$21.90 Mech Bottom feeder

Status
Not open for further replies.

RavenousPathogen

Jul 15, 2015
I've had mine for about a month now, got it for 26, yeah, it IS worth it, but it's not THAT great. The coating on the mod itself will start to melt off if it gets too hot outside (like July 4th). I wish it would have had the juice hole in the dripper at deck level instead of coming out of the wire holes on the t-post center pin. Not sure if I could, but I won't go below .6 on total build. Oh, and last thing is it is NOT AFC.

Now, with all that said, I STILL think it's worth it.

Edit: I saw someone on here say it looked left-handed, I think after you get used to it, it fires fine from both hands.

Last edited:

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
I fire the Smokless Owl with both hands equally and always use my thumb----seems to work pretty good as long as you have a good hot fully charged battery.

took it to a 5 hour family reunion 2 days ago and it performed flawlessly----85 degrees outside very humid.---used my hand painted plume veil atomizer.

cinnamon and menthol my old stand by---getting to be my all day vape.

Not a bad device at all for what I had to cough up....hahahahahahahah

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I finally did a crappy but functional job of bf'ing my derringer. With the long center pin it has about a mm gap between the atty and mod, but doesn't look too bad. It's a derringer so of course it vapes great, I just didn't make the slit in the insulator big enough for easy squonking and draining.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437719175.124883.jpg

Sent from my zombie defense stronghold using Tapatalk - now Free

Reactions: thetrucker

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
So I got my Owl.. I like the mod but not so much the atty or the bottom Battery spring/post. Good thing I also have a new atty coming in the next couple days.

Currently I have it setup with a 1.5ohm coil running on an 18500 battery and My 5-15 watt kick. Just laid a piece of foil behind the kick and over the spring for the ground, no solder. Fires fine, but this atty needs much lower ohm rate. And to be shortened by a 1/2 inch or so.

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
So I got my Owl.. I like the mod but not so much the atty or the bottom Battery spring/post. Good thing I also have a new atty coming in the next couple days.

Currently I have it setup with a 1.5ohm coil running on an 18500 battery and My 5-15 watt kick. Just laid a piece of foil behind the kick and over the spring for the ground, no solder. Fires fine, but this atty needs much lower ohm rate. And to be shortened by a 1/2 inch or so.
What RDA do you have coming in the next few days?

Reactions: thetrucker

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
What RDA do you have coming in the next few days?

Hobo V3 from Anglecicgs. Got this mainly because it was one of the shortest 22mm BF atty's I could find, for less than $15, than could be delivered in less than a week.

FWIW. I have only ever had 1 other dripper type atty. I am comparing the Owl atty to my Kayfun. The owl is much harder to build. It's dual coil only, Not suited to MTL draw, Crappy screws, too tall, no drainage. Couldn't use the post holes for the 32awg 1.5 coil it's sporting, either wouldn't hold or just cut through wires.

IF I like Squonking, Plan is to build/buy a Regulated juice box.

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
Hobo V3 from Anglecicgs. Got this mainly because it was one of the shortest 22mm BF atty's I could find, for less than $15, than could be delivered in less than a week.

FWIW. I have only ever had 1 other dripper type atty. I am comparing the Owl atty to my Kayfun. The owl is much harder to build. It's dual coil only, Not suited to MTL draw, Crappy screws, too tall, no drainage. Couldn't use the post holes for the 32awg 1.5 coil it's sporting, either wouldn't hold or just cut through wires.

IF I like Squonking, Plan is to build/buy a Regulated juice box.
I have a Hobo V3 from angelcigs, it's pretty good. It looks and works very well on the owl too.

I have a BF velocity clone coming from fasttech that should be in my mailbox when I get home.

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC
....I spotted this over at the Modding forum. The price includes the atomizer. Seems like an absolute steal for someone wanting to try out the bottom feeder thing. I would hope that it is worth the price of admission.
Group buy- focalecig.com
sku_24723_4.jpg
Just got mine from focal cig. Built .45 ohm dual coils, sloppily spaced and replaced the squeeze bottle with some vape wild p&p persuasion. This thing hits like a champ!!! Easy squeeze to fill and it really works. This is my first squonker and I am really enjoying this thing. Well see how long it lasts since it is mostly plastic but for the price you shouldn't pass it up!
image.jpg
image.jpg

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Thought I'd post a pic of my REGULATED Smokeless Owl.

This is 1.3ohm twisted 31 coil fired By 18500 battery and 5-15watt kick. Just laid some foil in the battery bay for the ground. Since I am using no solder, I can still run 18650 batteries. When I want to vape at lower than the 1.3ohm kick limit.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California

This is 1.3ohm twisted 31 coil fired By 18500 battery and 5-15watt kick. Just laid some foil in the battery bay for the ground. Since I am using no solder, I can still run 18650 batteries. When I want to vape at lower than the 1.3ohm kick limit.
Nicely done, simple, functional.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Looks like a decent entry level squonker, if one is careful it could last a good while. Might be the kind of thing I take on vacation Instead of my...

Is a nice Starter MOD period. Performs well, is easy to use. Even though I don't use it, icky wide drip tip and dual coil only, no drainage and too tall. The windows in the stock Owl atty do make it easy to avoid dryness.

I think I'd still take, my Brass Mech for outdoors. I do a lot of 4X4 and hiking as recreation.. A Metal tube dropped on rocks or down a hill, will fare better than a plastic box. Think the Reo Clone, Cherry Bomber BF or Kui would be better for recreational use.

Reactions: Lessifer

mauricem00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2015
carson city nevada

NICE!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread