How have you progressed since you started vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

erikbal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
Olean, NY
I started vaping and smoked my last cigarette Oct 12th 2013. I started with this..
0ff956ff6dd6cc3aee9fcb149ed70766.jpg

This was my first setup and I loved it when I first got it. Then I got sick of dealing with the ego-c atomizers and upgraded to an Evod and boy I thought that was awesome! Lol.
December 6th 2013 I got my MVP2. (I remember the date because I got it the day before my friends wedding that I was in). Then came other clearos like an I smoke bcc mega, protank, etc.
Christmas 2013 I got an iTaste vv3 along with an iclear30s. I used that setup for quite a while until the Nautilus came out. I got one of those and used it up until last Christmas when I got an Atlantis along with an aspire sub ohm battery. After using that setup for a few months I really missed having a regulated device. I missed all the features and the adjustability of the MVP but wanted something more powerful that could power my Atlantis as well. So a few weeks back I ordered a 50w istick and that's where I'm at now.
I have yet to get into rebuilding but would like to try it out with something like a sub tank mini.
So when did you start vaping and how have you progressed?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I smoked my last cigarette 3 years ago this month (I don't remember the exact day). :toast:

I went from cigalikes (Smokeless Image Volts for 2 - 3 weeks), to a mechanical mod with cartotank, to a regulated mod with a cartotank for about two years. (I skipped eGo's entirely) Lots of other mods and toppers in years 1 - 2.

Last summer I started using rebuildables exclusively in place of the cartotanks, still using the same Silver Bullet mech with a RDA and the same Provari with a RTA. Everything else is in a drawer collecting dust.

Inexpensive Mechanical Mod and RDA Setup

Why Provari?

Last edited:

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Started almost two years ago (in two weeks it'll be two years exactly). Basic ego starter kit with ce4 first, Innokin SVD and Evod tanks after a couple of months. Mechs and rebuildable tanks at about eight months in, and high powered regulated mods from around August last year. I've come "full circle" by getting my first clearomizer in a long while, the Subtank nano :)

mojofilter

Mar 10, 2015
Florida, USA
I started vaping on February 2nd with a V2 Pro Series 3. Stopped smoking cigarettes the same day. Have been off them since. I stopped inhaling the vapor into my lungs in the fifth week.

I feel so out of place in threads where people talk about the vaping equipment they use! I don't know what any of the jargon means, or the abbreviations, or really anything you guys talk about. It's like finding myself in an alternate universe where I can't grasp what anyone is saying!

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
I too came from humble beginnings. June 1 2013, got my first e-cig - ego 650, 4ml DCT, bottle of USA Favorite juice. (Cig free since)
CE5, T3, T3S tanks, Eco-c with 1100 mha - I was starting the climb.
E-Vic, Vamo's (several versions), Z-Max, Wood box mod, Protank, PT2, Puritank, AFC's for the PT's and Puritanks (big improvement, BTY).
DNA-30, Nautilus with BDC, DNA-50, Kayfun 3.1, Nimbus clone dripper.
Today, happily vaping my KF3.1's (eight of 'em), twistin Kanthal and stuffin' cotton.
Life's good 'til the next shiney thang. Or the G-men pull the plug.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
My wife and I quit smoking 2 years ago with a couple of ego/CE4 clearo kits, they lasted about a month. Progressed into rebuilding those clearos, then onto rebuilding protanks and stayed with protanks for a looooong time. I'm now enjoying kayfuns and russains but my wife is still vaping those protanks. As for PV's it went from ego to evic, k100, Sigelei Zmax, sentinel, nemesis provari, Istick50, IPV2 and others I have to dig out of the drawer to identify. Now within the last few weeks I've began DIY my juice so I've gone full circle and having a great vape experience with having very few to no issues at all.

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
I bought a V2 Cigs starter kit in May of 2012 because I was going on a trip where it was going to be difficult to sneak off and smoke cigarettes. I used my cigalike kit on and off for about five months as a novelty until I decided that I wanted to quit smoking by switching to vaping in October. About a week later after successfully making the switch I joined ECF, bought some eGos and cartomizer tanks, and subsequently a SmokTech Bolt (all 808 threaded). In December I pounced on a great deal on a Provari v2 on Craigslist and made the switch to 510 cartomizers and bought some 510 threaded eGos. In April 2013 I bought my first mechanical mod (GP Paps v2.1) because I was afraid of potential FDA regulations. A month later I started to get into rebuildable atomizers like the IGO-L and then the Killer 705 and Diver v1. Since then I’ve continued to purchase different high-end authentic mechanical mods, RDAs, and RTAs. Although my spending on new gear has declined (thank goodness) I primarily use mechanical mods (I still have an affinity for GP) and RTAs (I mainly use KFLs, Spheroids, and a Heron) and they work very well for me.

GinnyTx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2014
Pearland, TX
my significant other and I stopped smoking May 30th of last year..I got a Nemi/Russian and some Mother's Milk and blew our budget (later kicking ourselves because that was about 400% mark up and waaaay too complicated to start with a rebuildable) so with what little of the budget we had left I got on yelp and looked up vape stores, we went and got Ed an eGoT and it had one of those little Aspire one piecers on top..and ordered way too much stuff that's for sure as we learned and then found ECF.

then it went to Vision spinners and MVP"s Im stuck on vv/watt as is Ed..my fave now is my Kayfun V4 and iStick 30 or Vapor Flask (with a ton of V2's and Megas in there too)

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
Began 2 1/2 years ago with cig-a-likes (volts from smokeless image). I framed my first sleak silver volt labeled with my quit date...August 12, 2012.

Moved to egos a couple of months later, but still mostly used those little volts for about a year. Those egos were just huge, don't you know. Now that I said that, I can't believe that I found the egos to be so big at the time...how things change.

During the 2013 FDA scare, I picked up some 18650 style mods called Joyetech Ego T2 Mods. Supplimented those with Evic Easy heads. That's where I stopped buying battery devices.

As for toppers, I have progressed from cartos to CE3-4-5s to T2s T3s and T4s to Evods to carto tanks, to Kayfuns...and then I stopped.

I haven't bought a new device or topper since June of 2014.

i tried 808-threaded v2 cig-a-likes and cartos about a year ago; I hated the taste of cartos and went back to smoking after a month. 9 months later (3 months ago), I took on vaping again full time with MVP 20w after some research. I use protanks with rebuilt coils and small two-post RDAs with twisted 32 gauge kanthal with Japanese organic cotton wicking. Rocking it for three months now and I think I'll stick with it for quite some time.

erictho

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2011
Edmonton
i started with an ego-t kit. i quickly wanted a battery with a longer life so picked up a couple 1100mah ego batteries. i quickly relied on cartomizers and feared a carto tank because posts on here made it sound hard.
that did me well for my first seven months of vaping until i bought a precise plus and finally tried carto tanks. in the mean time i had tried a few different clearos available. just the overpriced disposable clearomizer (not just the coil).
i then tried out a boge revolution and picked up a vmod when that broke, not to the fault of how it was being used. i rode that wave for a good long while until the evic came out and i decided i would try it. i went through two heads on the evic before i gave up on it.
i bought an svd and eroll when fasttech started up. the eroll is leaky and replacement parts are ridiculously expensive. the svd threads eventually wore out. i tried out vivi nova's for five or so months until i had to seal the end caps with teflon. that is not worth the time or effort.
so i just stuck with more super t products and carto tanks. now have plenty of mechs to leave me uninterested in buying more apvs. last month i exhausted my sources for cartos for the udct i had been favoring. so i just decided to give up and bought two lemos at local b&m's. although at first resistant to rebuildables i'm glad i'm finally getting into it, althernative options are way too expensive.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread