
I used an igoL for my first dripper. Still use and like that tiny thing. Then kayfun for years. Just ordered a microstick and microdrip....bronze., how does microdrip stack up as a mtl rebuildable in your experience?

I think the MicroDrip is somewhere at the top of the stack. <nods>

Reactions: gmoney$

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I used an igoL for my first dripper. Still use and like that tiny thing. Then kayfun for years. Just ordered a microstick and microdrip....bronze., how does microdrip stack up as a mtl rebuildable in your experience?
G, I don't have a microdrip. Someone else on this tread does (slipped my mind for the moment). But I have seen them in photos and they appear to use many of the same design ideas on the Achilles.

Reactions: AndriaD

Woofer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2014
PA, SK, CA
It looks real similar in design to Achilles. What's the airflow like and I think I see two airholes....two settings available?

If you like the MicroDrip I expect you will like the MiniDrip. The Mini has 5 holes in the ACR that range from 1mm to 2.5mm and that beautiful 3 hole feed arrangement under the coil.

Woofer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2014
PA, SK, CA
Don't have either. Getting my first microstick 350 size with microdrip. Clones.

OK, all the MicroStick clones I have seen come with a MiniAtty clone. Are you sure you are getting a MicroDrip? Link please and thanks.

I'd say the draw is a say from an Origen V2 RDA to a bit more than a Kayfun 3.1/Lite.
Super easy build too.

RipCigs

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2015
Croatia
I have a nectar nano (clone). It's not complicated, 2 holes are just for wicks, the third is to fill the mini tank. Doesn't leak, looks good, very small and holds a decent amount of juice. Flavor wise, i'm still on the veritas :)

I usually make a simple spread coil, this one is SS for tc

Bs7WhI0.jpg

And this is how it looks on a vtc mini

CSOhksE.jpg

Last edited:

PoliticallyIncorrect

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
SoCal
...up to and including the fact that there's none to be found anywhere--not here, not in the Ukraine, not in Israel--and least of all in my mailbox (so spoken regarding Bronze's observation that the Achilles and Mini-drip are similar in design, neglecting to quote his post and making myself look like a fool).

Move along folks, nothing to see here...

Last edited:

gt_1955

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
South Australia
It's bottom air flow (with AFC) ... the two small holes in the centre of the deck. There are two wick holes, and one fill hole. Simple, easy to build, small and flavourful ;)

Did I mention it's obtainable ... unlike the Achilles?

No I don't have a piccie ATM. I'll have a look when I go home for the weekend. Be warned that I don't take "good" pictures though ...

KiYhXk1.png

Reactions: AndriaD

PoliticallyIncorrect

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
SoCal
Well Thanksgiving has come and gone so my Achilles 2 should be here any day now :)

Did anyone take advantage of the 25% off on TM? Saw it brought the A2 down to 80 euros. I also saw it was sold out.
I saw that in Facebook (FB appears to be the guy's sole means of advertising) but thought better of going in deeper until I have Achilles #1 in hand.

Did yours ever get out of the Kiev city limits?

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

Reactions: MostlySunny
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread