Let Us Now Praise Sturdy Gear

Status
Not open for further replies.
How often we hear in this forum of pricey gear that stopped working after it was dropped. Sounds to me like planned obsolescence. Let's use this thread to recommend gear that has proven to be sturdy.

Steer clear of mentioning yet again the gear that didn't make it. B-o-r-i-n-g! This is a good-news blog.

My own example: the no-brand-name ego-style clones I got in a starter kit at EasyVapors.com--with two vapes, etc.--which cost me $26 (now down to $22). I've replaced worn-out batteries ($7) and gotten extra clearomizers ($2-$2.50) for different flavors, but I've dropped that vape just about every day. No problems!

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
My Reos, they've been dropped from 4'+ plus onto concrete doors flew off, batteries went flying the other way. Once put back together they vape like nothing ever happened. If I wasn't such a perfectionist and disliked scratches I would make vidoes of me throwing them for fun, having no fear they would still vape the exact same way as they did pre chunk.

Last edited:

Jugband

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
PA, USA
I can't top my Reo's. A couple of times I climbed out of my Ranger to hear the dreaded clunk of one of my Reo's hitting the concrete parking lot. I know I never have to have any concern if it still works flawlessly, but I would hate to discover even a paint chip from my negligence! So far, so good! Not a scratch or problem :)

bones1274

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2010
florida
+1 on the REO Grand. Been using the same one for almost 5 years now, I need a durable mod, and I am extremely hard on it. I have issues with my hands and I have dropped it countless times. Knocked it off the desk, counter, and basically anything else I have set it on. Used it as a hammer in a pinch to hang pictures on the wall, break up ice in the freezer, or numerous other small home projects. Dropped it in the pool, puddle, ocean, and just about anything else that can support sea life. Used it to play catch with my dog. It takes a licking and keeps on ticking and wears each scratch like a badge of honor. It still works as well today as day one. It does not get any more durable than this.

Bigflyrodder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Boston, MA
Maybe I should knock on wood by saying this, but in the 3 years I have been vaping.....I have never yet dropped a mod. Of course, now that I have said it, I'm doomed. ;)

lol...too true, leave the HEMs on the desk for a while until you get it over with ;-)

Reactions: ReigntheGamer

JUDGMENT AFFIRMED

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2012
BELLE VERNON PA.
How often we hear in this forum of pricey gear that stopped working after it was dropped. Sounds to me like planned obsolescence. Let's use this thread to recommend gear that has proven to be sturdy.

Over 2 years old and still works perfect -had to remove a small burr on the end cap after a big impact with a concrete floor, but surprisingly, no real damage. ProVari works. :D

Reactions: Asbestos4004

caferacer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2015
Los Angeles
Thanks for the posts that are ON TOPIC. Why make people looking for guidance wade through all the adolescent guffawing?!?

Aw, c'mon man...live a little. It's Sunday Funday!

:rickroll::rickroll::rickroll::rickroll::rickroll:

(Well, that and we're trying to get the post count up to 15M as quickly as possible :D )

Reactions: Asbestos4004
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread