mixing with a Dremel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Running Wolf

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2011
North East Ohio
After letting some juice gas out for a day I attached a flat toothpick to the end of my Dremel and stirred up the juice. I did the same with some just made juice. I think it may speed up the steeping process. I know it defiantly got a bit darker within a few hours of the tiny air bubbles working their way out.

I know for gassing out ammonia, nitrates, nitrite, and chlorine from a fish tank that the key is water movement. Figure the micro-bubbles cause my mixing with the Dremel cause more movement than just shaking it by hand.

Anyone else try this method with success? I'm new to the DIY mixing but so far it seems to have worked like a champ. It's brought out the smells of the flavors used and darkened up the juice a bit sooner than what most people have been saying (time wise).

Be interested in some feed back.

Running Wolf

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2011
North East Ohio
You do have to be careful if you've got almost 3ml in a 3ml bottle. :) It more oozes up the sides and out the top than anything else.

With the heat thing, heard it can burn the nicotine out... and my worry is if it will leech out chemicals from the plastic. I'm gonna be hitting up some RY4 I mixed yesterday or the day before and see if it has reached a decent level of flavor yet. :)

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

With the heat thing, heard it can burn the nicotine out... and my worry is if it will leech out chemicals from the plastic. ...

Why don't you just use Glass Bottles with Dropper Tops.

BRA1d.jpg

Amber Boston Round Glass Bottle 1 oz w/ Dropper

Kinda the Best of All Worlds.

m_xmas.jpg

Running Wolf

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2011
North East Ohio
The glass bottles are on my list of things to get when I start having a bit more cash coming in :)

A few days to let the juice sit? I'm the type of guy that stands in front of the microwave yelling at the baked potato to hurry up and cook..... Funny explaining it to younger people, I sound like my grandfather used to be "Back in my day we had to wait an hour for a potato to bake in the over. We didn't have a magic box that cooked them in 5 minutes".

I'm just figuring that the steeping process is a matter of out gassing the alcohol and oxidation of the nicotine, which can be hurried along a bit by some motion. I knew I should have paid more attention in chemistry class. :)

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I've long been an advocate of incorporating power tools in my cooking. Ol' redneck I guess. I've drilled holes in frozen briskets with a small drill bit to aid the seasoning before putting it in the smoker. Chucked an egg beater in an electric drill. Cut racks of ribs apart with a sabre saw. I can see this being useful for juice mixing.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
The glass bottles are on my list of things to get when I start having a bit more cash coming in :)

A few days to let the juice sit? I'm the type of guy that stands in front of the microwave yelling at the baked potato to hurry up and cook..... Funny explaining it to younger people, I sound like my grandfather used to be "Back in my day we had to wait an hour for a potato to bake in the over. We didn't have a magic box that cooked them in 5 minutes".

I'm just figuring that the steeping process is a matter of out gassing the alcohol and oxidation of the nicotine, which can be hurried along a bit by some motion. I knew I should have paid more attention in chemistry class. :)

Glass is the Only way to go. And the Dropper Tops makes Filling Cartos/Atty Carts a Snap.

I don't see Aging e-Liquids so much as De-Gassing, though I'm not saying that it doesn't work. More like when Spaghetti Sauce or Chilli Tastes Better the next day.

But if you are they type that thinks your Microwave is too Slow go with the Dremel. Kinda an Electric Swiszle Stick.

m_xmas.jpg

Running Wolf

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2011
North East Ohio
*lol* would you laugh I say when I make a huge batch of cookie dough I make it in a 5 gallon bucket and attach a mud beater (for mixing joint compound) to a drill?... I've burnt out a mixer or two making a batch that makes 8 dozen cookies.

Actually with the chili and sauce it's the dry herbs and spices getting hydrated as well as components rendering down. Seems like no one is sure why it happens to juice. Outgassing is only a guess on my part.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
*lol* would you laugh I say when I make a huge batch of cookie dough I make it in a 5 gallon bucket and attach a mud beater (for mixing joint compound) to a drill?... I've burnt out a mixer or two making a batch that makes 8 dozen cookies.

Laugh? I would say Right On.

I didn't go to college the year after I graduated from High School. I worked in a Restaurant to make money for a Mountaineering Trip is was going to be part of.

Doing prep, we used a Corded Drill and a Stainless Steel Paint Stirrer to Mix all kinds of things from Scrambled Egg to Cake Batter. Can't see why a Person shouldn't do this at home.

Now carving the Christmas Turkey with a Saws-All and a Bi-Metal Blade might be Overkill but what the heck. Sure gets the Job Done Quick.

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
When DIYing my nicquids, I generally suck-squirt the finished concoction with my syringe a few times, then I stick it in the microwave for 15-20 seconds. The nicquid aerates and gasses bubble up. I use a couple different tempered glass containers for mixing and heating. After it cools enough to not melt plastic, I transfer the syzurp to a plastic bottle with cap and shake the ____ outta it. After about an hour the bubbles have risen and it's ready to vape.

Some are worried about heating nicquids, but I've been happy with my 18mg being close if not spot-on to my happy place.

*Watch the nicquid for any more than 10 seconds. It gets cloudy and then it come to a rapid boil quickly!

Running Wolf

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2011
North East Ohio
Well some RY4 I did last night.... RY4 flavor, 100% VG nic/VG cut, and some drops of vodka..... processed with the dremel is a bit mild but very vapeable today. Trying to get the right ratio worked out.

Hehehe, why do I get the feeling Tom Allen would be proud of this thread?

Also half way tempted to try to get a small DC motor and make a Ferris Wheel type mixer. Put the juice on there over night and see if it helps with mixing/steeping. Too fast a spin and centrifugal force will separate it.

It's turning into a science experiment for me. All I need now is some alchemist books and a bunch of lead to turn into gold :).

I figure for making cookies I can either shell out a few $100 for a professional grade mixer or use a drill. Sort of a no brainer for me because a drill can have a few more functions than mixing :)

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
Well some RY4 I did last night.... RY4 flavor, 100% VG nic/VG cut, and some drops of vodka..... processed with the dremel is a bit mild but very vapeable today. Trying to get the right ratio worked out.

Hehehe, why do I get the feeling Tom Allen would be proud of this thread?

Also half way tempted to try to get a small DC motor and make a Ferris Wheel type mixer. Put the juice on there over night and see if it helps with mixing/steeping. Too fast a spin and centrifugal force will separate it.

It's turning into a science experiment for me. All I need now is some alchemist books and a bunch of lead to turn into gold :).

I figure for making cookies I can either shell out a few $100 for a professional grade mixer or use a drill. Sort of a no brainer for me because a drill can have a few more functions than mixing :)

Dont you mean Tim Allen AKA Tim the tool man Taylor lol

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Tim the tool man would recommend safety glasses for all power tools. If you've ever gotten a tiny drop of juice in the eye, you'd appreciate them. I caught a tiny drop one time from looking down during a dry burn from about 8 inches away. Ouch! It's amazing how far a juice pop can travel without a tip installed. A dremel could certainly splatter some juice if it got away from the user.

Maybe someone can invent a tiny paint shaker. ;)

Last edited:

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
Tim the tool man would recommend safety glasses for all power tools. If you've ever gotten a tiny drop of juice in the eye, you'd appreciate them. I caught a tiny drop one time from looking down during a dry burn from about 8 inches away. Ouch! It's amazing how far a juice pop can travel without a tip installed. A dremel could certainly splatter some juice if it got away from the user.

Oh man iv done that same thing a couple times now . Its painful . I broke a box mod from that . As soon as it hit my eye i just threw the box mod down and ran to wash out my eye without thinking . Also did it once while thermo shaking a carto .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread