Status
Not open for further replies.

player one

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2013
cali
I've got about a 20 year supply of the stuff:laugh:

Which you will only use until the someone discovers the next best wicking material lol. I still have a ton of organic cotton purchased before the KGD discovery.

As far as the QC issues on my 454, the manufacturer basically told me to contact the seller and the seller of course does not respond. I got it from ebay because I had some money in my paypal. I was hoping the manufacturer would take care of it because it looks like a QC issue. I might just have to build it tonight if the seller still doesn't respond. I'll post a pic of my build when it happens.

FictitiousFreedom

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2014
WV
I don't like rayon, it works better than anything else but it makes me light headed, at first I though, like everyone, that I was just getting a better nic hit, so I rewicked and used 0% juice and still hot lightheaded. I wanted to like it but that was enough evidence for me. Also after looking at the processes used to make it I was even more turned off of it. I also found studies talking about the health risks in just wearing cloths with rayon. Another study I found talks about a certain teflon like chem found in it that attachs to your red blood cells when heated above 300 degrees f. That is more than enough for me, even of some of it is less than accurate. The problem I see is that because it works so well people will ignore the warning signs.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Durham, North Carolina, United States
Face palm. If you would actually read all the msds reports and various testing agencies' report, that might be nice instead of fear mongering PLUS assert that people are ignoring the warning signs.

ETA: there are alotta people like you who jumped on to rayon without knowing the first thing about it. But many others have been researching (read: not just searching randomly on google) alongside JeremyR to come up with legit lab and academic reports on rayon.

Last edited:

bakerb87

Sep 8, 2013
United States
just got my 454 the other day and have a 9 wrap 24 gauge g-plat single coil in there and it is crankin flavor and vapor on my littlemaN mod! Any other single coilers out there? I had a quad coil in there and it was awesome, and I was wary of rockin a single coil, but I tried it and it is awesome.

edit: and it is wicked with Rayon :) love me my Rayon

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
SoCal-Vegas
instagram.com
I don't like rayon, it works better than anything else but it makes me light headed, at first I though, like everyone, that I was just getting a better nic hit, so I rewicked and used 0% juice and still hot lightheaded. I wanted to like it but that was enough evidence for me. Also after looking at the processes used to make it I was even more turned off of it. I also found studies talking about the health risks in just wearing cloths with rayon. Another study I found talks about a certain teflon like chem found in it that attachs to your red blood cells when heated above 300 degrees f. That is more than enough for me, even of some of it is less than accurate. The problem I see is that because it works so well people will ignore the warning signs.

I'm not saying that YOUR STUPID, because that's not allowed.

I do however think you should know posting inaccurate information, besides being STUPID and scarring people for no reason, is a JERK OFF thing to do.

FictitiousFreedom

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2014
WV
All I did was post my experience and information I had read. For gods sake I even said the information probably wasn't the most accurate. In my opinion not sharing my research and experience with a new method would be a jerk move. If you disagree all you have to do is say so and maybe post links to actual information to discredit what I said. I'm all for information and research but just calling someone stupid for sharing their experience is counter productive and accomplishes nothing and kinda makes you look like the jerk.

Last edited:

CRW78

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2013
San Antonio, TX, USA
Hey! That 454 sure is an amazing atty! isn't it?
I love it! I'm actually interested in looking for the clone so I could compare with the authentic version to see the whole "real vs clone" fuss. This would be my second authentic next to the W6. No sense in bothering to clone the W6 to lower the price since the original is already dirt cheap. Lol. Buuuut, I may see about doubling up on my 454..

reeftivo

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2010
Chino, california
It is a great atty. After having it for awhile now my experience has gotten even better. I've found dual coils work amazingly. The way the channels are make it amazing for 360 flow builds.

Hmm? I may have to try that with duals. I use 360 wicking on my cerberus but never thought to try it with duals on the 454.

Should work great! Thanks!

FictitiousFreedom

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2014
WV
Yeah that's how I was doing my quads as well but with the duals its much easier to get them super clean and perfect, I was just really suprised at how much it shines in dual mode, and the cool thing is if your building super low duals for cloud chasing you can leave all four air holes open.

With a dual flow build its really important to get the inner diameter right. Most people who do flow builds use a larger id, which wicks amazing but doesn't produce as much vapor. If you make your id too small than the area around the coil gets too dry too fast which requires the ends of the cotton to be tucked under, which isn't a flow build. When you find that perfect id its amazing, it still wicks perfectly and you get the air to flow under and up behind the coil creating wonderful vape production. It's my favorite setup on the 454 so far.I just bought a new kind of cotton and havnt gotten it perfect yet.
6u7eseru.jpg
a4uzu2as.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread