A thread for any tank taking nautilus / triton mini coils - kabuki silo nautilus etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
Don't want to hijack the thread but first impressions on Calix V2:

Thumbs up... except for the juice ctrl with the drip tip, doesn't turn very easy. Going to have to work on that but giving a really good vape and easy build. Looks big in pic but it's a good size and looks the bomb on the Pico.

IMG_20160714_183453.jpg

Reactions: aikanae1

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I really think that trend of subohm is reducing, both from user request and coming regulations.

I've stocked up on at least 2 of the following:
  • Hurricane
  • Squape R(s)
  • Erl mini
  • KFV3 mini
  • KFV3 mini plus clone
Many others love the following (didn't work for me but more me than the device)
  • Taifun
  • Rose V2(s)
  • Ubertoot
  • Gob mini V1 (single coil)
  • Bellus (single coil)
  • Gem
  • Pico
I've got a Calix V2 in mailbox today :)

Toolman, would you consider this a pretty complete list of MTL RBs?

I'd like to add in the SXK Nebula Wine. I have a few on the way, but I do know the experience of them via my dearest bestie, and he's given it a RESOUNDING YAAY after both of us using every KF out there. We both still love the KFs, but I do believe this one, the Wine, should be added to the list.

(available at the FT)

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!

I'd like to add in the SXK Nebula Wine. I have a few on the way, but I do know the experience of them via my dearest bestie, and he's given it a RESOUNDING YAAY after both of us using every KF out there. We both still love the KFs, but I do believe this one, the Wine, should be added to the list.

(available at the FT)
I agree..only reason didn't make my cut is no afc..but many love it and I'm sure it's a good one

Reactions: aikanae1

Katdarling

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I suppose I'm odd (jury's NOT out on that one...... ) but most tanks I vape with whatever air flow they've got. Prolly the only ones I've ever adjusted have been the Naughties.

I have not yet vaped the Wine, but I'd be happy to come back and report on it.

SKYYcamel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2009
Mississippi

(available at the FT)
Does the Wine have a nice tight draw?

Reactions: Katdarling

Katdarling

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
DPL has fallen head over heels in love with it..... flavor and draw and not leaking.

SKYY, I haven't tried it yet, but should be getting mine in the next few days. I hope that I can compare/contrast it to some other tanks you might be familiar with.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
If Aspire did something closer to the CLR, I'd be a lot closer to try and tackling it. I'm not sure they will, as it appears everything they are making is being designed to meet TPD rules, and using proprietary coils for each new tank release that are completely different from the past (look at the Nauti X and the upcoming Atlantis EVO).

Maybe a third party will come forward as VVTF did and offer a better RBA to fit Nauti coil tanks. There certainly are enough such tanks on the market that the need is there.
Did you look at Avid Vapers version? It's a modified naughty coil that's supposedly easier to rebuild = more like the CLR. Outside of reviews on their site, I haven't heard much and they've been around awhile.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Eskie

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Did you look at Avid Vapers version? It's a modified naughty coil that's supposedly easier to rebuild = more like the CLR. Outside of reviews on their site, I haven't heard much and they've been around awhile.

Thanks for the tip. I'll track it down. There's also the new info of that expanded Nauti X they're going with that will apparently offer an RBA option as well. I don't have a Nauti X, and I know it doesn't get the best reviews, but if the issue is the coil, which you can build yourself, it might be an attractive top fill option. Only bad part is not being compatible with the standard BVC coils. If that were interchangeable, I imagine every Aspire Nauti fan would jump at it.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
Thanks for the tip. I'll track it down. There's also the new info of that expanded Nauti X they're going with that will apparently offer an RBA option as well. I don't have a Nauti X, and I know it doesn't get the best reviews, but if the issue is the coil, which you can build yourself, it might be an attractive top fill option. Only bad part is not being compatible with the standard BVC coils. If that were interchangeable, I imagine every Aspire Nauti fan would jump at it.
YES. I can't think of a top fill compatable with nauty coils.

Reactions: Glinda

kamillaL

Dec 6, 2015
Hello all,

got my Pegasus Mini with Triton Mini just two days ago. Tried both 1.8 clapton and 1.2 kanthal. No complaints. Today tried 0.15ohm (reads 0.21ohm on device) ni200 temp control coil. Whoah. I could chain vape both kanthal and clapton coils for half an hour. With this temp control coil, I got buzzed after three 2sec hits so hard I had to sit down.

Is this normal? I noticed with this ni200 coil, the drip tip got way hotter that with other coils, also more vapor was produced. I use Snake Oil (40vg/60pg) in 12mg.

Also, this is my first temp control mod and coil ever. I only tried 200C (392F). I am complete noob when it comes to temp control. Any input would be appreaciated! :)

edit: typos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread