How Long Do You Inhale For?

Status
Not open for further replies.

khalidmna

ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2014
Liverpool, UK
Hi all

Just curious to know how long everyone inhales for? I don't mean how long you hold it in for before you exhale, but how long you suck in through your device for?

I ask because people say you need to suck in for at least 8 seconds because the first initial seconds are wasted on the coil being primed. I also see a lot of vapers on youtube who inhale for about 7-8 seconds, but I can only manage 5 seconds on 25VW before it starts to feel too harsh. I can do 8 seconds on 15VW but feel I'm missing out and don't know whether it's do with my lung capcity or whether I have to just tough it out and allow my lungs to adapt?

Sorry to go on, but also say you suck in for 5 seconds at 25VW but can manage to suck in for longer at 15VW say for 8 seconds, are you getting as an effective vape as the 5 second 25VW vape?

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
i used to vape around 4-5seconds when i used to do kanthal builds at 0.3-0.7ohms@40watts. Then I discovered nichrome wire in mech mods. Closest thing to 'smoking' and is much better for me now. only 0.5-1s pulls with tons of vapor. Nichrome 80 Wire @ 0.15-0.2ohms on a mech. Using Nichrome wire just gets rid of all that rampup time kanthal has.

heres a short vid to show how fast it starts creating vapor. I'm not taking super long drags to stress the crap out of my battery btw, and im running a vtc4. Its pretty hot, i might try to aim for 0.2 next build should be better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread