Shaking methods

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
I use the Liquid Barn electric (Battery) powered mixer and I give it a shake or two when I check on the resting or aging if you will.

Frother_1024x1024.jpg

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
... Is manual labor that hard? ...

By Hand? Say What?

That's Old School. This isn't 2012 or something, this is 2017. And that means that Shaking should be done by some Powered Appliance. Preferably with LEDS lights and an LCD Display. Upgradable Firmware that can be done Wirelessly from a Smartphone is a Plus also.

;)

Last edited:

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
By Hand? Say What?

That's Old School. This isn't 2012 or something, this is 2017. And that means that Shaking should be done by some Powered Appliance. Preferably with LEDS lights and an LCD Display. Upgradable Firmware that can be down Wirelessly from a Smartphone is a Plus also.

;)

LMFAOROTF

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I use plain old elbow power and shake the bottle myself, on all my eliquids that are shake and vape...ones good to go as soon as made. I usually only let my eliquids that have any cream flavorings in them "age" naturally for alittle while (about 3 days of shaking a few times a day), and then they're good to go, too.

For 2 recipes I make that have custard flavorings in them...I did use my little Norpro Cordless Mini Mixer several months ago on them, as soon as I made them, just to see if it made any difference. Using it did speed up the normal 2-3 week aging time usually needed for them, down to only about 4-5 days, and they were both great.

Sylvie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2010
USA
manual labor, basically just twirl my mixes by hand when i remember to do so. why? honestly because i have gotten lazy and don't want extra crap to clean up...but, after reading JC's comment am going to have to make an exception for custards!

I use plain old elbow power and shake the bottle myself, on all my eliquids that are shake and vape...ones good to go as soon as made. I usually only let my eliquids that have any cream flavorings in them "age" naturally for alittle while (about 3 days of shaking a few times a day), and then they're good to go, too.

For 2 recipes I make that have custard flavorings in them...I did use my little Norpro Cordless Mini Mixer several months ago on them, as soon as I made them, just to see if it made any difference. Using it did speed up the normal 2-3 week aging time usually needed for them, down to only about 4-5 days, and they were both great.

4-5 days for custard mixes!! **off to buy this magical Norpro mini mixer you speak of**

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
I have done it all, frothers, lab beakers with magnetic stirrers, ultrasonic, and more.

I found I was over thinking it. A couple of good shakes by hand does just as well as any of the above. On the few flavors that benefit from aging, an occasional shake by hand every day or three does the trick.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
**off to buy this magical Norpro mini mixer you speak of**

I bought the Norpro Deluxe Cordless Mini Mixer because a good friend (another ECF member) uses it for his DIY and highly recommended it. It comes with 4 different attachments, one of which will even fit inside the eliquid bottle to mix it. I bought it on eBay for less than $7 with Free S/H. Can't remember the exact seller now, but here's a couple listings for it.

One US seller's listing for it, at just $5.92 with free S/H:

Norpro Cordless Mini Hand Mixer For Small Jobs Around The Kitchen White 2273 New | eBay

Another US seller with higher feedback %, and has sold more of them, but at $7.72 with Free S/H:

Norpro Deluxe Mini Mixer Cordless Kitchen Drink Frother Cappuccino Latte 2273 | eBay

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
By Hand? Say What?

That's Old School. This isn't 2012 or something, this is 2017. And that means that Shaking should be done by some Powered Appliance. Preferably with LEDS lights and an LCD Display. Upgradable Firmware that can be done Wirelessly from a Smartphone is a Plus also.

;)

I've thought about designing some sort of bottle holder to install on my riding mower engine to shake while I cut grass. A couple hours of that ought to do it if the bottles don't shatter.

I do the Maraca shake with my bottles...

images

Last edited:

Sylvie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2010
USA
I bought the Norpro Deluxe Cordless Mini Mixer because a good friend (another ECF member) uses it for his DIY and highly recommended it. It comes with 4 different attachments, one of which will even fit inside the eliquid bottle to mix it. I bought it on eBay for less than $7 with Free S/H. Can't remember the exact seller now, but here's a couple listings for it.

One US seller's listing for it, at just $5.92 with free S/H:

Norpro Cordless Mini Hand Mixer For Small Jobs Around The Kitchen White 2273 New | eBay

Another US seller with higher feedback %, and has sold more of them, but at $7.72 with Free S/H:

Norpro Deluxe Mini Mixer Cordless Kitchen Drink Frother Cappuccino Latte 2273 | eBay

thanks, i found one on Amazon for 5.70 after posting here :)
wow look forward to being able to use it 'inside' a bottle, that will be perfect for me.

fiddleshe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I don't know how much shaking or steeping I'm going to have to be doing yet. A lot of my recipes are shake and vape. I can't remember which ones. Here are my recipes:
Mother's milk clone
Apple jacks and milk
Andes mints
Birthday cake
Pina colada

The first 2 I am guessing might need a lot of shaking and steeping. But you guys know more than I do at this point.

fiddleshe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I've thought about designing some sort of bottle holder to install on my riding mower engine to shake while I cut grass. A couple hours of that ought to do it if the bottles don't shatter.

I do the Maraca shake with my bottles...

images
You have that much grass to cut? I feel sorry for you. No wonder you have a riding mower. Hopefully you have some place to hold your vape while you mow.

Reactions: JCinFLA

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
I slide the bottle into a wrist band that I wear while playing Stairway to Heaven on guitar. The strumming patterns and picking styles throughout the song really bring out the subtleties within the ejuice. with the added bonus of being semisonic...who need supersonic cleaners when you can make music while mixing!?

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
You have that much grass to cut? I feel sorry for you. No wonder you have a riding mower. Hopefully you have some place to hold your vape while you mow.

2.25 acres. it's actually something I look forward to. I use Work tunes headphones and listen to talk radio while I ride!

I keep my iStick in one of the cup holders and cold iced tea in the other.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
2.25 acres. it's actually something I look forward to. I use Work tunes headphones and listen to talk radio while I ride!

Well, since you look forward to mowing...you wanna come down here? I have 8.5 acres of pasture and 1.5 acres of yard. Have 2 Kubotas I use on it - 1 oldie-but-goodie B2400 tractor with a 60" mid-mount mower for the pastures (bushhog cuts it too ragged for my liking), and a smaller G1800 with a 48" mid-mount deck on it for the yard. Both have HST so they're easy to use. You could listen to lots of your tunes and talk radio then! I'd even put 2 cupholders on each one for you, so your vape could ride in safety!

Just imagine how many bottles of eliquids you could put on those to shake them up while mowing! :thumbs:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Well, since you look forward to mowing...you wanna come down here? I have 8.5 acres of pasture and 1.5 acres of yard. Have 2 Kubotas I use on it - 1 oldie-but-goodie B2400 tractor with a 60" mid-mount mower for the pastures (bushhog cuts it too ragged for my liking), and a smaller G1800 with a 48" mid-mount deck on it for the yard. Both have HST so they're easy to use. You could listen to lots of your tunes and talk radio then! I'd even put 2 cupholders on each one for you, so your vape could ride in safety!

Just imagine how many bottles of eliquids you could put on those to shake them up while mowing! :thumbs:

You need a few turf munching animals for that spread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread