Spouse driving me nuts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeftofCenter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2014
Front Royal, VA, USA
My spouse says he doesn't need anything fancy and is happy to vape with the tank and battery he has.... Great! He doesn't want to research anything, but will listen to me when I talk about gear and tanks and whatever.

Every time I upgrade, he gets jealous of my better flavor/vapor, look of gear or whatever has changed. No big deal, he gets all my old gear when I get new....

Except that gear he was once coveting is no longer what he wants because he is now coveting my NEW gear! :glare:

Problem is, he has already called me from the road (in the middle of the night) to trouble shoot his Nautilus/Vamo set up, is always getting me to fix his stuff and when I try to show him how to do it he just kind of wanders off. :mad:

There is no way I am giving him an RBA!!! I can see me now building all his coils and getting frantic calls when he is on the road!!!

Anyone else have this problem with their SO? If so how do you deal with it? I get soooo frustrated! The man would run out of juice and never have a charged battery if he had to take care of it himself. Maybe I should just let him flounder for a while?

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
My spouse says he doesn't need anything fancy and is happy to vape with the tank and battery he has.... Great! He doesn't want to research anything, but will listen to me when I talk about gear and tanks and whatever.

Every time I upgrade, he gets jealous of my better flavor/vapor, look of gear or whatever has changed. No big deal, he gets all my old gear when I get new....

Except that gear he was once coveting is no longer what he wants because he is now coveting my NEW gear! :glare:

Problem is, he has already called me from the road (in the middle of the night) to trouble shoot his Nautilus/Vamo set up, is always getting me to fix his stuff and when I try to show him how to do it he just kind of wanders off. :mad:

There is no way I am giving him an RBA!!! I can see me now building all his coils and getting frantic calls when he is on the road!!!

Anyone else have this problem with their SO? If so how do you deal with it? I get soooo frustrated! The man would run out of juice and never have a charged battery if he had to take care of it himself. Maybe I should just let him flounder for a while?

My advice, for what it's worth:

First, count your blessings. Gave my wife both my innokin VV V3 and the eleaf istick (along with some great clearos and my most favorite liquid). She doesn't use it, but won't give it back.

Second, if he's lusting after your current setup, it's a great excuse to buy yourself a new, better setup (or even the same one). He can't complain about that, right?
ETA: And make sure the new one is in flaming pink!

Third, check out the premade coils (and even premade, prewicked coils) on FastTech.
Found 498 coiled wick at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

All different resistances (and they have some with cotton wicks, too, like $3.34 Pre-made Wires and Wicks for Rebuildable Atomizers (50-Pack) 50-pack - 1.1ohm / 0.32mm dia. / 10*10mm leads at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping )
Buy him a couple of 50-packs, which will set you back about $3.34 each. He knows how to use a screwdriver, no? Just because you wind your own coils doesn't mean you (or he) has to wind his.

Last, but not least, just remember what a blessing both vaping and your husband are to you. Well, perhaps one more so than the other........

Last edited:

zeus01

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2011
manila
well,dont hav ethe same issue
but if I were on your shoes

here is what id do,

probably get an istick,
2 rbas, set up right

and turn the phone on do not disturb at night :)

reason:
2 rbas in case he breaks one of the working builds
and the istick so he can plug it in the car if he is not using it..
persoinally If you already have batteries id say ipv mini 2,since you can charge it as well.thou takes a bit longer vs your regular chargers

Reactions: LeftofCenter

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
The arguing only happens when he won't learn to use it correctly and tries to get me to "make it work" all the time. Sigh

Perhaps give it to him next time with the appropriate PBrusardo link? But I also agree with the advice to be grateful he's vaping and not smoking. I do get where you're coming from in that it can be tedious if he's just being lazy about it.

Reactions: LeftofCenter

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I got the wife the shiny red one.
9oVSw3Nl.jpg

She picked up squonking pretty fast and now I just keep spare batteries charged and a spare bottle full, ready for her to swap in.
I dry burn/recoil every three weeks or so using silica and 28 AWG.
The only issue is the drip tip breaks after a few falls, so she keeps a extra in her handbag now.

Best of luck
I

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
Well, mine doent get Mod Envy, but I have yet to get her to wrap a coil.

I gave her about 5 mods, and about 6 attys, and.... a complete neat and tiny "Oh Sh:t Kit".
So all she has to do is switch to another if a coil pops or whatever.

And I just resign myself to fixing everything for her.
In the long run it is easier on me than trying to teach someone who really doesnt care to learn.
Better that than her going back to analogues!

LeftofCenter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2014
Front Royal, VA, USA
So I decided to get him a Sigelei 30 mini, just ordered today. That should keep him happy for a good while.

I am putting my foot dow on the rebuildable tank until he learns how to do it himself!

I am grateful he is vaping, not sure I would have managed to stick to it if he was still smoking.

LeftofCenter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2014
Front Royal, VA, USA
My advice, for what it's worth:

First, count your blessings. Gave my wife both my innokin VV V3 and the eleaf istick (along with some great clearos and my most favorite liquid). She doesn't use it, but won't give it back.

Second, if he's lusting after your current setup, it's a great excuse to buy yourself a new, better setup (or even the same one). He can't complain about that, right?
ETA: And make sure the new one is in flaming pink!

Third, check out the premade coils (and even premade, prewicked coils) on FastTech.
Found 498 coiled wick at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

All different resistances (and they have some with cotton wicks, too, like $3.34 Pre-made Wires and Wicks for Rebuildable Atomizers (50-Pack) 50-pack - 1.1ohm / 0.32mm dia. / 10*10mm leads at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping )
Buy him a couple of 50-packs, which will set you back about $3.34 each. He knows how to use a screwdriver, no? Just because you wind your own coils doesn't mean you (or he) has to wind his.

Last, but not least, just remember what a blessing both vaping and your husband are to you. Well, perhaps one more so than the other........

No need for the flaming pink thank goodness! He knows better than to nick my gear! :D

I may point him in the direction of pre-built coils, thanks for the idea!

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Awwww {{{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}}}}} Sorry you have to deal with that.
I'm forever grateful that Hubby doesn't smoke/never did and there is no conflict there.

I wonder if Mr.Robin feels the same as you do when I always am having him do computer stuff when I need things done :blink:

At least I don't wake him up :eek:

Hang in there and you've got the best place to rant right here :)

LeftofCenter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2014
Front Royal, VA, USA
I gotta give you lots and lots of credit for being the driving force in your vaping relationship!
Many kudos to you!!

Thanks, but in all honesty it is more self preservation! If he was still smoking I would have never made it!!

OK.... And I am happy he isn't smoking anymore. :p

xena222

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2014
PA
My hubby is always complaining that this or that wasn't working....LOL, I showed him how to refill things himself and he does okay with that...every battery thing becomes a catastrophe....but, well, he is only a "vape when I feel like it" vaper, and I never got him to quick chewing :( But I gave it my best go....so I just deal with the occasional whining now...LOL! But I would never let him work on cleaning coils and DIY....we would probably end up in a hospital somewhere...

LeftofCenter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2014
Front Royal, VA, USA
My hubby is always complaining that this or that wasn't working....LOL, I showed him how to refill things himself and he does okay with that...every battery thing becomes a catastrophe....but, well, he is only a "vape when I feel like it" vaper, and I never got him to quick chewing :( But I gave it my best go....so I just deal with the occasional whining now...LOL! But I would never let him work on cleaning coils and DIY....we would probably end up in a hospital somewhere...

I guess some guys just aren't that into the hobby part.

Oh well, maybe I can make a deal with him..... If he keeps the ferret cage clean, I will keep trouble shooting his gear. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread