IPV D3 Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tol

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
NY
For those of us sitting in the back row in mod Battery lectures...

Does that mean that one should use (at least) a 30A battery like the Sony VTC4 (30A, 2100mAh)???

(How about if I have NO interest in sub-ohming, NO interest in TC and have yet to ever go over 12Watts. Would it be safe to use the LG HG2 (20A, 3000mAh) for the extra mAh's?)
Those are ranges for the mod itself. You can certainly use a 30A battery, but for a build running at 12 watts you don't likely need anything that high, you can use a higher mAh battery for longer life on a charge. If you have no interest in sub-ohm and no interest in TC, the D3 may be a bit of overkill for you. Typically the higher wattages will be sub-ohm builds. You can use the D3 to tootle puff at low wattages, but there are plenty of other mods that are even cheaper that will do it just fine.

sent using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: gerrymi

Tol

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
NY
Like the D2

Exactly, but the D3 has voltage step down in power mode, which is nice for low wattage puffing. You can switch the D2 into TC mode and do it just fine, but still nice to have that. Then again an iStick 20 watt would work just fine for 12 watts and 1.0 + ohms or just about any other mod, I would go for the highest mAh battery I could get my hands on if that is the only wattage I ever used on a VW mod.

Reactions: gerrymi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread