Indiana Call to Action - Stop the Monopoly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
I think it was the Abdul At Large show. His blog has a short text about it, but I can't find the audio that goes into detail.

I've met Abdul once. He seemed like one of those people that would be fun to hang out with...especially if cigars and liquor were part of the equation. Not your stereotypical lawyer personally!

NanW

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2012
Hawaii
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: No need for "bumping", especially as this hasn't moved from the first page

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Please do not violate copyright laws.

KODIAK (TM)

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2014
Dead Moose, AK
— and if this current statute is found to be inadequate, then legislators should consider revising the law next session

Yeah, you bet. Until then 290 retailers can simply close shop and continue to pay their lease. And also, keep folks employed. Take vacations everyone... rest up.

LOL!

Stupid-azzed, ivory-towered politicians and their notion as to how the working class operates. And they wonder why their antics get challenged in court?

This is rich. I love these developments and I truly hope the Indiana legislature implodes.

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Please do not violate copyright laws.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Sponsor: Indiana's new e-liquid law a 'mistake'

We are up to "mistake", but not willing to work with the Hoosier Vapors who he laughed at when we told him face-to-face this law would do exactly what it has done. Guess it takes more than the FBI digging through your stuff to actually mean he wants correct his mistake.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Sponsor: Indiana's new e-liquid law a 'mistake'

We are up to "mistake", but not willing to work with the Hoosier Vapors who he laughed at when we told him face-to-face this law would do exactly what it has done. Guess it takes more than the FBI digging through your stuff to actually mean he wants correct his mistake.

Gee, talk about walking Both Sides of the Fence.

First you Push for a State Enacted Monopolist piece of Crony Legislation which you know will Utterly Decimate an Industry. Then you do a PR 180 and say... "Oh my gosh. We Made a Mistake." and play the Savior Role of making Everything Right.

Everything right that is after the Market has Collapsed. And Owners and Employees are talking about things while standing in an Unemployment Line.

Save this date to your Calendar. November 8th 2018.

That is the date Indiana Vapers can shown Ron Alting just what they think of him.

Alting.jpg

KODIAK (TM)

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2014
Dead Moose, AK
First you Push for a State Enacted Monopolist piece of Crony Legislation which you know will Utterly Decimate an Industry. Then you do a PR 180 and say...
I honestly believe most all of these geniuses really don't know what's in the legislation they're passing. What's funny is they actually believe they should get a "pass" for being stupid, lazy, ignorant and "special".

And even more funny is they usually get one come next election cycle simply because they have an "R" or "D" branded next to their name.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Alting was one that knew exactly what he was pushing. There were half a dozen that knew exactly what they were doing and "not revealing everything" to their fellow assembly members.

(I'm told that saying a general assembly member lies will have all their fellow members come to their defense, so I'm not saying he lies. I leave judgment up to fellow ECF'ers.)

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Alting was one that knew exactly what he was pushing. There were half a dozen that knew exactly what they were doing and "not revealing everything" to their fellow assembly members.

(I'm told that saying a general assembly member lies will have all their fellow members come to their defense, so I'm not saying he lies. I leave judgment up to fellow ECF'ers.)

They're politicians. Of COURSE they lie.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I'd be interested in your honest opinion of whether or not Pence knew what he was signing.
And knowing you, I trust your opinion would be honest, even if you don't have one.
:)

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I honestly believe most all of these geniuses really don't know what's in the legislation they're passing. ...

I think this is a Very Convenient Out for Legislators. And something they would Like EVERY Voter to believe.

If a State Legislator ever uses the Excuse that they did Not Know what was in a piece of Legislation, or if a State Governor ever Claimed He/She did Not Understand what He/She was signing into Law, then they should be Summarily Removed from Office for Dereliction of their Elected Responsibilities.

Friday13th

Vaping since Friday 13th of July 2012
Supporting Member
Nov 13, 2015
Living a Dodge life in Oklahoma
I'd be interested in your honest opinion of whether or not Pence knew what he was signing.
And knowing you, I trust your opinion would be honest, even if you don't have one.
:)

I would also like to know if Gov. Pence knew what he was signing.

Since he's running for VP, and he's claiming to want to reduce gov't regs and interference in our lives/businesses, and his facebook pages are plastered with his concerns/accomplishents for Hoosier small businesses, I want to know why he would sign this!

I see where he was petitioned by Indiana vapers and shop owners to veto this. And the rally at the statehouse, and the Chamber of Commerce got involved. How would he NOT know what he was signing.

I can see it on the national news: VP Candidate Pence, along with corrupt Indiana politicians are under investigation by the FBI for knowingly creating a corrupt monopoly and killing small businesses.

I emailed Pence a couple of weeks ago about this. Not a peep. Not even a 'thanks for your email' or a form letter or anything.

I know - I'm not from Indiana, but this affects us all if he ends up as VP.

Is it too late for him to fix this? UNsign this?

Rant over.

Last edited:

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I think this is a Very Convenient Out for Legislators. And something they would Like EVERY Voter to believe.

If a State Legislator ever uses the Excuse that they did Not Know what was in a piece of Legislation, or if a State Governor ever Claimed He/She did Not Understand what He/She was signing into Law, then they should be Summarily Removed from Office for Dereliction of their Elected Responsibilities.
There is no doubt in my mind that state legislators vote on bills that they have not read, and do not understand. I also believe that should be grounds for removal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread