Not open for further replies.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
What is a "paper gap"?

I was going to ask that, but I thought maybe I was the only one who didn't know.

Two_glasses.gif

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
In case he doesn't see your question, it's a P3 threaded Kabuki, with an etched glass tank.
:thumbs:

The etching is a dragon. I don't know why I bother as when I leave I take SS. To impress company that doesn't care, I guess.

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
Reactions: AstroTurf

scotdc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2015
Vegas, Baby
It's real alright...

Talked to dude again today that sent it. He said sales went up 200%, they upped their price to $129.99 and all they have left is the polished silver.

I got what I wanted for only $99.99 and yes, I'm giving credit to The Lord and that person who originally posted the link. :thumbs:

View attachment 550788
I missed it by about a day or two. I put a Satin Black in my cart and paid $109 for it. Got a call the next day... "sorry, we're out of black." Day-um!!

{Sean}

Feb 26, 2016
The paper gap is the gap that is between the P3 and Kabuki's that has occurred on some P3's.

I had this on my GMZ, UK buy Feb 2015, so not that old. Everything worked but if you held the P3 up to the light you could see a very tiny gap, paper thin.

Didn't bother me so just left it. As I had problems with the P3 electrics a month ago I mentioned this to Kim and my returned P3 was fixed and the electrics were sorted and the gap.

I don't think its a big deal, not perfect but would Vape the same as a P3 without the gap.

Must say a big thanks to Kim who was fantastic dealing with me as I'm in the UK not so easy on the phone and Provape for doing a great fix. Cheers

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
:thumbs:

The etching is a dragon. I don't know why I bother as when I leave I take SS. To impress company that doesn't care, I guess.

Same reason we like lights on our PVs.

It all adds to the enjoyment and keeps us off the cigs.

So dress 'em up!

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
Here you go. Pics or it doesn't happen. It never bothered me on my P3 and it doesn't bother me on my Procyon.

Top pic looks normal. Bottom pic shows the teeny tiny gap:

f5f8e7b73e9483139fcc0153f363993c.jpg

2acc82bbdbb4b8450863bab4419d8fb4.jpg
Ohhhh that. Did you get any of those spacers to hide the gap? I think it was Duane who posted about them.

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
No I didn't. It just doesn't bother me in the least.
I tend to agree, function over form. HOWEVER... What did the two of those pieces cost? Together? Both sold on ProVape's site?
Just me holding my two favorite vape companies feet to the fire. :tumble:

Great pics, btw. :thumbs:

Oh, and just a refresher for all you new kids, I vape with nothing other than ProVari's and Kabuki's. :thumb:

EDIT: In further contemplating my reply, I want to state that if the paper gap is somehow a necessary evil to obtain perfect and flawless operation in 100% of this vaping nirvana being sold, so be it. Is has not been and is not a deal breaker for me, obviously....
:banana:

Last edited:

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I tend to agree, function over form. HOWEVER... What did the two of those pieces cost? Together? Both sold on ProVape's site?

Oh, and just a refresher for all you new kids, I vape with nothing other than ProVari's and Kabuki's. :thumb:

EDIT: In further contemplating my reply, I want to state that if the paper gap is somehow a necessary evil to obtain perfect and flawless operation in 100% of this vaping nirvana being sold, so be it. Is has not been and is not a deal breaker for me, obviously....
I would much prefer a small gap than an Open Post error, a small gap can be ignored or dealt with...

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL

I I truly think we loyal can be overly OCD. Lord knows I am. But in this case the teeny tiny, oh so small gap is only noticeable because someone pointed it out once and I went a'looking for it on my device. I gave mine to Charlie and suggested he look for the gap (which TBH, one has to hold at just the right level/angle and with some light behind it and he honestly thought I'd lost my mind and was seeing something that doesn't exist. Even when I pointed it out, he couldn't see it. To your last comment, maybe it is or isn't on purpose. To me, it's just so infinitesimally small it's just not an issue.

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
I I truly think we loyal can be overly OCD. Lord knows I am. But in this case the teeny tiny, oh so small gap is only noticeable because someone pointed it out once and I went a'looking for it on my device. I gave mine to Charlie and suggested he look for the gap (which TBH, one has to hold at just the right level/angle and with some light behind it and he honestly thought I'd lost my mind and was seeing something that doesn't exist. Even when I pointed it out, he couldn't see it. To your last comment, maybe it is or isn't on purpose. To me, it's just so infinitesimally small it's just not an issue.
I'm glad we have a place (forum) whereas we can get together and discuss/share these sort of things.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
:D:D
Or maybe the damned things function so well that we have nothing else to complain about? ;)

Personally, I don't notice the gap with any of my Kabukis/Provaris. On the other hand, a Subtank Nano on a 2.5? Reminds me of Sandra Bernhard's smile. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread