DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
LOL!!! Got it.

I do believe you might find your answers with that question. More than one here have broken into them, but I'm almost certain that @jmarkus might know definitively.

Happy Thanksgiving to all who will celebrate it tomorrow.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Tried this on the authentic thread but no luck...

Is the clownstick body the same as the Xvo on the inside?

waves to @DPLongo22

Woah, Woofers, I do think you're in the right thread here as well. I'm pretty sure there have been a few dissections. :shock:

buergermeester

ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2012
Germany
Kat`d, soft or clicky throw of buttons depending by board or mechanical differences ?
I was embarrassed by this question, because buttons have an own board, but I`ll replace with "Tactile Switches" with 200g of pressure to press. Moreover I ordered awesome EVOLV DNA40 board for Clownstick. It's the taking part that counts! ;-) Happy Thanksgiving!

drugarth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2015
Netherlands, groningen
My fasttech clone has also arrived, but unfortunalty can't compare it with the 3fvape clones just yet as it is DOA.....screen doesn't do anything...but it does fire (lol apparently it was set at high wattage cause it burnt my coil pretty bad).
So it will be a while before that will happen ....gonna make me a FT ticket..:grr:
Luckily it was the one for my GF LOL :lol::blush:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
My fasttech clone has also arrived, but unfortunalty can't compare it with the 3fvape clones just yet as it is DOA.....screen doesn't do anything...but it does fire (lol apparently it was set at high wattage cause it burnt my coil pretty bad).
So it will be a while before that will happen ....gonna make me a FT ticket..:grr:

Sorry, Dru - but I like your attitude.

SHE might not be so fond of it, of course. :laugh:

drugarth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2015
Netherlands, groningen
Sorry, Dru - but I like your attitude.

SHE might not be so fond of it, of course. :laugh:

Ah well she has her other clone to use and is gratefull I handle all the hassle with FT.....so no biggie for her :) and when in a pinch she'll just nicks one off mine :-(
She also ordered a nice Dicodes Dani which had a very nice discount (so also ordered another one for me, my third, don't need it but they were really cheeaaap, and vapocalypse is comming! LOL) so plenty of vape to go around :lol:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia

Welp, that rather suckeths, dru! I think FT is pretty good about doing returns (at least they used to be), and more importantly you have a "few" other devices to vape (not counting the ones your GF is going to ummm.... borrow). ;)

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Pennsylvania
Indeed indeed :) last broken item was replaced without hassle, so it'll probably work out...no worries here. And indeed plenty of choices.....and with these darn sales going on the arsenal keeps expanding LOL :)
just out of curiosity, yer clownstick isnt in "stealth" mode is it? just sumpin you should check before writing it off as a total loss.

drugarth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2015
Netherlands, groningen
just out of curiosity, yer clownstick isnt in "stealth" mode is it? just sumpin you should check before writing it off as a total loss.

no unfortunatly not, I tried the stealth button combo....no dice. And also if it is stealth mode it should still display the "locked" and error messages...but it does nothing.

rhelton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2014
spokane, wa
no unfortunatly not, I tried the stealth button combo....no dice. And also if it is stealth mode it should still display the "locked" and error messages...but it does nothing.
Maybe the screen did not get locked into place and popped out in shipping. I would take a peek inside.

ZeroOhm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
UK
I was embarrassed by this question, because buttons have an own board, but I`ll replace with "Tactile Switches" with 200g of pressure to press. Moreover I ordered awesome EVOLV DNA40 board for Clownstick. It's the taking part that counts! ;-) Happy Thanksgiving!
Please post what manufacturer, and model of switch you will use, most of these small tactile switches the makers don't state the pressure required to operate them. If you can find someone that owns an original Xvo to find out the exact switch they used.

I tried an original Xvo and actually preferred the feel of the tactile switches in my clone ;) the truth is the switches used in the original will be cheap to buy once you can directly source them.

I found the original switches a bit soft to press but the mod is in daily use for the past 6 months.

I will add I modded my clone, all the metal buttons where made completely flat and smooth on the contact side of actuators that presses against the tactile switch, and neoprene used to prevent button rattle.

I would really like to get an original to compare but unless I buy one which is not likely I won't be able to get inside to have a look;), the clone chassis from the looks of it is a direct copy of the original. The sprung loaded 510 is an improvement over the original!

Any real complaints about the clone are down to the crap DNA after trying dozens of clone mods I gave up there is no free lunch with clone DNAs. :)

Picture credit to jmarkus ;)

b0da1c065ab9b32db9732ef097e13b1e.jpg

Vape on!;)

Last edited:

frazz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2010
Rhode Island
Hello all,
So what is the consensus on the non authenics, who sells the "best" one?

Of the ones being sold:
1. Which has a non spring loaded 510?
2. do the clones have the same movement in the display that the authentics have? i.e. you can push it in?
3. do any have the same screws on the bottom as the original.... non Phillips heads?

Hoping to see some in the classifieds soon.

Reactions: DPLongo22

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Hello all,
So what is the consensus on the non authenics, who sells the "best" one?

Of the ones being sold:
1. Which has a non spring loaded 510?
2. do the clones have the same movement in the display that the authentics have? i.e. you can push it in?
3. do any have the same screws on the bottom as the original.... non Phillips heads?

Hoping to see some in the classifieds soon.

My 3F has the same screw placements as the authi, but the screws are Phillips head. It also has a spring loaded pin.

Reactions: Katdarling

buergermeester

ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2012
Germany
Please post what manufacturer, and model of switch you will use, most of these small tactile switches the makers don't state the pressure required to operate them. If you can find someone that owns an original Xvo to find out the exact switch they used.
Vape on!;)
The question we are facing here to find right tactile switches. Unfortunately I cannot compare with authentic Xvo. First step, German Franken Modder sends me two favored sorts, both have approx 200 Gramm pressure force. The right one has shorter lifting to contact-"click" (0.25 mm), that`s great ;-)
IMG_20151129_050419.jpg

I give you feedback after replacement in Clone and specification of tactile switch a.s.a.p.
Vape on!

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
The question we are facing here to find right tactile switches. Unfortunately I cannot compare with authentic Xvo. First step, German Franken Modder sends me two favored sorts, both have approx 200 Gramm pressure force. The right one has shorter lifting to contact-"click" (0.25 mm), that`s great ;-)
View attachment 510118
I give you feedback after replacement in Clone and specification of tactile switch a.s.a.p.
Vape on!

I'm not sure the comparison really matters much, as long as you're happy with them. The authi buttons are certainly nothing to write home about, that's for sure. They're fine, but they won't make anyone week in the knees.

And I'd like to welcome @frazz to The Clownstick Club (Klownstick Klub?).

Lots of good people here, Frazz, who can surely answer just about anything. They've been disassembled and analyzed to the hilt here, so pull up a chair...

:toast:

BoomerFZ1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2014
Pittsburgh, Pa
Okay...got mines but I'm a bit disappointed. Not at all with the form factor and when it works, it's terrific. But it came with a big, ol' dent in the bottom and a screw missing. Sending it back really isn't an option as I might be forced to join AARP before I get a return. But I am going to replace the board as soon as I receive my Kangside Luxury Box.

One thing I AM noticing is it seems to randomly ask if I have a new coil. I only use it in VW mode so I have no clue why it does this. Anyone else having this issue? The battery is virtually new and I keep it tight and the Melo 2 tank I usually use on there is as tight as I feel comfortable with as well. I'm using the Triton 1.8 ohm coils and man, off the subject a bit, there can't be a better tootle vape than this pairing.

Anyhoo...if you do order one, check it when you get as 3F doesn't seem to be too keen at quality control. Peace.

Reactions: DPLongo22

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Okay...got mines but I'm a bit disappointed. Not at all with the form factor and when it works, it's terrific. But it came with a big, ol' dent in the bottom and a screw missing. Sending it back really isn't an option as I might be forced to join AARP before I get a return. But I am going to replace the board as soon as I receive my Kangside Luxury Box.

One thing I AM noticing is it seems to randomly ask if I have a new coil. I only use it in VW mode so I have no clue why it does this. Anyone else having this issue? The battery is virtually new and I keep it tight and the Melo 2 tank I usually use on there is as tight as I feel comfortable with as well. I'm using the Triton 1.8 ohm coils and man, off the subject a bit, there can't be a better tootle vape than this pairing.

Anyhoo...if you do order one, check it when you get as 3F doesn't seem to be too keen at quality control. Peace.

Yes. One of the two we had did that new coil thing. Ironically, the one I have not (packed and leaving) hadn't done it. Although, in fairness, I hadn't pushed it very hard at all. So it may.

Everything else on it was perfect though, so for the $150+ savings, I'd call that a minor inconvenience. I don't like the dent and screw missing, but yours is the first incident of that nature that I've seen. I'd hope it's not widespread.

It might be worth returning. They're not THAT bad (are they?). I'm not sure...

VERY sorry to read this, Boomer. I hope you can get it worked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread