Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
I'm not sure I should at this point.

If we cannot stop this, it will be the only company that vape shops and liquid producers could use. Imagine having to buy service from a government protected monopoly that is required to stay in business and then add an animosity created from ...... off vapors.

Not saying everything a ...... off vaper could do to them would be unjustified, but it could create a difficult business arrangement for the shops that have to do business with them.

The company is not secret and is on a number of public records so if folks want to know, it's not hard for someone with decent webfu to find.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
1393 was dead last I heard. It was one of our lobbying efforts.

HB1386 has legs and an amendment to it that we are pushing for could allow other security companies to comply with the law. As it stands now the ATC has stated on record that no company complies with the law. The current bill would allow one company to comply, which is the same company that helped push for the law in the first place.

Reactions: LaraC

Sir Kadly

Tootle Wompin' Squonkaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2015
    Michiana
    From my supposed lawmaker:
    Thank you for taking a moment to share your support for Senator Boots' amendment to House Bill 1386, which would have extended the deadline from July 1, 2016 to December 31, 2016. The amendment was to offered to continue the spirit of the free-market system. The amendment was defeated 31-19.

Once again, thank you for your participation in the legislative process. As the Indiana General Assembly prepares to wrap up state business by the March 14, 2016 deadline, I hope you will contact me with any questions or comments you might have.

Sincerely,

Jim Arnold, State Senator

Hoosier

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 26, 2010
    Indiana

squee

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 12, 2013
    Central CT
    That was a good piece @Hoosier but I don't know if it's in time to do any good.

Question for you - if no security company in state complies with the requirements, how will that large liquid manufacturer that was involved with getting the law/regs passed in the first place be able to produce any product? (Monument? or Indy something? Sorry , brain freeze atm)

Also, I have to add my nomination for the stupidest comment in that article:

Sen. Carlin Yoder, R-Middlebury, said the Legislature “has to limit it in some way at some point.”

WTF does that even mean? Why?

Hoosier

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 26, 2010
    Indiana
    Well, Yoder was the primary force in the state senate behind the original bill and has announced his retirement. Guess his 401k is filled up now...

The bill that did not get amended changes some wording that allows the company in the article to comply. Just that company. They helped push the original bill too. Maybe helped out a retirement account or two?

Reactions: Sir Kadly

skoony

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 31, 2013
    saint paul,mn,usa
    Well, Yoder was the primary force in the state senate behind the original bill and has announced his retirement. Guess his 401k is filled up now...

The bill that did not get amended changes some wording that allows the company in the article to comply. Just that company. They helped push the original bill too. Maybe helped out a retirement account or two?
    I am not a lawyer. This whole thing begs the question, has anyone contacted the Indiana
    or US Attorney Generals office. This all appears to be blatant in your face cronyism.
    Are things so far gone there they need no pretext of serving the public good? Even
    Illinois has the common sense to jail those that commit obvious political faux pas.
    They're stealing the states lunch money right in front of the hall monitors.
    :mad:
    Mike

Reactions: EBates

Sir Kadly

Tootle Wompin' Squonkaholic
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2015
    Michiana
    I am not a lawyer. This whole thing begs the question, has anyone contacted the Indiana
    or US Attorney Generals office. This all appears to be blatant in your face cronyism.
    Are things so far gone there they need no pretext of serving the public good? Even
    Illinois has the common sense to jail those that commit obvious political faux pas.
    They're stealing the states lunch money right in front of the hall monitors.
    :mad:
    Mike
    I don't know the details, but I do know a lawsuit was filed a couple months ago. Hoosier can provide more details on that than I can, I'm sure.

I'm really not as in the know as I should be about this whole situation and am trying to educate myself through a combination of the Hoosier Vapers website and what info I can find out from my local shop (Indigo).

Hoosier

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 26, 2010
    Indiana
    The Indiana AG held a press conference and said we needed to regulate ecigs a few weeks before the original bills started up last year.... What kind of traction do you think going to the AG is going to produce?

It's all about, what some call, The Old Boys Club. If you are a member, things go your way. If you're not, well, hopefully you can find enough money in the gutter to file a lawsuit. Vapers are not in the club.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread