Status
Not open for further replies.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Just ordered, be here in a couple weeks.. Now to figure out how to make my kick work in a plastic bodied mod.
A kick will definitely not work in this mod with an 18650,it may fit with an 18500 or 18490,i don't know for sure,but the 18650 is very tight in these so there is no space left at all with that battery.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Yeah, I have no idea how you would ground the kick in one of these.
I don't think that part would be too hard.You could simply take a thin strip of metal and bend it into an L shape,and slide the short part under the little battery ground terminal,and run the long side up the side of the mod where the battery runs.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
I modified a kick to work in a Vmod XL that I once had a couple years ago. It can be done. Here is a pic of what I did. The piece on the end just slides into the spring in the bottom of the device. You will have to use an 18490 or 18500 battery with though.
20121201_095848.jpg

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
I don't think that part would be too hard.You could simply take a thin strip of metal and bend it into an L shape,and slide the short part under the little battery ground terminal,and run the long side up the side of the mod where the battery runs.

Actually was thinking, to run the "foil" or wire down to the neg contact.. But Up would make for a shorter run and less VD.

Reactions: Lessifer

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
I'm waiting for my Terminator to break so I can dremel the heck out of it and stuff in an istick 30! I'd hate to permanently modify something that works so well. Once I save the money for a Reo though I will hack away!

That is going to be the next step. Don't really want to go cutting on the plastic case. making it weaker. But was leaning more to the Reo clone for the Regulated squonk box projet. Or maybe converting one of the 2/3x18650 boxes. Unless of course more BUDGET Regulated squonkers come out.

The Terminator is proof of concept, for BFing. It was the cheapest, delivered with an atty.... So, thats the one I got. I'm sure its good enough to determine IF I and the wife even like a squonking. Is also the smallest clone out. So if the wife likes it.... It can be HER upgrade from the EGO/PT she uses now. A mod for her is what I am really supposed to be shopping for anyway. I've been stuck between Istick30 or Squonker for her. The Owl or Reo would be perfect for her. I would just prefer regulation. Is easier, for me, to build for a regulated device than Mechanical device.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I'm waiting for my Terminator to break so I can dremel the heck out of it and stuff in an istick 30! I'd hate to permanently modify something that works so well. Once I save the money for a Reo though I will hack away!
While your saving for that Reo,grab a KUI.I got one yesterday that i ordered from focal,and i am really liking it.It is quite a bit heavier than the smokeless owl/terminator but it also performs better,seems to have less voltage drop.I got it with a 14mm atty for $31,well worth the money.

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
I've built two regulated squonkers. One I built to only use a Kbox, the other can use any mod that fits (so far I've used an istick 30 and 50, Smok M65, Sig 30 and kbox). The biggest downfall is obviously the size. Both are too bulky to be anything but a home device. That being said they work very well!
52ab457f43a326bb563b91a419e32aa4.jpg

6c7416624fb33baa7f9c22f252adad4c.jpg

e3805a2ca075d41bac380114f4156586.jpg

5spike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
WI
I've built two regulated squonkers. One I built to only use a Kbox, the other can use any mod that fits (so far I've used an istick 30 and 50, Smok M65, Sig 30 and kbox). The biggest downfall is obviously the size. Both are too bulky to be anything but a home device. That being said they work very well!
52ab457f43a326bb563b91a419e32aa4.jpg

6c7416624fb33baa7f9c22f252adad4c.jpg

e3805a2ca075d41bac380114f4156586.jpg
Lol I was just staring at my Kbox yesterday wondering if I could take it apart and turn it into a squonker.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
It actually wasn't very hard to do at all with just a hand drill, dremel and cheap soldering iron. I used a hammond 1590b plastic box, fat daddy vapes v3 with bottom feeder pins and kit and the base of a mini rda with drilled out posts as the mod connection.
You have all the tools you need to build a true vw sqounker then.The authentic dna 30 chip isn't very expensive,but you can get a clone chip for $15.This is what i'm working on now.I started out with a 1590b box,but i just got a 1590g to try and get it down to a smaller size.The chips are a bit difficult to get the wires all soldered on because they are so close together,but it's not too bad.

Reactions: 5spike

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
You have all the tools you need to build a true vw sqounker then.The authentic dna 30 chip isn't very expensive,but you can get a clone chip for $15.This is what i'm working on now.I started out with a 1590b box,but i just got a 1590g to try and get it down to a smaller size.The chips are a bit difficult to get the wires all soldered on because they are so close together,but it's not too bad.
I learned right away that I suck at soldering! I definitely need more practice before I try to tackle a board!

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I learned right away that I suck at soldering! I definitely need more practice before I try to tackle a board!
Haha,you and me both.That's why i'm still working on this project over a month from the time i started it.I bought the clone chip because i knew there was a possibilty of me screwing it up.My first attempt was horrible,i had a solder bridge between several wires,so i would take all the wires back off,resolder,fail again haha.I just could not get my solder to stick to the board,and when it did,it would flow out and stick to the wire next to it.I finally got some good flux,and it worked wonders,so i finally got all the connections made,then the chip i ordered for a mod for son got lost by usps,so i used mine to build his,and i have another on the way to finish mine.I think now with the new one,i should be able to get it done properly hopefully on the first try haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread