Let Us Now Praise Sturdy Gear

Status
Not open for further replies.
How often we hear in this forum of pricey gear that stopped working after it was dropped. Sounds to me like planned obsolescence. Let's use this thread to recommend gear that has proven to be sturdy.

Steer clear of mentioning yet again the gear that didn't make it. B-o-r-i-n-g! This is a good-news blog.

My own example: the no-brand-name ego-style clones I got in a starter kit at EasyVapors.com--with two vapes, etc.--which cost me $26 (now down to $22). I've replaced worn-out batteries ($7) and gotten extra clearomizers ($2-$2.50) for different flavors, but I've dropped that vape just about every day. No problems!

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
My Reos, they've been dropped from 4'+ plus onto concrete doors flew off, batteries went flying the other way. Once put back together they vape like nothing ever happened. If I wasn't such a perfectionist and disliked scratches I would make vidoes of me throwing them for fun, having no fear they would still vape the exact same way as they did pre chunk.

Last edited:

Bigflyrodder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Boston, MA
Maybe I should knock on wood by saying this, but in the 3 years I have been vaping.....I have never yet dropped a mod. Of course, now that I have said it, I'm doomed. ;)

lol...too true, leave the HEMs on the desk for a while until you get it over with ;-)

Reactions: ReigntheGamer

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Between being in my lap when getting out of the car and bending over with it in my shirt pocket, my mods get dropped. Everything mechanical, from the K100 and KTS to the Touchwood and GGTB, just get a nick or scratch and keep on vapin'. Wired or regulated mods that have held up for me are the Provari, for literally hundreds of drops, and the Lavatube Lambo, which is pretty solid. The little plastic 18350 Gripper from Madvapes has been abused and just keeps working too, possibly due to it's light weight.

I place a lot of value on a tool that takes serious drops on concrete and keeps working.

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR
I've dropped all my mods at least once and they've just kept on working. That includes my iStick 30 watt, which I keep hearing is so flimsy and breakable. My Vamo v.2 has probably been dropped a good 50 times and still works just fine. My MVP's I don't even worry about. They're built like a tank. I think most mods are tougher than they look. Now clearomizers, that's another story. I have broken a few of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread