Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I know for mant vapers vaping has evolved into a hobby and it's fun to experiment with different sizes, mods, tanks, temps, flavors etc, etc.
Vaping is definitely a hobby for me. How I pursue that is sharing and learning about the technical, political and social issues. I try to get better and smarter about mixing, rebuilding, batteries and stealth. I try to be a good example of the kind of vaper I want to be.

I like to customize and fabricate. i made a custom measuring stick to keep track of daily ml's. I made some shims to go between the atomizer and the mod. i modified a faux leather case so a pico can be in a top pocket and on a lanyard. I've got a well though out set of rebuilding tools and planning to make a rebuilding jig for the SV. I'm trying to figure out a belt clip holster for a pico so it doesn't always have to be in a pocket.

I don't pursue the hobby by buying every new device that comes along.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
The smoke from one cigarette exposes you to 1 mg of nic. The smoke from one pack has 20 mg. At $15 a pack you're paying 75 cents per mg of nic. A 1 liter bottle of 100 mg nic that costs $50 has 100,000 mg x 75 cents = $75,000. May be the cigarettes are priced a bit high. The challenge is even if they charged a dollar a pack for cigs they would still be way way more expensive than DIY.
Its not the cigarettes. Its tge stupid state and local taxes.

In AZ you can get sone cigarettes for less than $5 a pack. $2 of that is taxes.

6 1/2 years when i moved from Washington cigarettes were already over $7 a pack. Have NO idea hiw much they are now. I would bet they are $10 or so a pack.

America is being fleced by the local, state and Federal Government!

After my sister received her Masters Degree i literally BEGGED hew to take a job teaching Math in Asia.

America is about to be brought to its knees by tge eliteists.

Reactions: sorrynomore

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I use cellu cotton. Fiber freaks is too fragile for my liking
1b233d5ac8bff711960a0b74976e985f.jpg
I use the same stuff but i have tge BIG box with 500 feet

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I was looking at the Fiber Freaks stuff. Fragile you say?

Sent from Uranus using Tapatalk
Never used that stuff but the Rayon Chels posted a picture of is very good. I use the same stuff but git mine at Sally's.

Very good stuff.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Tried RDA's, didn't use for long, got fed up with dripping, tried squonking, same thing, got fed up keep remembering to press the bottle, I just want to fill up a tank and vape :)
That us EXACTLY why i went the RTA route.

I hate tge leaking and the taste of burning cotton in the morning.

motordude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2015
VA, USA
Have two in daily use, and as far as power mode no negatives at all. Don't do TC so can't comment on that function. I find them to be very comfortable to hold.

Yep, same as the Pressa, but, well, boxier. One of those in daily use as well :) Different hand feel, of course, but again, no negatives at all.

Get two, but be sure the battery is a good one, or put it in a flashlight ;)

See above :lol:
Thanks peeps!!
I did notice the battery is
1 x Avatar 18650 2000mAh Battery +$0.00

So I will be recycling that immediately!
Dude don't mess with unknown batteries.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
My RDA doesn't leak (unless I over fill it). I even lay it in my lap most of the time.
Never get the taste of burn't cotton in my mouth. (I use silica wicks) ;)
My Kayfun doesnt leak either. It is laid on the side in my pocket and the bellcap is full of juice never leaks.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
My Kayfun doesnt leak either. It is laid on the side in my pocket and the bellcap is full of juice never leaks.
+ Spheroid V3 for another atty that absolutely will never leak even in atmospheric change.

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
Vaping is about the ritual, not just the vapor. Different hardware makes you do things differently. People get preferences, rational and otherwise. I started with an N mini, then an Atlantis, then the rebuildable sub mini. I went from MTL to lung hits and back to MTL. My first try with a 22mm rda (Tugboat) was the end of my interest in tanks. It took a few months experimenting with different clone rda's to figure out that the SV rda was going to be my favorite. For $7 each I've got 10 of them in the stockpile, more than a life time supply and I'm sure I'll vape them exclusiely for the rest of my days. I did some customizing. A tall slip ring controls leaking. I use a short derringer style drip tip to drip through and a .030" home made shim so the air supply is oriented away from the tall battery door on the Pico. A black SV on a black Pico is stealthy and even looks blingy, until I add the dorky silicone sleeve.

Tanks are taller and more breakable and have more of parts. The SV is fast to rewick, which i do often. With temp control I can vary the vapor production by letting the wick go dry. I estimate re dripping happens about 10 times a day and takes 10-15 seconds. Not time consuming. The only down side might be that i have to be more careful about preventing leaking when the juice well is full by being sure the slip ring is in place in my pocket. I'm not intersted in squonking in part because I can't do it with the SV and because temp control needs to be there for me.

A lot of vapers, including me, get to a point where we've got something that's working, that's good enough, and we stop looking for something "better".

Similar, I started with CE4/ego, then a Vivi Nova/SID, then the Kayfun Lite for first rebuildable. That changed everything! I also went from MTL to DL and back to MTL. I missed a few good atties during that period and went back and tried many of the MTL atties of 2014/15. This is the period that works best for me and hits those attributes of MTL I love best (tight draw, small deck/chimney, above ohm, etc.)

I have stashed a treasure trove of :
  • KFL goodies (all manner of stuff to make all kinds of configs)
  • Erlkonigin nano (maybe the greatest of all time - flavor++, top fill, tiny, easy build deck, afc)
  • Spheroid V3 (absolutely a stunning design and the perfect vape for me each time)
These 3 are the pinnacle for me and there are a few others that most definitely I have an abundance of and get a close 2nd string:
  • Squape R(s)
  • Hurricane
  • Phenomenon Lite
  • Calix V2
  • Tilemahos V2
  • Chel's Mini Atty
  • Gus Aiolos V2
Many clones in there and many authentics bought 2nd hand in classies after the shiney wore off of them :)

I never vape over 15 watts so Provaris make up the abundance of the mod side with some stuff I like throw in here and there (Pico, Athena, etc.) A few mechs if that time ever comes we all dread, worst of the worst.

I am interested in the POD mods for out and about. I'm waiting for that market to settle down just a bit and figure out the good MTL devices. A friend has the Juul and it really is a unique device and vape.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
The bottom fill without tge fill port.
The flavor almost as good as the Goblin Mini or Silverplay Nano.
The spare parts availabiliy
Ability to pull the deck without dumping my Juice

And more is why I like the little beastie so much

And to think in the beginning i thought it woukd be my beater atty out and about and didn't care if i killed it.. I just didn't want to kill my Silverplay Nano.

This beastie stayed, and have sold 2/3 of the attys in my vapocalpse stash. Including most of tge Silverplay Nanos i raved about for months.
2B, the Silverplay deck is compatible with the KF... did you ever try your nano setup with a SP deck?

Just curious if you did and what experience was.

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
Similar, I started with CE4/ego, then a Vivi Nova/SID, then the Kayfun Lite for first rebuildable. That changed everything! I also went from MTL to DL and back to MTL. I missed a few good atties during that period and went back and tried many of the MTL atties of 2014/15. This is the period that works best for me and hits those attributes of MTL I love best (tight draw, small deck/chimney, above ohm, etc.)

I have stashed a treasure trove of :
  • KFL goodies (all manner of stuff to make all kinds of configs)
  • Erlkonigin nano (maybe the greatest of all time - flavor++, top fill, tiny, easy build deck, afc)
  • Spheroid V3 (absolutely a stunning design and the perfect vape for me each time)
These 3 are the pinnacle for me and there are a few others that most definitely I have an abundance of and get a close 2nd string:
  • Squape R(s)
  • Hurricane
  • Phenomenon Lite
  • Calix V2
  • Tilemahos V2
  • Chel's Mini Atty
  • Gus Aiolos V2
Many clones in there and many authentics bought 2nd hand in classies after the shiney wore off of them :)

I never vape over 15 watts so Provaris make up the abundance of the mod side with some stuff I like throw in here and there (Pico, Athena, etc.) A few mechs if that time ever comes we all dread, worst of the worst.

I am interested in the POD mods for out and about. I'm waiting for that market to settle down just a bit and figure out the good MTL devices. A friend has the Juul and it really is a unique device and vape.
for stealth when it's the only way to vape I use the icare - not good enough for all day device but good enough for when it's the only way to vape.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
for stealth when it's the only way to vape I use the icare - not good enough for all day device but good enough for when it's the only way to vape.
I'm definitely picking up the new iCare Solo... for $10-$12 bucks a no-brainer for me and looks like a great out and about that can MTL.

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
I'm definitely picking up the new iCare Solo... for $10-$12 bucks a no-brainer for me and looks like a great out and about that can MTL.
I hadnt seen this.The colors look like the icare. I wonder if it takes the same coils?

Looks nice but I think I'll stick with the icare because it's smaller and you can hide it in your hand, a plus for stealth.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Thanks for that, Bea.

However,

346.211 Division 6.1, Toxic Substances
The following conditions apply:
a. International Mail. Division 6.1 toxic substances or poisons and
irritating materials are prohibited.
b. Domestic Mail via Air or Surface Transportation. A Division 6.1 toxic
substance or poison that can qualify as a consumer commodity
material or ORM-D (for surface only) is permitted when packaged
under the applicable requirements in Appendix C (Packaging
Instruction 6A). Certain other poisonous materials are permitted to be
mailed only between authorized parties under specific conditions as
specified in 346.231b.

And then there's always UPS and FedEx :)

Users who are viewing this thread