Status
Not open for further replies.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Every time i read UlteMod (which I think looks best) in my head, I hear it pronounced like
upload_2016-12-2_13-25-16.jpeg

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
that's a magnetic charging adapter. it's a tiny little plug that plugs into a usb charging port, and then the charging cable also has a magnetic end, so it's a self finding easy magnetic connection instead of having to fiddle around with lining up and inserting a usb plug each time, just like the magnetic charging cable that's on a macbook :)

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
wow ok I guess my timing kinda sucks here for my first real batch release being just a few weeks before christmas :lol: several people on the list are not ready for mods at the moment because of this, which I guess is 100% understandable, NOT complaining at all, I'm just going to be moving down the list and then come back to those in the next batch :)

also since I'm kinda new to this whole mod making journey here I'm still learning, and one thing I'm learning here is that it might actually be a good idea to try to get some kind of other contact info for anyone that gets on a list here other than just relying on PM's, because it seems there are some people who don't frequent ECF on a daily or even weekly basis, so I still have several replies that I'm waiting for from people who haven't been online too recently. I don't really want to skip over anyone here, but then again I don't want to waste a whole lot of time waiting around for replies either and hold up those that are ready, especially this time of year where the reply may likely be that they're not ready at the moment, so I'm going to give it through the weekend to see what other replies I get here but it looks like I'm going to need to move through the list a bit, so if you are a little further down the list I may still be contacting you soon :)

wouldn't that be a real kick, I finally get my first real batch ready and no one wants them now :lol: I'm still guessing/hoping that their are still at least some people further down the list that may still be able to commit even this time of year, it's gonna start to get too cold out there for me to be homeless come january :p

Last edited:

rudy4653

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
CT
It's too bad you need to try and track people down. It seems that if your on a list for a custom high end mod that you would at least monitor the activity and have the courtesy of contacting you if they are not going to commit. Not only is it a hassle for you but also for others trying to plan their budgets or really chomping at the bit to get one for Christmas present. I know it may sound cold but hey as the saying goes "you snooze you loose"! I would send out PMs to those on the list and if no reply then they go to the bottom of the list! I know you don't want to disappoint them but hey, if they don't have a sense of urgency to contact you then they must not want the mod bad enough. I'm sure a lot of people further down the list would jump for joy if they knew they could get their mod of distinction earlier! I know that it's a tough time of year financially with the holidays coming up but it's tough for you too as you need to generate income for the holidays as well. Sometimes being too nice and considerate of others can bite you in the azz as people on the other end are not as considerate as you. Thus another saying "nice guys finish last. Just my :2c:

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
rudy I hear what you're saying but not everyone is as dedicated to ECF as you and I may be. I don't want to fault anyone because they choose to not spend hours every day here on a forum. plus lets not forget that this list started over 4 months ago too, so anyone may have been really hot for something at the time and then things or situations may have changed for them, so really I don't mean to complain here, just stating the situation so others here know where I'm at is all :) plus my timing I guess does kind of suck being right smack in the middle of the holiday season

I've said from the beginning that if anyone is not ready when their turn comes up then no problem, I can always just come back to you. same thing goes for anyone that may want off the list or change their mind here too. I'm not looking to twist anyones arm here to buy a mod from me, I only want someone to buy a mod from me if they really want what I have to offer I guess. yeah this does make actual planning a little more difficult on my end and now with this most recent development of the squonk hole choices I guess that kinda complicates things here too, but I really don't find anyone else at fault here. like I said I'm still learning here, guess this just goes with the territory :)

in the beginning I wasn't really so sure if I should go with a list format here or just post up mods as they become available on a first come first serve basis but I thought that a list would be the most logical thing to do and the most fair for all, especially for those who don't happen to spend hours each day hawking the site. I still feel that way, I should just in the future make sure that I have a way to contact people for an answer I guess... it's very likely that a few of those I'm waiting for a response from have no idea of this at this point and I can't really say that's their fault I guess.

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
I also did kinda keep everyone waiting till the last minute to be able to show the squonk hole options here, so I wasn't really able to nail down anyones commitment way ahead of time because I needed to be able to show their actual choices here to them first too... in the future I could start to contact those who would be next up a few weeks in advance and not have it be a last minute rush to try and get everything nailed down in just a few days... I blame myself for more than I blame anyone else.

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
nah man, I got no problem with my ECF people and want to give them first priority on there share of what I'm building. like I said this is probably more my fault than anyone else, and there are a few people here coming through too so it's all good. again I really didn't mean to sound like I was complaining at all because I'm not, not at all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread