iStick 30w advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonViper

Mar 22, 2015
Oradea
Wich is the best (clearomizer) option for istick 30w?I know that MELO was specially made for 30w one but I don`t know,maybe you know a better than this.I want with replaceable coils.I was thinking at Kanger SubTank plus v2 with 1,2ohm coil,Delta II with the same 1,2ohm coils,Aspire nautilus mini BVC or the MELO.
Now I`m waiting opinions for those who know!

GinnyTx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2014
Pearland, TX
the two I enjoy on my istick 30 the most are my Kayfun v4 1.0ohm build on about 15 watts and the Kanger Mega's with 1.5ohm coil at about 10-12 watts depending on which juice I"m using.

I dont' "get" the whole Subtank mini, I can't get any vapor out of mine..and have changed the coil etc..it cracks so hard it makes me jump and it's like one big bad dry hit (and I've monkeyed with it..I need to just clean it out and put it on the classifieds here)

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
I dont' "get" the whole Subtank mini, I can't get any vapor out of mine..and have changed the coil etc..it cracks so hard it makes me jump and it's like one big bad dry hit (and I've monkeyed with it..I need to just clean it out and put it on the classifieds here)

When I first got my Subtank, it did the same thing to me, but that was also because I tried running the 1.2 ohm coil at 9-10 watts, well below the recommended wattage range. I was still trying to do mouth to lung hits with the airflow set at the lowest setting and the vape was just too warm for me. Now I'm running the 0.5 ohm coil at 22-24 watts with the airflow control set wide open doing lung hits and no popping or cracking, just the sizzle of the juice being vaporized. The vape is still on the warm side, but with a greater airflow it is bearable.

nvadasz

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2014
Beverly Hills, Fl, USA
Wich is the best (clearomizer) option for istick 30w?I know that MELO was specially made for 30w one but I don`t know,maybe you know a better than this.I want with replaceable coils.I was thinking at Kanger SubTank plus v2 with 1,2ohm coil,Delta II with the same 1,2ohm coils,Aspire Nautilus mini BVC or the MELO.
Now I`m waiting opinions for those who know!

IMO Nautilus Mini, silver istick with a ss mini tank...looks cool, works great!

Reactions: Karen Powell

GinnyTx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2014
Pearland, TX
When I first got my Subtank, it did the same thing to me, but that was also because I tried running the 1.2 ohm coil at 9-10 watts, well below the recommended wattage range. I was still trying to do mouth to lung hits with the airflow set at the lowest setting and the vape was just too warm for me. Now I'm running the 0.5 ohm coil at 22-24 watts with the airflow control set wide open doing lung hits and no popping or cracking, just the sizzle of the juice being vaporized. The vape is still on the warm side, but with a greater airflow it is bearable.

I've got the 1.2 in there..I don't know if I want to put another $12 getting 0.5 ohm coils to give it a another try *lol* (it came with another but Ed's got it or it's in the box..or heck if I know where it is) I just can't get any vapor from it..so giving up on it. I've got others that work so much better..so Im tired of mucking about with it.

I tried it again just now ..after that CRACK thanks I'm awake with very little coffee now *lol*

umanbean

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2009
Georgia, USA
I've got the 1.2 in there..I don't know if I want to put another $12 getting 0.5 ohm coils to give it a another try *lol* (it came with another but Ed's got it or it's in the box..or heck if I know where it is) I just can't get any vapor from it..so giving up on it. I've got others that work so much better..so Im tired of mucking about with it.

I tried it again just now ..after that CRACK thanks I'm awake with very little coffee now *lol*

Have you tried the RBA deck? To me, the factory OCC coils heads will suffice in a tight, but the RBA deck rocks... and it comes with a coil already installed. Just add some cotton, prime, assemble, and you're ready to roll. It's also very forgiving... I've wicked it tight, loose, long tails, short tails, and used several different ratios of PG/VG from 70/30 to 30/70... no problems.

Been using an OCC coil for the last few days and you're right, they crackle and pop a lot. Just re-wicked the RBA deck and installed it (still using the factory coil it came with after ~6 weeks)... much better vapor and no POPS! :D

p.s. If'n ya decide to ditch it anyway, PM me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread