Dicodes box mod coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asteperious

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2014
uk
For those of you with the No 6 what type of battery life are you getting from the device.

I may be missing something but I am getting a flashing battery but when I put the battery in the charger it's ready 3.8.

It vapes great but I'm not sure what the deal is with the battery. I'm not even getting a half a tank before it starts flashing and it's happened on four different types of cells.

I seem to get about 3000AH out of mine according to the value menu, I've tried the green Effest and the yellow AWT 4500MAH batteries. I've come to the conclusion that 26650s are a bit rubbish really. Not a fault of the mod, just the available batteries aren't up to much.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
I have these and the performance really isn't any different from the others I am using.

I've tried:
Efest IMR 26650 50A BATTERY 3.7v Rechargeable Li-MN 4200mAh
BASEN IMR 26650 HIGH DRAIN 40A / 60A 4500mAh
MXJO 26650 22A 4200mAh Battery
MNKE 26650 3500mAh 30A (good cells)
And Orbtronics but I forget the spec.

They all pretty much perform the same and that's why I was wondering if I issues with my device.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
For those of you with the No 6 what type of battery life are you getting from the device.

I may be missing something but I am getting a flashing battery but when I put the battery in the charger it's ready 3.8.

It vapes great but I'm not sure what the deal is with the battery. I'm not even getting a half a tank before it starts flashing and it's happened on four different types of cells.
Hi Marc,

What is the UbatMin set to? Its in the Extended Function/Mod menu and its the first value you see there. Max is 3.0 on my dicodes tubes. I'm sure you know but this is the minimum voltage allowed under load. 3.0V is the highest and I think 2.5 is the lowest. In your case, even if its set to 3.0 that means you have something like a 0.8V drop from rest during firing which is a lot. Maybe your batt is in not-so-great shape?!?!?

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
I seem to get about 3000AH out of mine according to the value menu, I've tried the green Effest and the yellow AWT 4500MAH batteries. I've come to the conclusion that 26650s are a bit rubbish really. Not a fault of the mod, just the available batteries aren't up to much.
If you are at the highest setting of UbatMin (see my previous post), you will be changing the batt out when it may still have 3.3 or 3.4V left. The mAh rating assumes discharge far below that so you arent doing to badly if you are getting 3000!! For example on a sammy 30Q which is rated at 3000mAh, I'm lucky if I get 2000 by the time i get the low batt error. However if you check the discharge curves, that actually turns out to be about right I think!

Asteperious

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2014
uk
If you are at the highest setting of UbatMin (see my previous post), you will be changing the batt out when it may still have 3.3 or 3.4V left. The mAh rating assumes discharge far below that so you arent doing to badly if you are getting 3000!! For example on a sammy 30Q which is rated at 3000mAh, I'm lucky if I get 2000 by the time i get the low batt error. However if you check the discharge curves, that actually turns out to be about right I think!

I've left my UbatMin at the default 2.7. I vape at lower wattages so my run time isn't too bad. The thing I notice most is the amount of sag you get when firing. It seems a lot less on my Dani Box with an Lg Hg2.

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US
A lot of 26650 aren't quite where 18650 are...most of them are MAYBE 15A continuous too...only a few are rated for a higher continuous (5200mah purple and 4200mah green efests are 15A and 20A respectively...although advertised as much more because they like to state pulse rating).

I'm no battery expert, but I'll find out soon enough if the recommended 40A continuous purples get some decent life...I know my 5200mah Purples (15A continuous, advertised as 50A pulse...hmmmmph) last for a good long time in my Jemit Maximus, and also in a Dunamis and Cernunnos before they were sold on...could just be the chip, or wattage vaped at...I dunno ?!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US
Glad to hear that. I hope these come with adjustable or floating 510 center pins. The Dani & Tiny sure don't :(
These are already out and the price is 199 euros (if you live in the US and get VAT removed, slightly less after shipping).

Creme de Vape has them both in stock, and they do not have the fixed center pin...I'm not exactly sure what kind it is (didn't look to much into it) but like the 2380T and Extrmd V2+, atty gap won't be an issue ;)

I believe from Creme de Vape my final shipped price was around $210 for the No. 6...the Dani Box would be exactly the same.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
Hi Marc,

What is the UbatMin set to? Its in the Extended Function/Mod menu and its the first value you see there. Max is 3.0 on my dicodes tubes. I'm sure you know but this is the minimum voltage allowed under load. 3.0V is the highest and I think 2.5 is the lowest. In your case, even if its set to 3.0 that means you have something like a 0.8V drop from rest during firing which is a lot. Maybe your batt is in not-so-great shape?!?!?

Thanks for the response Steve. I set the UbatMin at 2.5 and just pulled the Orbtronics 5200 MAH out and stuck it in the charger. It read 3.85 volts remaining so something isn't right with this picture. I had the same results with my MNKE 26650 3500mAh.

All the cells are brand new so they may need a couple cycles but for all of the 26650's I have (new) to be flashing with 3.85 V left just seems a little odd to me.

subwayaznm

A Geek with a Cool slice
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2016
USA
These are already out and the price is 199 euros (if you live in the US and get VAT removed, slightly less after shipping).

Creme de Vape has them both in stock, and they do not have the fixed center pin...I'm not exactly sure what kind it is (didn't look to much into it) but like the 2380T and Extrmd V2+, atty gap won't be an issue ;)

I believe from Creme de Vape my final shipped price was around $210 for the No. 6...the Dani Box would be exactly the same.

How do you go about getting a VAT Tax removed? And thanks for that info

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Thanks for the response Steve. I set the UbatMin at 2.5 and just pulled the Orbtronics 5200 MAH out and stuck it in the charger. It read 3.85 volts remaining so something isn't right with this picture. I had the same results with my MNKE 26650 3500mAh.

All the cells are brand new so they may need a couple cycles but for all of the 26650's I have (new) to be flashing with 3.85 V left just seems a little odd to me.

Not good :( I mean thats well over 1V drop. Might be the mod is faulty. Hard to believe the batts are that screwed. After 500 cycles maybe but not new...Maybe @Mooch could advise?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread