Ended Win again! 100 x Movkin Luggy VT60W & 100 Mini's up for grabs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GPC2012

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Reedley Ca
Spam Spam Spam Spam wonderful Spam!
[URL='http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjr8cSKm_XKAhUB5mMKHZInDboQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Flibertygb.org.uk%2Fnews%2Fwhen-muslims-eat-spam-bill-warner-necessity-and-obligation&bvm=bv.114195076,d.cGc&psig=AFQjCNG7MhM_kvcjHfxpt0VuGOa_3i8aFg&ust=1455469081325068']
spam.jpg
[/URL]

JoanJ

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2014
WV
I.. LOVE! Costco. SO many good things there. Cheap by the ounce, pricey in SIZES. Being a membership warehouse, they CANNOT make ANY money on the products they sell. It's the rules. They can only charge what it cost, plus what it takes to operate the store. So you ARE buying at cost. The only place they are allowed to make money, is on membership sales. That's the setup.

The buyers are SUPER picky about what they buy. It isn't a deal for most of the electronic stuffs, you can find it cheaper online, don't know why. But everything else? TOP quality, and the SWEETEST return policies.

And the Kirkland branded stuff? I laughed about being able to get Amazon to send me toilet paper on a schedule, free shipping too. Well, we got the first shipment. I went to put it on the shelf, where some Kirkland already sat. Pretty much the same price for a 6 pack of rolls.

I almost fell over. Not only was the Northern 20% narrower, it was about 30% thinner too. Looked on the package. Costco, 317 sq. ft., Northern 117 sq ft. ?!!?!?

But most of all, what I love about Costco, is that they pay their employees a LIVING WAGE. With BENEFITS. And they are treated with respect by their employer, and they respect the customers as a result. Yes, WE pay for that, in the prices, but they can do it and STILL be competitive with Wally World who HOSES their people to no end. All while Sam Walton gets fatter and fatter (money wise).

It is a fabulous business model, and so I support it.
My closest Costco is about 3-3.5 hrs away in Pittsburgh PA. YES, I make the trip when needed but with hubby travelling so much, I generally give him a list and he goes for me as long as no freezer stuff.

I think my next bathtub is gonna be a Costco one and perhaps the flooring too.

You can tell they treat employees well as I have gone to the same store in a big city for over 3 yrs and see many of the same faces.

Yesterday I sliced up one of their turkey breasts. Guess I should get a slicer but a knife works fine. Tastes like the $6-$7 deli stuff and got for about half and spent a little time slicing.

Bread flour and yeast keep this house running. Their pizzas are a steal and really good, just a tiny bit large for my new oven, they do better stuffed peppers than I do but need cooked a lot longer than they say and a little extra sauce. I think I have 4 of their 5 lb bags of chix breasts in freezer and the list goes on. Mustn't forget their sox and undies... haven't tried their beer but wanna just because it is Costco brand.

GPC2012

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Reedley Ca
I did it again this year. Wednesday or Thursday I was talking with someone about the 12th being my 2 year anniversary here. and on the 12th I forget all about it

HEY EVERYBODY MY 2 YEAR ANNIVERSERY WAS YESTERDAY, I BEEN ANNOOYING PEOPLE HERE FOR OVER 2 YEARS NOW
:toast::toast::toast::toast::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::laugh::laugh::laugh:

JoanJ

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2014
WV
Yikes! That's a lot of snow! Stay warm.
Nah... have had way more than this here and used to Alaska winters. I just plan ahead and stock the house like a grocery store mid Nov.

My mom hates it because she feels I need to run errands for her several times a week since she doesn't drive or even walk to her own mailbox. She goes through more groceries in a week alone than we do for a family of 3. She is sorta adapting to me not coming off the hill for weeks at a time but she makes life miserable when I finally do :D

Rednaxela1987

Jul 15, 2015
Olympia, WA

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
Wascally Wabbit!
I remember seeing an old Sylvester and Tweety Pie cartoon years ago where at the end Sylvester blew his head off with a gun. And to think we oldies grew up with that violence and nothing was thought of it. It was just a cartoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread