3rd attempt at quitting smoking, MVP2 hurts my lungs

Status
Not open for further replies.

mj79

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2010
mn
Well... I was trying e cigs long before it became the new craze/ the cool thing to do / smoked by people have never smoked before.... Tge last time I blew about $190 was for the mvp, with carts, liquids etc and it hurt to inhale... I smoke about a pack of marb lights / golds per day and for the 3rd time in a row, have failed at the e cig situation...

Whenever I inhale its a burning in my chest.. Doesn't feel to good .. Enough to make me go back to the real thing, and it's frustrating.... I want to quit, I want to save money, but when it hurts the throat, and makes the chest burn, its not a good feeling/ nor good way to go when trying to quit... I

Is this a thing that happens often, or, should I be worried...

Want to quit, but when quitting is harder than you ever tried and dont know what to do, it's a pretty bad feeling

Reactions: smacuser

mj79

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2010
mn
There's your problem, their expired. Grab some new juice. Clean your gear and try again :)
That was the last time I used them, because of the "hot chest" issue...

How about this... Start me over from scratch.. Money isn't a concern, Im just sick of wasting money on cigs.... I need to quit, Im just not doing anything good to stop it

Reactions: Kprthevapr

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    My MVP2 still works!

I just bought an eleaf pico from china for $23, so you don't have to spend a lot of money.

Sometimes they go bad, the really sweet stuff tastes awful to me after a few months. Some flavorings will spoil as well.

True

Ryedan

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    Well... I was trying e cigs long before it became the new craze/ the cool thing to do / smoked by people have never smoked before.... Tge last time I blew about $190 was for the mvp, with carts, liquids etc and it hurt to inhale... I smoke about a pack of marb lights / golds per day and for the 3rd time in a row, have failed at the e cig situation...

Whenever I inhale its a burning in my chest.. Doesn't feel to good .. Enough to make me go back to the real thing, and it's frustrating.... I want to quit, I want to save money, but when it hurts the throat, and makes the chest burn, its not a good feeling/ nor good way to go when trying to quit... I

Sounds like you were either using too much nic in your juice or you were vaping burnt juice.

Can you give us a bit more information on what atomizer you were using? If cartomizers what resistance were they and how many volts or watts did you try. Did the vapor taste good or really bad, aside form the chest burn?

mj79

ECF Veteran
    Jun 29, 2010
    mn
    My MVP2 still works!

I just bought an eleaf pico from china for $23, so you don't have to spend a lot of money.

True
    What the problem is/was.. is I got the mvp, and it wasn't just smoke and go... You need to find the right voltage, the right PG, the right liquid, the right temp , top mount, bottom mount... It was all just frustrating to me after I couldn't find anything that worked and just said to hell with it..

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    What the problem is/was.. is I got the mvp, and it wasn't just smoke and go... You need to find the right voltage, the right PG, the right liquid, the right temp , top mount, bottom mount... It was all just frustrating to me after I couldn't find anything that worked and just said to hell with it..

Pods are popular. I think they're all-in-one.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Kprthevapr

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 1, 2015
    On the River, GA
    That was the last time I used them, because of the "hot chest" issue...

How about this... Start me over from scratch.. Money isn't a concern, Im just sick of wasting money on cigs.... I need to quit, Im just not doing anything good to stop it
    If you're willing to do a lil work, as in, wrap your own coils and rebuilding the tank or dripper, this should be easy enough.
    As far as a mod goes, there are a lot of options in regulated mods these days.
    I have a few regulated mods but the ones I use the most are my Pico and my Fuchai 213.
    image-12.jpeg

IMG_20170106_205218_818.JPG

I'll let some of the others recommend a tank, I use only drippers.

Reactions: smacuser

Chodi

ECF Veteran
    Sep 10, 2016
    If you are smoking 1 pack a day then 12mg nic is probably way too much. Try some juice with 6mg. You will need some reasonably fresh e-juice and a good easy to use mtl ( mouth to lung) kit to get started. You want one with drop in coils. You might look at the offerings from Aspire since they were one of the original companies that stated this mtl vaping. I got an Aspire kit as my first attempt when I quit cigarettes and it worked for me. I still have it in my rotation more than a year later although I eventually turned the entire thing into a hobby and now have dozens of various setups. Never went back to cigarettes and never missed it.

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 1, 2015
    On the River, GA
    Thank you! I literally need to go to a vaping for dummies course. Unfortunately, here all I'm guessing I'll see is hipsters who've never smoked before wanting the biggest vape
    Anything you need help with, feel free to ask. That's why we are here. We were all beginners at some point.
    I didn't blow clouds in the beginning ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread