My Recommendation: How to Create a Large Cloud of Vapor without Inhaling

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwplefty

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
Chicago, IL
I didn't really figure this out until I was sitting at Starbucks waiting for my beverage for the 20th time this week. Being the hot dog that I am, I like to draw attention to myself when I'm vaping and get reactions out of other people. Personally, I enjoy normalizing vaping, and I think that large, yet reasonable, clouds of vapor help to do this. That's why I don't stealth vape indoors. So the best way to produce that big cloud of vapor (without inhaling) is to deliberately inflate your cheeks as you suck in. Then, blow out right away. In other words, don't keep your cheeks inflated for more than 1-2 seconds. Don't allow the vapor to reach your throat because most of it will either get caught in there or travel down your windpipe. I recommend blowing out in a continuous motion. Whether it takes you 2 seconds or 20 seconds to completely exhale the vapor is irrelevant. It's only important that you begin the exhalation process within 1-2 seconds of inflating your cheeks.

Before I determined this, I was sucking in too quickly and most of the vapor was getting caught in my throat, and I wasn't creating much of a cloud at all.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
I vape to get the nicotine hit, not to be noticed by others.

Draw into the mouth and throat. I vape a Smoktech 510 single coil 2.0 ohm LR XL cartomizer at 3.7V regulated. After vaping into the mouth and throat the vapor either goes to the lungs or out through the nose. Either way can get just as hard a hit. I prefer the nose hit... it works faster for me.

I don't give a damn about creating clouds o' vapor. That's for video reviewers and vaping exibitionists. If it doesn't give me the hit, I don't care about it..

mwplefty

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
Chicago, IL
I vape to get the nicotine hit, not to be noticed by others.

Draw into the mouth and throat. I vape a Smoktech 510 single coil 2.0 ohm LR XL cartomizer at 3.7V regulated. After vaping into the mouth and throat the vapor either goes to the lungs or out through the nose. Either way can get just as hard a hit. I prefer the nose hit... it works faster for me.

I don't give a damn about creating clouds o' vapor. That's for video reviewers and vaping exibitionists. If it doesn't give me the hit, I don't care about it..

Well, as long as you aren't stealth vaping. Personally, I think that creating large clouds of vapor (provided you're not blowing it in someone's face directly) can help normalize vaping indoors.

ndnshift

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Redmond
thats how i vape anyways... i think you mean deflate your cheeks rather than inflate though. almost looks like the goldfish face :) however, i then inhale from there...

but i have used that technique to make massive clouds just for fun... you'd be amazed how quickly i can literally turn a room into fog with dual darwins, boba's, and circle breathing... really only to show off to newbies =)

Reactions: Michael_S

LucentShadow

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2011
Michigan, USA
Sorry, I really don't see the point in the OP. Blowing big plumes of vapor around a small, likely crowded coffee shop just because you can seems like asking for trouble, to me.

If they are reasonable enough to allow it in their shop, I think it should be done reasonably, and for it's intended purpose. By not inhaling, you're removing most of the point of doing it. While some of the nicotine will absorb in the mouth, not inhaling makes it more likely that you're exposing others to the nicotine that would normally absorb in the lungs.

Me, I'd just do what I'd normally do anywhere. Vape, not show off.

ki77en

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2011
Ohio
I lol'd.
I've known few in my lifetime that did things to get a reaction from people, and they were always interesting.
Picturing mwplefty making a goldfish sort of face - or maybe a squirrel w/ a bunch of nuts in its cheeks - was just hilarious. I find it amusing when I'm sitting here at work, reading this forum and chain-vaping and the next thing I realize is that I'm completely surrounded by vapor.
Good thing it's a big room.

I wouldnt want to waste juice by not inhaling.

That said, I get large amounts of vapor by vaping normally. Everyone vapes differently. My girlfriend gets shallow vapor on her kgo even when she tries to get plumes. I can vape her kgo normally and get 5 times more vapor. Same device, same carto, same juice.

I think its funny when I watch some vape videos and see someone taking ridiculously long drags trying to get lots of vapor. I can get just as much with a 2-3 second drag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread